Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is another one of those typical construed topics that materialize out of nothing for nothing. That's a recurring phenomenon. Some people start harping on about some stupid thing and all of a sudden you can watch more and more folks jumping on the bandwagon. The whole flying thing was another example of that.

Suddenly there's all these people who're having this super-strong opinion on it and acting as if they were preaching it since day one, altough noone is able to explain where they were hiding for all those years. Then comes the point of overstaturation and you can expect another artificial controversy coming around the corner a few weeks from there.

And I gotta say, this latest edition must be one of the phoniest, most awkward, ridiculous ones yet. The hunchiness of Orcs, come on.

i think the current old orc models are just fine with the hunch, maybe with these new ones it got a bit too big

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    This is another one of those typical construed topics that materialize out of nothing for nothing. That's a recurring phenomenon. Some people start harping on about some stupid thing and all of a sudden you can watch more and more folks jumping on the bandwagon. The whole flying thing was another example of that.

Suddenly there's all these people who're having this super-strong opinion on it and acting as if they were preaching it since day one, altough noone is able to explain where they were hiding for all those years. Then comes the point of overstaturation and you can expect another artificial controversy coming around the corner a few weeks from there.

And I gotta say, this latest edition must be one of the phoniest, most awkward, ridiculous ones yet. The hunchiness of Orcs, come on.
    ...What the hell are you even talking about? I honestly don't understand your point here. Some people just get annoyed that orcs never hunched until WoW, and every piece of official artwork shows them either standing up straight, or in their typical combat stance.

It's as simple as that. Really. It's just annoying to see orcs stand up straight in cutscenes and in artwork and then be forced to hunch over. It also causes horrible clipping problems that would be fixed if we could stand up straight.

So I have no idea what you're going on about, but I think you're over complicating things. We just want to look like we've always been portrayed to look, and we want to be able to see our chest pieces and for fundamental clipping problems to be fixed. We want to at least have the OPTION.
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2014-04-06 at 05:41 PM.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

the ones on the sides

Deleted
    I vote yes.
    Chest and tabard looks awful with this crooked back. It doesnt suit a proud war hero to look this awkward.
    I will still be playing orc whatever way it goes, but i acknowledge this abnormality and I hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikrsson View Post
    I'd like to point out that you(people pro hunched orcs) are the minority.
    Because you say so? You have nothing to back that up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    ...What the hell are you even talking about? I honestly don't understand your point here. Some people just get annoyed that orcs never hunched until WoW, and every piece of official artwork shows them either standing up straight, or in their typical combat stance.

It's as simple as that. Really. It's just annoying to see orcs stand up straight in cutscenes and in artwork and then be forced to hunch over. It also causes horrible clipping problems that would be fixed if we could stand up straight.

So I have no idea what you're going on about, but I think you're over complicating things. We just want to look like we've always been portrayed to look, and we want to be able to see our chest pieces and for fundamental clipping problems to be fixed. We want to at least have the OPTION.
    Overcomplicating?

I'll explain it in more simple terms.

Herpderp over nothing because can't go without herpderp. Oh lookey, herpderp, I wanna herpderp too. Presto!

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Would someone already ban this "poster", this is his 4th or 5th post blaming the Alliance for Blizzard not fulfilling his personal wishes. If this isn't trolling, I don't know what is...

By the way, my main is an Orc, and I like the way they are now, thank you very much.
    just ignore him, he doesnt have anything wise to say...
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Overcomplicating?

Herpderp over nothing because can't go without herpderp. Oh lookey, herpderp, I wanna herpderp too. Presto!
    If you're not going to contribute to the discussion, why waste energy coming here in the first place?
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Hunch shouldn't be removed but it should be... slightly reduced. New orc models look better but they also look even more hunched...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Where the fuck have you been? This is a common discussion going back to beta. Perhaps you don't give a flying fuck about Warcraft or the game art, but a lot of people do. Why don't you simply agree to disagree instead of showing us all what a high opinion you have of yourself and your opinions while you tell us what's not important to care about and accuse of being ingenuine on top of it in your privileged insightful observations? What gives you this need to dismiss people with such flippant condemnation?

Maybe you just need to do this to others and your life requires you assert yourself somewhere. Maybe we've helped you feel righteous. I guess if you want to dehumanize me in my quest to feel like an orc, so be it.

I can hear heavy metal guitar solos wailing in the distance with the moaning of hot women and babes while the American flag ripples in the wind like thunder and football players and baseball players and our nations troops echo in your words, making the worthy proud. Wholesome families and people with lives unite to dance and honor our forefathers.

Our work is done.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

they need add "hunch" slider to graphic options
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Overcomplicating?

