My idea of how blizzard an fix Afflition Snap Shot issues

I was wondering if it is possible to add a mechanic similar to how nightfall pros ( where it only affects the last target ) for affliction, where the last target dotted ( through the use of SB:SS only ) will function through the snapshot dotting mechanic and other targets dotted will operate dynamically.

this allows us to maintain our single target snapshots without having insane multi dotting on AOE/Cleave fights, this also makes affliction more fun and less simple than what we are noticing from their Alpha patch notes.

This may seem complex but I think it is a very simple fix...

Ps: The reason why I believe that SB:SS dots should only be snapshot is because we an manually redot the other mobs in a cleave fight without transferring the snapshot target unto an undesired mob or undesired time.
    thank you, your opinions please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    I was wondering if it is possible to add a mechanic similar to how nightfall pros ( where it only affects the last target ) for affliction, where the last target dotted ( through the use of SB:SS only ) will function through the snapshot dotting mechanic and other targets dotted will operate dynamically.

this allows us to maintain our single target snapshots without having insane multi dotting on AOE/Cleave fights, this also makes affliction more fun and less simple than what we are noticing from their Alpha patch notes.

This may seem complex but I think it is a very simple fix...

Ps: The reason why I believe that SB:SS dots should only be snapshot is because we an manually redot the other mobs in a cleave fight without transferring the snapshot target unto an undesired mob or undesired time.
    thank you, your opinions please.
    Snapshotting is removed from every thing in WoD, problem solved :P

Deleted
    Can we just accept that it's gone.

Snapshot it's gone, like 10H and Meta-CD.

Deal with it and let's looking forward.

The best way to assure that affliction not going to suck it's make dots pretty great hitting hard AND haunt management be something important like our own soul.

Btw, removing Drain soul will hurts us pretty bad, removing or capacity to replenished some shards with adds and stuff gonna hurt.
    Only more 5% on Nightfall it's nothing compared to it but on Single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Snapshot it's gone, like 10H and Meta-CD.

Deal with it and let's looking forward.

The best way to assure that affliction not going to suck it's make dots pretty great hitting hard AND haunt management be something important like our own soul.

Btw, removing Drain soul will hurts us pretty bad, removing or capacity to replenished some shards with adds and stuff gonna hurt.
    Only more 5% on Nightfall it's nothing compared to it but on Single target.
    wont MG just take drain souls place under 20% patch notes said MG will do the same thing as drin soul does now when target is under 20% so it would only seem logical that it would also give shards as well

Quote Originally Posted by HeaddsDead View Post
    wont MG just take drain souls place under 20% patch notes said MG will do the same thing as drin soul does now when target is under 20% so it would only seem logical that it would also give shards as well

They do same dmg but not necessary same thing.
    Btw, they should remove Malefic Grasp and keep Drain Soul.

Animation and spell name much cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeaddsDead View Post
    If it doesn't say it, you can't assume it. You won't get the shards on a kill, you won't generate extra sub20% so you won't get that 100% Haunt up time. You just won't notice the execute beyond bigger numbers. Kinda defeats the object of even having an execute if its completely passive, isn't the idea to give you a sense of impending victory?

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    They do same dmg but not necessary same thing.
    Btw, they should remove Malefic Grasp and keep Drain Soul.

Animation and spell name much cooler.
    They should swap the MG animation with Drain soul. On the subject of dot snapshot that leaves pandemic in kind of an odd place with exception to maybe pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    They should swap the MG animation with Drain soul. On the subject of dot snapshot that leaves pandemic in kind of an odd place with exception to maybe pvp?
    just gives us more time that we dont need to reapply dots, and makes it so that refreshing them while moving ( instead of using KJC ) wont be a dps loss.

What the hell do people have against MG? Shadow Bolt/Drain Life are terrible alternatives. MG makes you feel like you are doing something with your DoTs at least.

While I don't agree with removing Drain Soul completely, it could be turned into a CD(still an execute spell), 10-15 second CD with more frequent ticks and more Soul Shards(avg. 2 per cast).