Thread: Capping 50 90s!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Very suspicious because a lot of characters have full 496, but vendor bought rings? This implies that he didn't get enough 496 rings to feed all of these characters, tossed the boosted gear rings, and bought cheap vendor ones. One character is even missing gear in slot entirely (not even a quested trinket to put in?)

Why would you wait until all the characters had 496 before announcing this? Wouldn't there be a few floating around in full quest only rewards? There's a ton of other suspicious things, armory avatars, equipped gear ilvl errors, etc.

I'd believe this is he had included a screenshot with his account transaction history, with some way proving it's his account (but without showing sensitive information of course)

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That's pretty sad then. There's more to life than WoW, and the sooner people realise that the easier it will be when they eventually pull the plug.

Don't be that person that wakes up in 10 years time and thinks "shit, i've missed out on so much".
    People don't need to be doing something every minute of everyday that has a necessary use. Hell most adults I know that have always told me to do something better with my time at night than play Videogames, get home from work by themselves or with their partner and just sit on the couch and watch tv, eat dinner, watch a bit more tv then go to bed. That is pretty much what MOST people do during the week, people generally do stuff on the Weekends.

I have a few mates who are in relationships with long term partners who will play WoW with eachother at night to wind down from work, but are the biggest party animals on weekends when they have time to recover.

They both have around 20-25ish characters each across multiple servers, some even with leg capes, yet work full time and have a massive social life on weekends.

People that feel the need to say people are wasting their time/lives or its "sad" just because they think they are so different from everyone else and only their way of life matters, are generally the sad pathetic people.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I see now use in having 50 lvl 90 at all.. but gratz, I guess xD

Why do people say congratulations? I just think it's sad that someone would spend so much on something so pointless. I can't imagine how leveling 50 characters to 90 can be fun.

You are not a man, you are a machine.

Grats on the commitment to the OP. Dat pandaria grind.

I've been crazy enough to consider leveling 50+ 90's (or less so room for new a new class/classes) but just can't talk myself into it... I currently have 6 90's, only two of which are relatively decently geared (meaning all the ilvl 535 timeless gear they can get, plus tier legs and gloves from celestials). I'm also leveling another DK (sitting at 3/4's of a level to 88). I also still have 3 85's from cata to level, and an 81 rogue. And this is while working two jobs with a "life". I just can't stand any more questing in Pandaria, so I've resorted to rare hunting and open world elite grinding. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by thabris View Post
    Very suspicious because a lot of characters have full 496, but vendor bought rings? This implies that he didn't get enough 496 rings to feed all of these characters, tossed the boosted gear rings, and bought cheap vendor ones. One character is even missing gear in slot entirely (not even a quested trinket to put in?)

Why would you wait until all the characters had 496 before announcing this? Wouldn't there be a few floating around in full quest only rewards? There's a ton of other suspicious things, armory avatars, equipped gear ilvl errors, etc.

I'd believe this is he had included a screenshot with his account transaction history, with some way proving it's his account (but without showing sensitive information of course)
    I'll answer this, cause, well, I dont see any point in being second guessed..

The way I did this was that everytime I leveled one character to 90, I took it to the isle, got all the chests, and sent all the gear back to one bank char.
    I did not get enough rings / necks for each char, so I sent some out to the characters that I might want to try and gear at some point, and kept the rest on my bank for if I change my mind about other chars at some point.

As for the empty trinket(s) slots (dont know if ther's more than one char that has that tbh), that's because I've been using the archeaology trinket, on some chars when I could be bothered sending it around. Then when I've gotten to 90, I've used the isle trinket, replaced it with the 450 / quest trinket i've had, and sold it. Meaning the char would have the arch trinket & the isle trinket. Then later on, I've send the arch trinket to another char, meaning I'd have no replacement for it, making the slot empty, without a reason to fill it with anything, if I aint gonna play the char anyway.

As for armory avatars and ilvl bugs, I have no idea what you mean, and I'd love for you to clarify...

However for anyone who thinks that I bought these chars, you can follow the link in my signature to my blog, and you'll find screenshots of half the chars from 60-90, and the other half of my chars simply has the level 90 achievement from way before the purchase was even available
    Last edited by elfox; 2014-04-06 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats man! That is crazy, I get so burnt out after rushing through one x)

This is a testament to how easy the game has become.

Damn that must have been expensive!

Deleted
    I don´t see a reason for having many multiple characters of the same class maxed out at 90. Anyhow, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Leveling was never hard. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    you are fucking insane. you should have the title <fucking insane>.
    Haha, totally agree Well done OP, great effort. I have 3x90's.... and I am bad at leveling fast.

Well done for finding something to do in game rather than wine and complain!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling itself is not hard, but the ability to tolerate repetitiveness, can be hard (depending on your personality). I love leveling, but I would need a few months between leveling characters I think or it would bore me. Actually hmmm it has been a while - maybe time to level that warlock...

I could level them up easily in Cata even... but in MoP, leveling is an exercise in masochism, I admire your determination lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling in Vanilla is much more challenging (can't faceroll entire camps of MOBS). Also it takes much longer. Which makes reaching the level cap so much sweeter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I have been working on this. I just finished my 50th on the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    The fact that you have 5 90's shows that you sacrifice something from those friends and family. What you said is just a REALLY backhanded compliment. It would be the same as me saying "Grats on the 5 90's it is very impressive but don't forget that your child's hockey games are more important to be at than capping a toon"....I said grats, but I also called you out on neglecting your kids, see how it's pretty fucked up?

Leveling takes very little time compared to gearing up characters as well. Someone who's got 1 or multiple heroic geared characters (like myself, I spend LOTS of time playing this game) probably spends as much or more time than this person leveling. Having 50 max level toons does not mean the person has no life, it means they use their free time in wow leveling characters.
    Lifes also just a Game and success means nothing in the End

- - - Updated - - -

Why would anyone be jealous of someone with 50 90's? lol

What the guy said is right, the time it's took to get these characters to 90 and moderately geared, he could have achieved something useful instead.
    the time you spend posting 3,470 posts you could have achieved something useful instead

I dont understand why People even care what others do with their time

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty sad then. There's more to life than WoW, and the sooner people realise that the easier it will be when they eventually pull the plug.

Don't be that person that wakes up in 10 years time and thinks "shit, i've missed out on so much".
    again... not your life not your time stop telling others what to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I have a family, a job, friends to meet. No time to cap more than 5. Gz for doing this but don't forget that WoW is just a game and success in that does not mean a thing except that you play a lot.
    These comments just make zero sense, it's all about how you use your time. Whereas you probably spend your time failing in LFR, he spent his leveling characters.

Deleted
    Tbh, I think the people emphasizing they have a life outside wow have some sort of insecurity and try to tell themselves they have everything going well. Everyone has their hobbies. Some collect stamps and coins, others play sports and some play games.

OT: Getting 50 level 90s is pretty impressive! I see you have some characters on anachronos as well, but I bet you don't spend much time here, haha. Speaking of leveling, I should get to leveling some of mine chars as well, you might have just given me the motivation to do so. Cross-realm mailing helps a lot with this, since I have 11 90s on Anachronos and wanted to level some alts on other servers, but doing so without heirlooms is just a pain.

I have 19, I don't want the ones I have half the time