And he takes his awesome and important time to tell us these things everyone. I wish I had more than passive aggression to honor it with.
    A 21 gun salute? One day I'll leave my basement, touch a lady, and forget what an orc ever was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    except he is also a part of a modeling process
    Yeah, which is quite possibly why they made not one but two brand new model updates for Thrall in one expansion finally making more than a model but giving him a brand new skeleton, because it just looked so fucking bad the way it distorted his entire personality and demeanor.

And he's acknowledged a desire to see this changed as a choice, but if you want to ignore that and dismiss it as empty appeasement in the name of PR if you want, rock on. But the team is STUCK working with the limited budget of player skeletons they have and constantly are trying to work with what they have while getting what they can get approved by the chain of command. Every skeleton requires memory on your hard drive, and people want to play this game on their calculators.

He's not the one who get's to decide when they can go all out and make a brand new skeleton and animation set from scratch. He has to constantly have his visions confined by the limitations of their system.

It's been great at least seeing some of the artists able to do the orc posture they want to do when free to work without those limitations in pre rendered cutscenes and ALL of their concept art drawn by hand, which then has to be shackled to the original player model skeleton kept int he basement with the deformed step sister.

Funny how all of the people involved in the art team conceptualizing orcs, don't illustrate them with this hunch. But yet you act like their complacency in using the hunch means they must just forget about it when free to create what they think looks good. It's just hunch amnesia that leave us with every art book for every Collector's Edition without hunched over orcs, well beyond Gul'dan.

You could find a cure for every cancer and there will be people out there complaining about it.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't equated by some of them as some arbitrary personal choice, as if we want trolls and tauren altered from their classic depictions, and while generalizing is bad and some of the people here hate all hunches on every race, there are plenty of people who make a distinction and recognize it that are ignored. This isn't on par with giving worgen tails, or tauren handsome figures and jaws, or giving trolls access to whatever tribe we want. It's just the orcs we see advertised and alive in the game's media.

It's getting too soapy in here.

It's time to drink a toast to the so called wishlist. Aloha.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Why don't you simply agree to disagree instead of showing us all what a high opinion you have of yourself and your opinions while you tell us what's not important to care about and accuse of being ingenuine on top of it in your privileged insightful observations? What gives you this need to dismiss people with such flippant condemnation?

Maybe you just need to do this to others and your life requires you assert yourself somewhere. Maybe we've helped you feel righteous. I guess if you want to dehumanize me in my quest to feel like an orc, so be it.
    What's wrong with you anyway? This is really getting to you emotionally, it seems. Sorry to have trampled over your obviously already battered self-esteem, up there on my imaginary high horse.

Didn't mean to break your heart and cast you into eternal torment via internet, Mr. Melodramatic. I just pointed out something I observed. You're weird, you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    For better or worse, the hunch isn't going anywhere because blizz doesn't want to 'change' the player models, just 'update' them, so like it or not orcs are stuck with them forever.
    So this is just meaningless fluff for PR and to appease us and make us shut up?

There's no reason to rule this out beyond "dance studio" fallacy. The majority of their animations are already STANDING UP LIKE THEY SHOULD BE. It's just when you hold still and go idle they turn into Reimfield from Dracula or cave men gorillas who can't even make fire.

RE: Player Orcs need straight-backed posture

Hey guys, nice to see that this topic hasn't died out yet, Me and a bunch other people at the EU forums have been trying to raise a ruckus so that we can actually get the devs involved in this discussion with us
    This topic has the links to the first post of the series if you guys aren interested: eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8715042791

Also, I made a reddit post earlier today as a way of getting more exposition on the matter. The more noise we can get the merrier. I will keep an eye on all three fronts and discuss to the best of my abilities.

Reddit post: redd.it/22czga

+1 For hunchless male Orcs!

Deleted
    I think the Orc's new model looks perfectly fine.

What's wrong with you anyway? This is really getting to you emotionally, it seems. Sorry to have trampled over your obviously already battered self-esteem, up there on my imaginary high horse.

Didn't mean to break your heart and cast you into eternal torment via internet, Mr. Melodramatic. I just pointed out something I observed. You're weird, you know that?
    How dare people talk about things that I don't personally care about!!!! It makes me so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're selfish, but it's comforting to know Blizzard disagrees with you, even if they can't dedicated the resources to offering an option.
    Your decree suggest you've got quite a high opinion of your opinions. That confidence must feel empowering, I'm plagued by self doubt and a desire for accuracy however which denies me that satisfaction. Critical thinking can sure make life rough, darnit. And orc backs are serious fucking business, ask the Pentagon.
    doesnt that technically make you selfish, as you are saying the option you want is the right option?

Quote Originally Posted by delicousaids View Post
    How dare people talk about things that I don't personally care about!!!! It makes me so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I guess you're talking about yourself, right?

Yup, must be.