Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] Please help with Iron Juggernaut HC

Hello!

Last night was our first night on Iron Juggernaut HC... I have really been dreading this fight, I'm usually Elemental, but I serve as 3rd healer every now and then. Usually I have no problems with it, but when it comes to high movement fights..... YUCK!

During the first few tries I kept getting killed by Borer Drill, I was getting too distracted by the healing... Towards the end I learnt how to survive, but still my healing is pitiful! I try to always keep a healing rain down, get a few chain heals out when possible and save Riptide for tanks and emergencies. I was using Spirit Link on the first Shock Pulse (stacking ofc) and HTT when we landed. That's where usually we died. We are using the outrange tactic btw.

I have tried rotating through most glyphs, I think I settled with HST and Chaining.

Reading a bit today I found out that we shouldn't stay stacked during ph2 due to Demolisher Cannon, stay spread 6yd and only stack back up before shock pulse. I'll also try to remember to use Spiritwalker's Grace more often in ph1.

Other than that, any suggestions? Gemming, talents, spirit amount, spells, anything! I feel so useless =/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kwick/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=71466

Deleted
    Conductivity, Glyph of Chaining, Glyph of Totemic Recall.
    Stats: Haste BP, Crit, Mastery/Spirit (W/e you prefer)

Drop buffed Healing Rains (x3) at the melee, stand in the rain all the time with melee and cast Chain Heal on cd with filler/s in between. Use spirit link for first pushback to keep everyone topped, drop Healing rain at the ph2 marker, use Healing Tide for second pushback and Ascendance for third. Keep healing with SG when running back to boss. Repeat. Video.
    Last edited by mmoc0e128285d8; 2014-03-31 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele View Post

Drop buffed Healing Rains (x3) at the melee, stand in the rain all the time with melee and cast Chain Heal on cd with filler/s in between. Use spirit link for first pushback to keep everyone topped, drop Healing rain at the ph2 marker, use Healing Tide for second pushback and Ascendance for third. Keep healing with SG when running back to boss. Repeat. Video.
    Thank you, I have watched your video. So you just stand in the borer drills? How do you deal with that? I found that 70% of the time I had to kite the bloody thing cause the few times it caught me I died almost instantly

Deleted
    Healing Rain and Efflorescence at least counter it pretty well. I usually move a bit if I go down to 50% and pop a defensive around 40-30% or when I'm hit by Ricochet. Glyph of Healing Wave helps also.

- - - Updated - - -

Mortar Cannon I just ignore if im at full hp.
    Last edited by mmoc0e128285d8; 2014-03-31 at 04:40 PM.

Telling somebody to face tank avoidable damage is the worst bit of advice I've seen in some time, and telling somebody to take Conductivity on IJ is almost as bad. This fight is made for RS and HST will likely be you're highest % of healing done, yes even higher than HR. Also stacking with the melee is generally a bad idea since you'll be forcing canon blasts and borer drills on the melee while adding more avoidable damage and movement to an already busy fight.

In P1 you want you should position the boss so that the ranged can be standing at range from one of his sides, not behind the boss. This makes it so Borer Drills don't have to travel through the melee to get to their target and will help reduce a lot of the damage the melee are taking. Now you want your range to be loosely stacked, about 5 or so yards apart. I put my HR down in the ranged area so people know where to stay after kiting the Drills. It also helps deal with the DOT and Canon damage that will be focused on the ranged.

While doing this fight put your camera at max distance and aim your field of view towards the top of IJ, where his canon is. You can visibly see it shoot the cannon and all you need is a slight side step to avoid the damage completely. Keep Riptide on the active tank and any people with the DoT. Keep CH on cd with Glyph of Chaining and fill with single target spells at your discretion, I personally use HS but I'm more comfortable controlling my mana than I would think you are.

For P2 its important that you are using all of your raids cds not just yours but this is what I do. HTT a few seconds into p2 to keep everyone topped, SLT the second knock back, Ascendance the third and SWG CH while we run back to the boss.

Deleted
    I eat all the damage I can to keep casting nonstop, you may not be able to play the way I do, but this is how I roll.

There are so many things wrong with that statement. /facepalm

Your guild is going to love you on Siegecrafter and Paragons.

