Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I feel the reason they removed it was partially because of the new level 100 Talent "Saving Grace." They're rather similar. 50% of target health is enough to save a tank/dps in almost all situations and it has no cooldown. That's much better than a 5 min CD. Its healing debuff is annoying but honestly VS sort of had a healing debuff as well in the sense that you had to take time to heal yourself back up.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Well then there is probably over 100 wipes that u could have saved by using void shift, but u didnt. What larynx said describes u perfectly...

- - - Updated - - -

why 2? why not 1 or 3? what are u basing ur number on?
    How often during progression are people dipping so dangerously low that you have time to stop and Void Shift them? Wtf are your healers doing? More often than not during progression people are dying to one shots due to failing mechanics.

And if you read my previous posts you'd understand where I got the number from.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    How often during progression are people dipping so dangerously low that you have time to stop and Void Shift them? Wtf are your healers doing? More often than not during progression people are dying to one shots due to failing mechanics.
    Its mainly during mechanics where you know people will dip low.
    it can be used on Galakras because you know the tank is going to tank a lot of damage up the top of the second tower.
    During progression on Heroic Dark shamans, the tank tanking Kadris would stand undernearth during Foul Geyser.
    During Seigecrafter, especially during high stacks of electrostatic charges, while the tank dying is usually a wipe, you can still save the tank if they get dangerously low.
    Heroic Paragons if you are not targetted with Fiery Edge you should *always* be watching for people who may dip low to void shift them back to full health during it.
    During Heroic Garrosh you can Void Shift the tanks during movement during empowered whirling (if its needed, depends on cds available and raid group composition), Even getting to the top of Terrace you can reactively void shift if they get low, because you're running mindsear off of the tank anyway.

Those are pretty specific examples, but it nevertheless still has general use.

I do agree that since healing priest's new level 100 talent it is less ideal now for WoD, but it was still a very good spell for shadow priests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Would be OP in PvP, and PvP is likely why this spell is going away anyways.
    Be that as it may, it's far less ridiculous than some stuff in arenas.

Try playing RMP against LSD for instance.
    Void shift is rubbish compared to nearly every other cooldown out there.

Please no. Kill this ability and never let it come back ever

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I didn't realize Flash Heal or PWS were instant and could heal a tank for over a million instantly.

That's the use for Void Shift. It's an emergency heal to heal someone directly in risk of dying at the health cost of someone who isn't in risk of dying. If someone has never seen a use for it, then they're honestly a terrible player or have never done any meaningful content. It's an ability that I use nearly every single attempt on some progression fights in heroics, or for CMs to save a tank. Priests lack any powerful sudden heals. Paladins have LoH, druids have Nature's Swiftness, shamans have Ancestral Swiftness, monks have Life Cocoon. The closest priest equivalent is a PWS, and averaging crits/noncrits it would only be a little over 200k without trinket procs. I don't really consider something that can be spammed and heals for less than 1/5 a tank's health to be a solid oh shit button.
    There's nothing useful about void shift. It could have been cool, but it's not.

If you even have a split second time to use it on your tanks, then you just have very bad healers.

-

The only thing I'll miss is the void shift with the glyph, just so I can confuse our pandaren tank every time on the pull hehe.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2014-04-06 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    If you even have a split second time to use it on your tanks, then you just have very bad healers.
    by the same token, Lay on Hands and Nature's Swiftness should also be removed.

You're practically saying that any paladin in the history of raiding ever thats used lay on hands has raided with very bad healers.
    Last edited by Aere; 2014-04-07 at 07:56 AM.

Deleted
    Incredible ability. I know for sure i prevented many, many wipes with it.
    I hope we get another oh shit button if they remove it.
    I like that it isn't a freebie, and hitting it actually has consequences.
    Looks like a lot of ppl on here cant handle the immense power of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I use it every fight or even every raid, however I have certainly prevented upwards of 20 wipes.

Saying it's the best ability ever is hardly correct, but at the same time ignoring it because of some obstinate idea that it's only use is when someone else is doing something wrong (eg healers not topping up a DK with purgatory) is ignoring the reality that progression raiding entails mistakes and it's how you respond to those mistakes that gets you a kill in 50 pulls instead of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    12/14 H SoO and 6/9 Challenge Master. I can honestly say I've never cast it intentionally. Won't miss it in the least.
    Whats your rating?

