Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    Ok, well pretend I'm just starting progression. I'm Ilvl 495 and wondering what's up. Haste or mastery?
    At that level, I used haste. Made the rotation un-clunkier, IMO. But then again, I've always been a huge haste fan

The real answer is to sim yourself for both hectic add cleave and patchwerk and plot out 2-5k haste vs mastery. Once you have both you can see the sweet spot for your personal needs. I've found you never really get away from adding more haste, you just are adding haste and mastery together and keeping pace.

@Anzen

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, so far it seems as though the lightning bolt on opener is superfluous. My opener has been Prepot - FET - UF(0) - FS - LB - ASC

Once ASC is over I SLT so the group gets the benefits during Hero. What am I missing by not using Lightning bolt in my opener?
    Last edited by hatchetman240; 2014-03-27 at 02:03 PM.

To answer your question, the LB before combat functions for two reasons

A) Free Damage while you are playing ramp up to your ascendance

B) It gives the chances to establish lightning shield charges. Once you exit ASC you have around (i think) 11-12 seconds to get off a full seven charged Earth Shock to place your 2pc up on the target. Between having to use UE, Lava Surge Procs, and hard casted Lava Bursts, you aren't looking at much time to get a high charged ES off.

Also, don't prepot so far before combat. Your FET updates dynamically to your buffs, so popping it before hand has no benefit. You want to make sure your pot is going off as close to before combat starts as possible. Unfortunately with my tanks, I have to do it before I cast my LB because they aren't consistent in their pulling. Your opener should be as Anzen and the others have pointed out many times in this thread.

FET (@3.5-4 seconds) -> GCD -> LB -> GCD -> Prepot (@1-0 seconds)-> UE -> FS -> LvB -> ASC -> EXIT ASC -> SLT

If anyone tells you to SLT during ASC tell them to jump off the cliff they were born on. bwahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    What am I missing by not using Lightning bolt in my opener?
    lightning bolt also procs the ele 4 set, which has a 1 min ICD. FET stats also update dynamically, so you can pre-pot after dropping it.

With the prepot thing, using the pot after the first lightning bolt is cast locks you out of a second pot during the fight as you're placed in combat as soon as the cast ends. Always use the prepot before your first hard cast spell.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you don't enter combat until your LB actually hits the target (as it has a travel time)....

But yeah, guess your sig has something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Pretty sure you don't enter combat until your LB actually hits the target (as it has a travel time)....

But yeah, guess your sig has something to do with it
    Just a bit. So long as it remains civil anyways. It does place me in combat the instant that the lightning bolt leaves my hands though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

I thought it was for the opener FS>UE>LvB into Asc? But people here saying it should be UE>FS>LvB>Asc?

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    I thought it was for the opener FS>UE>LvB into Asc? But people here saying it should be UE>FS>LvB>Asc?
    UE>FS>LvB>Asc would be more correct.

Using Unleash Elements like that would instantly proc your meta gem, then when you apply Flame Shock (which isn't dynamic), it would benefit from the haste for its duration (more ticks = more potential lava surge procs = more numbahs!). Typically during the fight however, you'd prefer using UE before Lava Burst than Flame Shock since proc'ing the meta isn't so reliable (though you should be able to keep up a meta-Flame Shock for most of the fight regardless).

Deleted
    Opening rotation can depend on the player but for me the opener is raid has to be perfect to start hitting hard.

(This guide is with the talents set up with 'Unleash Fury' and Flame Shock must always be up on target)

On Raid Boss Pull Single Target
    Fire Elemental + Pot (macroed) > Flame Shock > Heroism/Bloodlust > Unleash Fury > Stormlast Totem > Ascendance > Spam Lava Burst

Normal Rotation after Heroism/Bloodlust & Ascendace and other DPS CD's
    Searing Totem > Flame Shock > Unleash Fury > Lava Burst > Lightening Bolt > Lightening Bolt > (The rest depends on what is on CD and what procs)
    Last edited by mmoc7fefc6882f; 2014-04-03 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pampar View Post
    Opening rotation can depend on the player but for me the opener is raid has to be perfect to start hitting hard.

(This guide is with the talents set up with 'Unleash Fury' and Flame Shock must always be up on target)

Fire Elemental + Pot (macroed) > Flame Shock > Heroism/Bloodlust > Unleash Fury > Stormlast Totem > Ascendance > Spam Lava Burst

Fire Totem > Flame Shock > Unleash Fury > Lava Burst > Lightening Bolt > Lightening Bolt > (The rest depends on what is on CD and what procs)
    So, you're missing a precast, a buffed FS with hero and meta procs, and a off-cd lava burst before ascendance. Also , you're wasting a global on stormlash during the UF buff.

