Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mobility is so terrible

Is there anything we can do to fix mobility? At the very least paladins have something to prevent them from being slowed. I suppose we have something sort of similar too on a pretty short timer. (This is referring to pvp btw) what else do we have to help with the non stop rooting, slows, and freezes? I guess engineering is the next best thing. What's the ideal shoe enchantment we should use? This post is all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death's Advance, Death Grip, Ice Bound Fortitude, Desecrated Ground.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    Death's Advance, Death Grip, Ice Bound Fortitude, Desecrated Ground.
    Death's Advance is a choice. No one chooses it because it is useless. (Unless you PvE). Asphyxiate is best for PvP as he said he was referring to PvP.

Death Grip is Anti - Mobility. Not mobility.

Icebound Fortitude is a defensive. On a three minute CD which reduces damage by 20%. That's amazing. -Doesn't help with slows like he mentioned.

Desecrated Ground is good, but it has nothing to do with mobility. -Doesn't help with slows like he mentioned.

What would you know though? You haven't broken 1550. Don't talk if you don't know anything about PvP.
    Death Knight's don't need mobility though. They need defensives.
    Last edited by Saulork; 2014-04-07 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Well since casters must stop to cast in wod it will be better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Saulork View Post
    That may be true in PvP, but far from true in PvE.
    We have need for both those points in PvE, where mobility is our biggest issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    That may be true in PvP, but far from true in PvE.
    We have need for both those points in PvE, where mobility is our biggest issue.
    Mind telling me how mobility matters in PvE? Especially as a Tank, most people pull you towards them or give everyone a speed boost. Unless you mean fights like with that wind Kha'zix guy. (Sorry, barely PvE)

Mind telling me how mobility matters in PvE?
    Any time you spend running between targets is time you aren't doing any dps, more mobility means less lost dps time, and most other classes including ranged have better mobility than we do.

PvE only here. And there's a reason I rolled Worgen + Engineering to compensate for the lack of mobility.

Mind telling me how mobility matters in PvE? Especially as a Tank, most people pull you towards them or give everyone a speed boost. Unless you mean fights like with that wind Kha'zix guy. (Sorry, barely PvE)

Pretty much everything Shiira posted above, you are just gimped because almost every fight requires alot of movement.
    Taking two examples, Thok heroic and siegecrafter heroic.

If you get fixated on Thok, then you are going to struggle and need to start begging for help from your raid members because of the lack of mobility.
    Same with siege, you simply do not send a DK on the belt because they can`t keep up, they fall behind or spend more time trying to get past the beams than actually Dpsing.

As a tank it hurts even more, being slow and clunky when you have to run back and forth to pick up mobs and whatnot is painful.
    I had to compensate for the lack of mobility with engineering and goblin racial, and changing to orc made me realize how badly it hurts being a DK when it comes to mobility, yes we are supposed to be a slow and "strong" class but the way blizzard design raids it simply do not cut it.
    Death`s advance is a poor excuse for mobility which i replace with chillblains on any fight with adds anyways, and DG doesnt even work on half of the mobs/bosses in raids so its pretty much useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a tank, the only fight in SoO where this has been a problem is mines on Juggernaut, and even that is only an issue when people aren't standing where they're supposed to.

Where do you have to run back and forth to pick up adds? Never had to do that in SoO and in other content Grip, Grasp and DnD is enough.
    Sure, I have engineering for the rocket boost, but that's only ever used if I badly mess up or (90% of the time) to run quicker to the next trash pack.
    Thok? don't stand right behind him when he's changing target, make sure you have enough distance. Siegecrafter? A lot of classes are sub-optimal there, just like with tons of other individual raid mechanics, you don't NEED to do belt, there's surely other classes in the raid.

You're supposed to work around your class' weakness, not cry to remove it. All classes can't have great tools for all situations.
    You want a melee class with superb mobility? Warriors and Rogues have that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    As a tank, the only fight in SoO where this has been a problem is mines on Juggernaut, and even that is only an issue when people aren't standing where they're supposed to.

