Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    IM agree with u but already sometimes its maked me alive from a 100% dead Situation ! im doing alot of things with alter time not only useing as a Dps CD..
    anyway im agree with u Stupid shamansdoing BL when im useing Alter time

A 1.5 min cooldown that can take you from 5% to 100%? 90 sec CD reduce is not an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I think everyone should just understand that AT is a tool. And all tools in general have capacity to help you if you use them correctly and with all safety precautions in place or hurt you / damage goods if you don't follow instructions and / or common sense. And that is great, as it creates real fabric of gain and risk, and isn't just another generic 'press X to recieve 20% additional damage for next Y seconds'

Deleted
    I do not see that working for me. Heh.

I HATE this spell. Seriously... it is so dumb. It should not be a dps cd but a survival cd. I hate being forced to use it. It's just a pain in the ass. Same with the 90 talents.

I want it to stay but I want the dps increase part of it GONE.

Homophobia is so gay.

alter time is a wonderful cooldown, and i hope it is not changed one bit in WoD

theres no RNG involved, its always a dps gain, and a MASSIVE one at that, if you ever lose dps from it youre doing it wrong

i used to die to it in tier 14 but i haave had maybe like 2 alter time deaths this entire tier which consisted of probably 1500 wipes so it can easily be played around, i would say it saved me from dying over 100 times though

the amount of burst atler time gives us is absolutely insane, changing the ability would put us pretty far behind other classes in dps

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I HATE this spell. Seriously... it is so dumb. It should not be a dps cd but a survival cd. I hate being forced to use it. It's just a pain in the ass. Same with the 90 talents.

I want it to stay but I want the dps increase part of it GONE.
    Stop being shit then, it's easy.

Infracted for Flaming.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2014-03-19 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    Stop being shit then, it's easy.

Infracted for Flaming.
    Mmh, I fail to see why "i'm being shit" when I say that I hate this spell :/
    Never said it was hard to use, just annoying.

But keep going <3

Homophobia is so gay.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hasted - Korgath http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hasted/simple

AT is clunky at the moment. It has a lot of potential for being interesting, but as long at its coupled with damage potential we will rarely ever be able to effectively use the majority of its functionality. Would be an interesting choice for the Health/Placement restoration in the same tier as GInvis or Cauterize, or maybe our movement tier.

Would be nice to see a lot of the bugs related to it fixed though. It can make for some really strange scenarios.

Malfanira vek'nilash, sign to fix it

Signed. Axeltvå - Auchindoun (EU)

So,

Going along with our goals to reduce cooldown stacking across all of the classes, we decided to remove Alter Time's DPS contribution. Alter Time has a number of clever movement and utility uses, but in practice it was mostly being used for additional uptime of offensive cooldowns. Mages also had many redundant forms of survival utility, so we moved a utility-only version of Alter Time into the Talent tree, replacing Temporal Shield.

Temporal Shield has been removed.
    Alter Time is now a level-30 Talent, replacing Temporal Shield.
    Alter Time now lasts for 15 seconds (up from 6 seconds), has a 90 second cooldown (down from 3 minutes), and no longer affects the casting Mage’s mana, buffs, or debuffs.
    Are you happy with the new AT ? I am really dissapointed and tbh expected some tweaks to fix the "clunky" parts about this spell and not fuck up the fun purpose of it.. AT added a lot of depth in my opinion and our opener was really fun. In the end a correctly used AT rewarded you greatly dps-wise in comparison with a not so well used.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Rhov - this change actually accomplished exactly what you wrote - removes the clunky part of the spell and leaves only the most fun part. Having something in a macro is not fun gameplay. Using something when it is most required is smart and fun.
    My magic will tear you apart.

They did pretty much what I was expecting them to do with it. Not sure how I feel about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    RIP

/10char
    More like RIP Temporal Shield. AT change was expected. But do keep the discussion to 1 thread. So gogo

So we are 'LOSING' Mirror Image AND Alter Time?

That is bullpucks. They are taking away two unique, baseline abilities that previous expansion gave to us, that have allowed us to solo things that we might not have been able to previously, and making them 'optional'.

Yay! Way to further reduce my class.

Please please PLEASE do not save Alter Time.

I wish I could use Alter Time to go back to when they invented it and stop it having a DPS component in the first place. Together with the level 90 talents it made playing my Fire Mage a huge pain in the ass back in early MoP.

Makes so much more sense as a defensive talent, replacing the redundant temporal shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    So we are 'LOSING' Mirror Image AND Alter Time?
    Becoming talents.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-04-04 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If anything, Alter Time is MORE effective for soloing than it once was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Makes so much more sense as a defensive talent, replacing the redundant temporal shield.
    How is the best talent of the row "redundant"?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.