And your normal rotation... searing totem is just above lightning bolt, and you didn't include fulmination

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
    So, you're missing a precast, a buffed FS with hero and meta procs, and a off-cd lava burst before ascendance. Also , you're wasting a global on stormlash during the UF buff.

And your normal rotation... searing totem is just above lightning bolt, and you didn't include fulmination
    Elaborate with the single pull.

Yea that was typo Fire totem = Searing Totem, but fulmination I left under 'The rest depends on what is on CD and what procs' i.e Fulmination.

Elaborate with the single pull.

Yea that was typo Fire totem = Searing Totem, but fulmination I left under 'The rest depends on what is on CD and what procs' i.e Fulmination.
    FET>prepot>LB (or EB)>Hero (if you don't have a resto to do it)>UE (procs meta, should be done even without UF)>LvB>FS>Ascendance> LvB spam> stormlash when ascendance is over.

There was some debate about LvB before FS, but I think it requires a certain distance so they both hit at the same time and both benefit from the UE buff. It's in a previous thread somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epistate View Post
    FET (@3.5-4 seconds) -> GCD -> LB -> GCD -> Prepot (@1-0 seconds)-> UE -> FS -> LvB -> ASC -> EXIT ASC -> SLT

If anyone tells you to SLT during ASC tell them to jump off the cliff they were born on. bwahahah.
    This is the correct information.

- - - Updated - - -

Searing Totem > Flame Shock > Unleash Fury > Lava Burst > Lightening Bolt > Lightening Bolt > (The rest depends on what is on CD and what procs)
    Eek! This is wrong.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Can someone help me figure out the use pot after lb cast ends thing?

No matter what I do - be it on target dummy, raid boss, or random mob out in the world - when I hit my prepot after finishing the cast on LB from max range while spamming the potion to ensure it uses the potion immediately as the spell leaves my hands and as such before it hits the boss I'm locked out of repotting in that segment of combat.

It only lets me repot when I use the potion right before the lightning bolt cast. Why is everyone here saying to use it after you finish the cast? -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
    FET>prepot>LB (or EB)>Hero (if you don't have a resto to do it)>UE (procs meta, should be done even without UF)>LvB>FS>Ascendance> LvB spam> stormlash when ascendance is over.

There was some debate about LvB before FS, but I think it requires a certain distance so they both hit at the same time and both benefit from the UE buff. It's in a previous thread somewhere
    Ok with my set up I will try this.

Fire Elemental Totem + Pot > Lightening Bolt > Hero > Unleash Elements > Lava Burst > Flame Shock > Ascendance > Lave Burst *spam > Stormlash Totem *after Ascendance*

Thanks for the feedback Rabb I shall try this!

Ok with my set up I will try this.

Fire Elemental Totem + Pot > Lightening Bolt > Hero > Unleash Elements > Lava Burst > Flame Shock > Ascendance > Lave Burst *spam > Stormlash Totem *after Ascendance*

Thanks for the feedback Rabb I shall try this!
    make sure those warriors drop their crit banners while we still got em!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    Can someone help me figure out the use pot after lb cast ends thing?

No matter what I do - be it on target dummy, raid boss, or random mob out in the world - when I hit my prepot after finishing the cast on LB from max range while spamming the potion to ensure it uses the potion immediately as the spell leaves my hands and as such before it hits the boss I'm locked out of repotting in that segment of combat.

It only lets me repot when I use the potion right before the lightning bolt cast. Why is everyone here saying to use it after you finish the cast? -_-
    You have to use your prepot before your first cast on the boss; be it be Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt, or Unleash Fury/Elements.

Just making sure. With so many people in this thread putting the potion after the precast I thought I had missed something there.

This is the correct UF spec'd opening rotation:

3 seconds pre-pull use fire elemental totem
    about 2 seconds use your potion & cast lighting bolt (adjust for haste/latency)
    1 second Lust

Flame Shock
    Lava Burst
    Storm Lash
    Unleashed Elements
    Lava Surged Lava Burst (if available)
    Ascendance
    Spam Lava Burst

The above is the absolute best opening rotation for UF Ele build.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider a buffed flame shock entire duration (even at 45% haste) vs. a single buffed LvB. Using your UE PRIOR to a flame shock is a joke. Do not listen to anyone telling you to Flameshock after UE, they have no idea what they're talking about.
    Last edited by fearom; 2014-04-08 at 02:16 AM.