Where do you have to run back and forth to pick up adds? Never had to do that in SoO and in other content Grip, Grasp and DnD is enough.
    Sure, I have engineering for the rocket boost, but that's only ever used if I badly mess up or (90% of the time) to run quicker to the next trash pack.
    Thok? don't stand right behind him when he's changing target, make sure you have enough distance. Siegecrafter? A lot of classes are sub-optimal there, just like with tons of other individual raid mechanics, you don't NEED to do belt, there's surely other classes in the raid.

You're supposed to work around your class' weakness, not cry to remove it. All classes can't have great tools for all situations.
    You want a melee class with superb mobility? Warriors and Rogues have that.
    Pretty much sums it up. TLDR version is stop whining and being bad and work with what your class has. This non stop homogenization of all classes is what starts to eat away at the game when everyone wants everything.
    Dont DKs also have a passive movement speed increase? Or you could swap to unholy pres when moving if its such a big issue

Deleted
    yeah maybe one boss a tier where aoe grip is good, so strong! justifies the worst melee mobility for the rest of the bosses np

10+ Year Old Account
    Death's Advance is a choice. No one chooses it because it is useless. (Unless you PvE). Asphyxiate is best for PvP as he said he was referring to PvP.

Death Grip is Anti - Mobility. Not mobility.

Icebound Fortitude is a defensive. On a three minute CD which reduces damage by 20%. That's amazing. -Doesn't help with slows like he mentioned.

Desecrated Ground is good, but it has nothing to do with mobility. -Doesn't help with slows like he mentioned.

What would you know though? You haven't broken 1550. Don't talk if you don't know anything about PvP.
    If you dont want to use the tools at hand that's your problem. But the fact stands that they're there. And They work just fine.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Mobility absolutely matters in PvE. Death Grip does not work on bosses and Death's Advance is only a 30% "sprint". It's barely noticeable. Death's Advance is taken in PvE not because it's a great talent but because the alternatives are even worse.

My preferred solution would be to move the 10% base runspeed from Death's Advance to baseline for both Frost and Unholy and then change the talent by increasing the sprint amount, increasing the cooldown, dropping the duration a bit, removing the 100% immunity, and giving it an initial snare break to compensate. Something like this.

Death's Advance
    Instant 45 sec cooldown
    Movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 70% of normal movement speed.

When activated, you are freed from movement-impairing effects and gain 70% movement speed. Lasts 5 seconds.
    I'd also like to see Death Grip work like a charge on targets immune to the grip. This wouldn't have any PvP implications at all, and would make the ability useful on PvE bosses.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-04-07 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I'd also like to see Death Grip work like a charge on targets immune to the grip.
    I can no longer remember how long I have been asking for this for.

So based on what I'm reading, the answer to DK mobility is "deal with it". If we need to run away from pvp opponents, well, best get ressed at the gy. Or pick up engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
    So based on what I'm reading, the answer to DK mobility is "deal with it". If we need to run away from pvp opponents, well, best get ressed at the gy. Or pick up engineering.
    ...well, in WoD, "buy the rocket boots", since they are removing combat perks from professions, and wanting to spread the non-stat love around for things with huge utility. So I expect y'all to get rocked boots and a glider on the open market.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have the best CC break/prevention of any class. You can't have everything. Unholy DKs are really great in pvp, stop complaining because you die while retreating.

I get wanting your class to excel at everything, but that would make this a pretty shit game for everyone else. So yeah, deal with it.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-04-07 at 06:39 PM.

What are the best CC breaks/prevention you speak of? Genuine question, not snarky. I can think of lich borne so that some forms of CC cannot be used on you, but that's all I can think of. Other than that I'm chain stunned, feared, slept, rooted, slowed, etc.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are the best CC breaks/prevention you speak of? Genuine question, not snarky. I can think of lich borne so that some forms of CC cannot be used on you, but that's all I can think of. Other than that I'm chain stunned, feared, slept, rooted, slowed, etc.
    AMS, IBF, and Desecrated Ground.