I guess it may work if you have a geared group of people that know what to do, in the video he linked I didn't see any real issues with the healing so I guess they could afford to use that tactic... not sure if it's gonna work for me though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duglawaha View Post
    There are so many things wrong with that statement. /facepalm

Your guild is going to love you on Siegecrafter and Paragons.
    They already do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    I guess it may work if you have a geared group of people that know what to do, in the video he linked I didn't see any real issues with the healing so I guess they could afford to use that tactic... not sure if it's gonna work for me though!
    Well you just move out/kite if you feel like you might die, there's nothing more to it.

it's a rough fight for resto shaman, no question.

if you stand in the drill, you can very easily get globaled. 1 tick of drill + ricochet + laser burn = dead shaman. i don't recommend taking avoidable damage in this fight because the unavoidable damage is way too high. the best way to deal with the drill is to wolf-run directly away from the boss until it stops chasing you. no, you can't heal that way, but it sounds like you're 3-healing so the raid should be ok. not only do you take no damage from the drill, you also don't kite it all over the rest of your raid. if for some reason you can't do that, drop SBT.

definitely glyph CH but keep it on CD! it's your best heal in this fight. much of the time, i can't reach the tank, so glyphed CH also does a lot of my tank healing. and don't save riptide; keep it on cooldown as well (unglyphed of course) for tanks and for CH targets.

i envy the cooldowns you have in your raid.

just before the first pulse/big knockback, use spirit link, rallying cry, and devo aura. use HS to top up anyone who takes last second damage.
    as soon as you land, the 1st druid should tranq. drop HR and CH.
    2-3 seconds before the 2nd pulse, drop HTT. this will heal the raid to full and keep healing after the pulse.
    8-10 seconds before the 3rd pulse, drop HST, HR, use SWG + ascendance and spam CH/HS. this will allow you to keep healing during the knockback
    just after the 3rd pulse, the 2nd druid can SWG/tranq.

you have a second devo aura to pop before the 2nd or 3rd pulse. you also have a feral tranq to mix in any part that's giving you trouble.

once you get this part figured out, you should get your kill fairly quickly.

I find shaman to be pretty strong on this fight o_o

Conductivity would be a no go in my mind, I find the talent too be to reliant on hard casting to ever be useful. The Healing stream talent is much stronger for the spiky damage that tends to happen on IJ. Also don't forget to drop HST on CD! <--- sadly this play is resto shaman 101.

Shaman are also really good during the pulse phase since we have so many CD.

Its usually important to run a CD rotation for the shock pulses, but as a shaman you usually have a CD for all of them.

I usually go:

1) shock pulse 1: I don't use a CD (this is covered by our paladins)
    2) just before shock pulse 2: use HTT
    3) just before shock pulse 3: use Spirit Link Totem
    4) just after shock pulse 3: Ascendance + spirit walkers grace. (this way I can heal a lot while being on the move as we get back into position)

Other pointers are:

1) try and drop Healing stream totem IMMEDIATELY after the first knock back. The fact its a powerful instant cast smart heal can pull people from the brink of death.
    2) if you have a lock use a heath stone on the first knock back as you're flying through the air.
    3) In our group healers stand on the right side of healing rain during the stack phase, tanks in the middle and dps on the left. Just so there's and evenish spread...and something to do with lasers not targeting healers.

I found conductivity to be pretty nice for iron juggernat, especially during progress. I place HR on the ranged group so that everyone who needs healing can run through it while avoiding the borer drills. Even a single tick helps, and the best thing about it is that people can go into the healing rain even when you run away from the borer drills and don't have time to directly heal them. In phase 1 you'll need to use a lot of healing surges, it's nice to have healing rain up for free in addition to it, without wasting much time on casting it.

The problem with rushing streams is that HST is up only for 15 seconds each 30, and in the other 15 seconds it won't be up to help your healing, while with conductivity HR is always there to help.

Conductivity is also nice for the shock pulses phase since you can keep it extended across pulses such that after the shock pulse hits the raid, healing rain is already up and people already have a safe place to run to. Ascendance is also much more effective when healing rain is up, this allows you to cast it more quickly.

Save cooldowns for the stacking phase. With spirit link, ascendance and healing tide, you have a cooldown for each pulse.

