Poll: what say you

Thread: Talbuk Rainbow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Butt spikes aren't advantageous and would result in the male talbuk being eviscerated during breeding.

Also, it'd take a hell of a lot longer than 30 years for animals to change.
    When a predator attacks it often claws onto the back-end of the mammal and brings it down. Thus the claws on the hind end would be advantageous in fending off a cat-like predator. Also when a hose mates, it doesn't lay on the other's back, it places his fore-hooves onto the female's back.

So, stop pulling "science" out of your ass, would you kindly

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I often think of porcupines when I think of scary. I don't really define any of these animals as cute, tigers are majestic as fuck, not cute.

Also these are aliens where the humanoids are orcs

/snip
    You forgot platypuses. They're cute, cuddly, and have poisonous barbs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the vicious Talbuk far more. Very suiting to Draenor. It's a world where survival of the fittest was taken to a new max. All the animals seem to have very stone-like armor and spikes. I wonder if they were all crafted from stone or something. The hippos look like they have rocks all over themselves. Did the Titans ever touch Draenor?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yes, I often think of porcupines when I think of scary. I don't really define any of these animals as cute, tigers are majestic as fuck, not cute.

Also these are aliens where the humanoids are orcs
    Old talbuks=cute
    New talbuks=ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Still disgusting! Inb4 they will sell small talbuk toyfigures in blizzard shop and it comes with comb so you can groom it's tail and mane.
    Sigh. I would buy it. Two of 'em. ._.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the talbuks are amazing. They look amazingly tough and rather beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    I like the vicious Talbuk far more. Very suiting to Draenor. It's a world where survival of the fittest was taken to a new max. All the animals seem to have very stone-like armor and spikes. I wonder if they were all crafted from stone or something. The hippos look like they have rocks all over themselves. Did the Titans ever touch Draenor?
    yes the titans formed draenor.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes the titans formed draenor.
    Well maybe the curse of flesh only half cursed everyone on Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butt spikes aren't advantageous and would result in the male talbuk being eviscerated during breeding.

Why would it take more then 30 years for animals to change in what would be a highly amorphous and mutating enviroment? Outlands essentially got blasted into the Twisting Nether, full of wild mana everywhere, and mana causes extreme mutations in lifeforms when exposed to it for just a few generation.

Also, when it comes down to it, there is almost NO evolution in WoW. Tons of Creationism and mutations, but almost no evolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Why would it take more then 30 years for animals to change in what would be a highly amorphous and mutating enviroment? Outlands essentially got blasted into the Twisting Nether, full of wild mana everywhere, and mana causes extreme mutations in lifeforms when exposed to it for just a few generation.

Also, when it comes down to it, there is almost NO evolution in WoW. Tons of Creationism and mutations, but almost no evolutions.
    Because Nagrand was virtually unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Well maybe the curse of flesh only half cursed everyone on Draenor.
    the curse of the flesh was a disease created by the old gods. we dont know if there were any old gods on draenor before bc
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    If these Talbuks and Hippos aren't tameable, I will be a very sad Hunter. That Red Talbuk is calling my name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    If these Talbuks and Hippos aren't tameable, I will be a very sad Hunter. That Red Talbuk is calling my name.
    Maaan, I need one of those hippos, they're awfully cute.

Those talbuks are mighty fine. Cute and vicious. But unusable as mounts because spikes on butt.

One of the first things a large predator has access to on a fleeing antelope is the rump. Put spikes on that and you're making killing the thing very complicated for another animal. As for mating, either that is not, in fact, where the genitals on an alien antelope go, or these are male talbuks and our current mounts are all females, or the horns are shed at mating season and grow back afterward. They could breed with spores for all we know.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2014-04-07 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the old one to be honest, it's good thats for sure but this one looks like those panthers of Pandaria, they look like stone and not like an animal :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

look at all dat strifeness in the face

look at all dat spikes in da butt.

My little Savage: Friendship is for nerds

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Mutation is part of evolution. If a mutation is proven to be successful at the time it can be added to the gene pool of successful creatures.

Fish being able to breath out of water, for instance, is a mutation.

10+ Year Old Account
    MLP fan goes to hug talbuk, gets impaled on the spikes.
    #boycottchina