Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The Best Grilled cheese maker going?

So, iv been looking for two days now for a top quality grilled cheese maker and i'm having trouble finding one. Anyone have any suggestions of ones they have bought over the years? Not a fan of hard crust ones such as
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GRILL-NON-STI...76e2807&_uhb=1

What do you use? Any suggestions?

P.S Money is no object, I will pay top dollar for a great grilled cheese maker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use my stove and a normal frying pan
    You're a towel.

I just use a frying pan myself. I don't like owning "unitaskers" for the kitchen. They take up too much space and get used too little.

That said, a Forman Grill is a really good option, because you can use it for grilled sandwiches, steak, veggies, and just about anything you want to cook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    A frying pan? Bread, butter, cheese and mayo.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    P.S Money is no object, I will pay top dollar for a great grilled cheese maker.
    Hire an experienced chef, then.

Well I use a frying pan currently, but i'm looking for change, also id rather do something else while they cook. Bread / Butter and Cheese are easy enough for a machine to handle.

I want people to be jealous of my grilled cheese maker when they visit type deal, like a conversation starter AND a meal maker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    A frying pan? Bread, butter, cheese and mayo.
    Eww why mayo?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post
    I just use a frying pan myself. I don't like owning "unitaskers" for the kitchen. They take up too much space and get used too little.

That said, a Forman Grill is a really good option, because you can use it for grilled sandwiches, steak, veggies, and just about anything you want to cook.
    I have a Forman grill, I shall try this. Ill let you know how it turns out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Frying pan, butter the bread lightly, little sprinkle of garlic powder, cook. That's the best way to make grilled cheese.

just get a panini press.

I'm a fan of Cuisinart products. Search their Panini Presses.

Quote Originally Posted by ZealousBlade View Post
    just get a panini press.
    I hate paninis though, will I be kind of a poser getting one? Or do you think it wouldn't matter so much. I figured it would be tough to clean too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarism View Post
    I'm a fan of Cuisinart products. Search their Panini Presses.
    Damn the second panini press post, Imma have to look into this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Frying pan, butter the bread lightly, little sprinkle of garlic powder, cook. That's the best way to make grilled cheese.
    Yeah basically this. I don't use the garlic personally but meh :P I butter the inside of the bread very thing, the outside of one side, and put some butter in the pan, melt the butter, throw the sandwich in there, brown it, flip it over to the buttered side, brown it, done. Eat!

I use swiss and cheddar cheese usually mixed when I do have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you care if you look like a freaking "poser" for having a panini press? Who cares rofl!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah basically this. I don't use the garlic personally but meh :P I butter the inside of the bread very thing, the outside of one side, and put some butter in the pan, melt the butter, throw the sandwich in there, brown it, flip it over to the buttered side, brown it, done. Eat!

I use swiss and cheddar cheese usually mixed when I do have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you care if you look like a freaking "poser" for having a panini press? Who cares rofl!

Yumm, off topic, have you ever added crispy bacon to the mix? it's pretty great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up marrying the best grilled cheese maker I know

Quote Originally Posted by hexster420 View Post
    I ended up marrying the best grilled cheese maker I know
    Long Distance relationship here, ill have to wait to make her cook for me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Cuisinart Panini Press and it works brilliantly. One side of the plates is "waved" for grilling, the other "flat" for making sandwiches, pancakes, etc. It is so darn easy to clean. pop the plates off, rinse em and through em in the dishwasher. I used to have a Foreman and it was a POS pain to clean. Don't get one imo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Yumm, off topic, have you ever added crispy bacon to the mix? it's pretty great.
    If you add bacon its not really a "Grilled cheese" anymore. If I add bacon I add tomatoes and lettuce to :P
    You're a towel.

Cover a heavy brick or paving stone in tinfoil, to weight it on top of the sandwitch while cooking in a pan.

Your quality of ingredients will be what makes it amazing, the bread toasted amazing and all that other shit.
    A good Italian circular bakery loaf sliced tends to get you an amazing bread that toasts perfectly for grilled cheese.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2014-04-03 at 03:50 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    I worked in a sandwich shop for a while and I was a big fan or the panini's myself but they was really populer. I just toast bread melt cheese on lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at what the OP linked..I used to have a grilled cheese maker just like that. That type of sandwich maker makes a VERY different grilled cheese sandwich compared to a panini maker or frying pan.