A high mastery build is really nice to heal those who are on low hp and save them from death, especially in your raid since you don't have a disc priest and therefore people will get to lower HP values (the lack of a disc priest is another reason I'd recommend against taking avoidable damage from the drills). A high mastery build is also a good match to your elemental main spec, so you can use the same gear without reforging/regemming.

Edit: I'd also switch echo of the elements with ancestral swiftness. Echo has a 6% chance on direct heals, but not on totems and healing rain. While it does have a chance to proc on each jump of chain heal individually, the constant 5% haste from ancestral swiftness is more reliable since it helps all your spells all the time with no rng involved. The extra haste is especially nice since you have low haste currently (since the stats help each other, you generally gain most by upgrading your lowest stat) . And the additional instant cast coupled with GHW or CH can be a lifesaver.
    Last edited by Koor; 2014-04-01 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele View Post

conductivity is bad as soon as you cast one heal it overrides the buffed one, your better off with rushing streams and also with the need to spread out there wont be more than 4-5 in HR max, you can just pop a cd and pop a few heals while standing in borer drill and as long as you avoid ricochet you shouldn't drop below 50%, save all your cooldowns for ph2, rest of the time spam chain heal as much as possible while HR on the most people possible.

Deleted
    Conductivity is just bad for any fight. As said before you gain noting since as soon as you cast to make you HR last longer it snapshots again and you will be casting so much in the process that you are not saving mana anyway.
    HST or AG and HST def for IJ.
    HST is my highest heal on that fight (2 healing).

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    Conductivity is just bad for any fight. As said before you gain noting since as soon as you cast to make you HR last longer it snapshots again and you will be casting so much in the process that you are not saving mana anyway.
    HST or AG and HST def for IJ.
    HST is my highest heal on that fight (2 healing).
    What do you mean by "snapshots again"? The only snapshot is of the unleash elements 30% buff, and it can be active the entire extended time, while without conductivity if we cast HR on cooldown it'll be active only every second healing rain.

As to the mana savings, each time healing rain is extended beyond 10 seconds saves the mana of one healing rain cast. I found each one was up an average of 26 seconds, this cuts down the number of healing rain casts by almost a factor of three.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    What do you mean by "snapshots again"? The only snapshot is of the unleash elements 30% buff, and it can be active the entire extended time, while without conductivity if we cast HR on cooldown it'll be active only every second healing rain.

As to the mana savings, each time healing rain is extended beyond 10 seconds saves the mana of one healing rain cast. I found each one was up an average of 26 seconds, this cuts down the number of healing rain casts by almost a factor of three.
    if you cast UE on HR and if you use conductivity as soon as you extend that HR once the buffed healing will be overwritten and therefor heal 30% less so it overall less effective than casting HR everytime UE is off cd plus mana shouldn't be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

HR for me ticks for upwards of 140k and one time I used conductivity it didn't heal more than 114k. If using conductivity you should just use UE on CH and possibly switch to UF for buffed CH or single target heals when needed as using it on HR will mostly be a waste.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-04-03 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    if you cast UE on HR and if you use conductivity as soon as you extend that HR once the buffed healing will be overwritten and therefor heal 30% less so it overall less effective than casting HR everytime UE is off cd plus mana shouldn't be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

HR for me ticks for upwards of 140k and one time I used conductivity it didn't heal more than 114k. If using conductivity you should just use UE on CH and possibly switch to UF for buffed CH or single target heals when needed as using it on HR will mostly be a waste.
    That's not correct. If you cast UE, HR, then extend it with, say, healing waves, up to 40 seconds, all the ticks will have the 30% buff.

Here is a test which proofs it: I just stood in SW and casted healing rains while at full HP. Each heal is about 25K when it doesn't crit:

This is the healing rain cast:

4/3 19:19:40.333 SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,0 x80000000,73920,"Healing Rain",0x8,0x020000000594AD53,674315,699,42175,0,300000,-8682.03,731.14

And those are the ticks:

25K tick:

4/3 19:19:40.333 SPELL_HEAL,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,73921," Healing Rain",0x8,0x020000000594AD53,679785,699,42175,0,278019,-8682.03,731.14,25133,25133,0,nil

53K tick (this one had a crit):

4/3 19:19:41.663 SPELL_HEAL,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,73921," Healing Rain",0x8,0x020000000594AD53,682299,699,42175,0,284960,-8682.03,731.14,53562,53562,0,1

and so on. If I unleash elements, the normal ticks are now 33K:

This is the UE cast:

4/3 19:20:22.864 SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0 ,73680,"Unleash Elements",0x8,0x020000000594AD53,723859,699,42175,0,300000,-8682.03,731.14

This is the HR cast at 19:20:24:

4/3 19:20:24.897 SPELL_CAST_START,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,0x8 0000000,73920,"Healing Rain",0x8

Here is a 32.7K tick before 10 seconds have passed:

4/3 19:20:26.382 SPELL_HEAL,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,73921," Healing Rain",0x8,0x020000000594AD53,728585,699,42175,0,300000,-8682.03,731.14,32748,32748,0,nil

Now I extend it with healing wave:

4/3 19:20:29.830 SPELL_CAST_START,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,0x8 0000000,331,"Healing Wave",0x8

And the ticks continue to be the same 33K and not 25K even after 10 seconds have passed. The HR started at 19:20:24, here is a tick from 19:20:38, 14 seconds into the healing rain:

4/3 19:20:38.981 SPELL_HEAL,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,0x020000000594AD53,"Koor",0x511,0x0,73921," Healing Rain",0x8,0x020000000594AD53,741746,699,42175,0,296401,-8682.03,731.14,32910,32910,0,nil

There is one bug with conductivity which we need to be careful about, maybe it affected your tests:

If you cast UE and HR and then, if you extend it, and before it completely expires, you re-cast UE and HR again, then the new HR won't get the UE buff. To avoid it we need to make sure the extended HR completely expires before we cast the new HR, then the bug won't affect it and the new HR will have the UE buff too, so that way it's possible to have buffed HR all the time.
    Last edited by Koor; 2014-04-03 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Hello there! I have to admit i haven't read all the tips in this thread but i thought i could share a kill video from yesterday so you might be able to get a grip on how to do it
    Here is the video: twitch*tv/glaedz/c/4003965
    Here is my shammy: eu*battle*net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Drglaed/advanced (Not allowed to post links yet so replace "*" with ".")

And i would suggest going with these talents and glyphs: eu*battle*net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Wb!110101!TQp but maybe change glyph of riptide for glyph of spiritwalker but too sure about that.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask as i gotta go to bed now and don't really have time to write a better response.

I switch to resto for this fight, and my resto gear is a bit dodgy (565ish with probably half of it being my ele gear) but I do ok.

I take rushing streams and drop HST on cd. Glyph of riptide and try to keep that up on as many people as I can. Dump healing rain on the melee. Chain heal in between.

For the push back phase we all stack once the oil has gone out in a healing rain etc to try to top people off prior to getting knocked back. Then throughout that phase it's about people avoiding what they can and rotating major cds which is when I'm using healing tide, spirit link and ascendance/spirit walkers grace at the end as we run back to the boss. Then just repeat the first phase again.

Looking at your armory it looks like you've got echo of the elements. Not sure I'd bother with that. I use ancestral swiftness and use an instant cast on a healing rain on the first pushback. I'm not a full time healer so take all this with a grain of salt I guess, it works for me. When we were doing H IJ first our big issue was surviving the pushbacks, once we rotated raid cds and held back on big burst heals for those pushbacks and go back to the first phase without deaths we were fine.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaedz View Post
    Hello there! I have to admit i haven't read all the tips in this thread but i thought i could share a kill video from yesterday so you might be able to get a grip on how to do it
    Here is the video: twitch*tv/glaedz/c/4003965
    Here is my shammy: eu*battle*net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Drglaed/advanced (Not allowed to post links yet so replace "*" with ".")

And i would suggest going with these talents and glyphs: eu*battle*net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Wb!110101!TQp but maybe change glyph of riptide for glyph of spiritwalker but too sure about that.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask as i gotta go to bed now and don't really have time to write a better response.
    That's pretty much what I did. But uh, I really think that Glyph of Healing Stream Totem is amazing here. Pretty much everything is Fire and Nature damage, and the passive 10% reduction up on people would be really helpful.

To be honest, I'm freaking out on that fight enough to where I don't really even use Totemic Recall (yeah that's bad, but honest).

I did a couple kills with Glyph of Riptide and I can't tell which one I like more. I think I just need more haste (33%~) so I can get the extra tick on HST and it'll buff your healing like crazy on that fight.