Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nothing about snapshot changes
    I mean that snapshots can remain in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by hullaballoonatic View Post
    I feel like that idea jives quite a bit with Blizzard's obsession with depth. I have faith in blizzard's ability to balance the game around a relatively wide spectrum of damage dealt from dps specs given that the difference between beginner dps and expert dps would be a rather large gap.
    I hope they won't look to this thread with some retarded ides...

Rather disappointing set of changes. I would have rather seen more abilities pruned, and not lost DoC along with the likely snapshot removal. Level 100 talents still suck. We didn't get nature's swiftness back despite it not affecting cyclone for all druids. Ravage still needs to be used from behind. Not even sure what they intend to do with pounce. Ferocious Bite and Berserk still seem to be rather lackluster. We still have 3 damage mitigation cooldowns, when especially with the SI change, even though losing Symbiosis, we could do without either Might of Ursoc or barkskin. Abandoning Combo Points to just make them like Holy Power or Rage or Chi is also disappointing.

The only things I really like are the level 90 changes to pure utility, the shred change, and that's about all.

I predicted quite a few things, though.
    Last edited by hullaballoonatic; 2014-04-04 at 03:30 PM.

I predicted quite a few things, though.
    To be fair, it's hard not to when you come up with 100 different ideas! Lol.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

w-well, some of them were a bit controversial... like the level 90 talents changes, a-and some were a bit out of left field, like the primal fury thing, b-but.... oh, who am I kidding, you're right.

Important clarification. It seems our comb points will not be attached to us, but will shift from target to target as we change.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/452135276475711488
    Not sure why this is unless they want to avoid having to make combo points expire like Chi/HP does. It will force us to pay attention and not be targeting a mob that is about to die, or we will only be able to use the combo points for SR. It doesn't feel like that would encourage good game play.

@Tinderhoof
    Are not dead npcs still have remained combo points on them? I dont remember
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-04-04 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    @Tinderhoof
    Are not dead npcs still have remained combo points on them? I dont remember
    They do, but if a target dies that has your combo points stored on them and you switch to a new alive target, the combo points won't transfer to your new target. Thus why you would have to be forced to use them on SR...or just lose them and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    They do, but if a target dies that has your combo points stored on them and you switch to a new alive target, the combo points won't transfer to your new target. Thus why you would have to be forced to use them on SR...or just lose them and start over.
    So this will be worse than Rogues since they get to keep their CP on themselves. I hope we get the rogue treatment if theirs is remaining unchanged since previous announcement.

Lots of summoned adds (lots of boss adds) that don't leave corpses lose their combo points as soon as they die. It has been happening since cata when we were able to use SR for combo points on dead targets. That is what I am getting at. You either have to swap off the target early or use SR right before they die. Encourages Ferals to leave early or risk losing the points.

- - - Updated - - -

And just as quick, combo points being on the target are just a Visual thing, not functionally different then Chi. Nothing to see here folks.
    https://twitter.com/Tinderhoof/status/452153200947101696

Also downside of 'holy power': indirect nerf to ST dps.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Also downside of 'holy power': indirect nerf to ST dps.
    Same thing could be said about any buff that isn't made with the sole intent of increasing our DPS. Not something to worry about.

Yeah, sten was talking to me awhile back on the topic of my rage idea, and pointed out that having a third resource (energy, mana, and then rage) on the player frame would be extra clutter. The same would be the case for cps.

Yeah, sten was talking to me awhile back on the topic of my rage idea, and pointed out that having a third resource (energy, mana, and then rage) on the player frame would be extra clutter. The same would be the case for cps.
    Does mana still show when shapeshifted? I haven't used the base UI in ages. I really loved the idea of using energy and rage at the same time, could have led to an interesting playstyle.

The default UI won't show your mana while shapshifted. However it is exposed in the back end and there are lots of addon's that will let you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    I really loved the idea of using energy and rage at the same time, could have led to an interesting playstyle.
    Fret not, because CPs on the player is basically just rage.

Fret not, because CPs on the player is basically just rage.
    Yeah, but the idea of 10 rage=1CP and being able to hold double the combo points would be cool. Its not a big deal but it would help differentiate us from rogues and the general combo point feel all the classes have been getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinderhoof View Post
    The default UI won't show your mana while shapshifted. However it is exposed in the back end and there are lots of addon's that will let you see it.
    No need for addons really, there's been an option to keep your mana bar visible while shifted, right under your respective spec bar. Guess I have nothing else to say really.

Let me know when combo points can be used 2-3 at a time and keep 2 in reserve since it's like chi now.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2014-04-05 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinderhoof View Post
    Important clarification. It seems our comb points will not be attached to us, but will shift from target to target as we change.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/452135276475711488
    Not sure why this is unless they want to avoid having to make combo points expire like Chi/HP does. It will force us to pay attention and not be targeting a mob that is about to die, or we will only be able to use the combo points for SR. It doesn't feel like that would encourage good game play.
    I don't think Lore worded that tweet as well as he could have. Since Celestalon tweeted that combo points for Feral are on the player just like Rogues.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...94411544936448

You must've missed Tinder's post where he said it was Lore's mistake and then linked the clarification.