And every priest uses every spell available to them if they wish to progress.

There is a reason you are 12/14 hc and 6/9 challenge master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Durumu, to remove the healing debuff, and Immersus, to insta-heal a blob.
    Oh, I forgot Durumu. I guess I did use it a lot there. Never even considered Immerseus, not that it's needed by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    If someone has never seen a use for it, then they're honestly a terrible player or have never done any meaningful content.
    12/14 H SoO and 6/9 Challenge Master. I can honestly say I've never cast it intentionally. Won't miss it in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Well then there is probably over 100 wipes that u could have saved by using void shift, but u didnt. What larynx said describes u perfectly...
    I would dispute that realm first challenges and H Blackfuse are not meaningful content. In fact, by fair measures, they're some of the toughest content in the game. I'm arguably the best 5man healer on my realm, and have very nearly completed the latest raid, which also puts me in the best raid team on the realm. If you're going to claim that that's not "meaningful content" then that basically means the only content that's meaningful to you is H Paragons and/or H Garrosh.

That stance is absurd.

In before "lol, Sen'jin is a backward-ass server, realm best means nothing". If that's the case, then it would be lack of competent players to recruit that's holding me back from 14/14 far more so than my own or anyone else's spell usage.
    Last edited by espoire; 2014-04-07 at 03:11 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aere View Post
    by the same token, Lay on Hands and Nature's Swiftness should also be removed.

You're practically saying that any paladin in the history of raiding ever thats used lay on hands has raided with very bad healers.
    The problem with Void Shift is the travel time since it is classified as a projectile. If the switch was actually instant, it would be a much more fun ability.

not to be rude but maybe you could get 14/14 hc 6 months ago like lots of other people did, that use their spells properly.
    I only play my priest an alt but void shift is a very very very useful spell.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    err, I'd question your raid awareness then. Especially during progress there are always times that Void Shift could be used.
    Could be, would be, etc

Good riddance.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyonic Picnic View Post
    The problem with Void Shift is the travel time since it is classified as a projectile. If the switch was actually instant, it would be a much more fun ability.
    I understand, there have been a few times in which it would take my health and not make it to someone before they died.
    I know that with the new lvl 100 talents there is little use for healing priests.
    I still like having the utility though.

I really like this ability. Used it quite frequently in the last few weaks in hero boss fights as smite diszi. Especially often in heroic dark schaman and immerseus as shadow. Also from time to time in other fights. I know it's quite strong in pvp and i caon live without it, but still would be sad about losing it.

Deleted
    I understand, there have been a few times in which it would take my health and not make it to someone before they died.
    I know that with the new lvl 100 talents there is little use for healing priests.
    I still like having the utility though.
    Oh, I agree. The utility is nice however the ability itself is a little wonky and very sensitive to latency from experience and as you point out, this can be covered by one of the L100 talents.

Oh, I forgot Durumu. I guess I did use it a lot there. Never even considered Immerseus, not that it's needed by any stretch.

I would dispute that realm first challenges and H Blackfuse are not meaningful content. In fact, by fair measures, they're some of the toughest content in the game. I'm arguably the best 5man healer on my realm, and have very nearly completed the latest raid, which also puts me in the best raid team on the realm. If you're going to claim that that's not "meaningful content" then that basically means the only content that's meaningful to you is H Paragons and/or H Garrosh.

That stance is absurd.

In before "lol, Sen'jin is a backward-ass server, realm best means nothing". If that's the case, then it would be lack of competent players to recruit that's holding me back from 14/14 far more so than my own or anyone else's spell usage.
    I never said you didn't do meaningful content, I just said you were a terrible player. There's a difference.

I'm arguably the best 5man healer on my realm
    Lol. CMs are a race with no runners. I got realm 40th in a pug the other day. Congratulations on being in the only group even attempting them.

have very nearly completed the latest raid
    Except you haven't completed it. You haven't even so much as attempted Garrosh, or killed Paragons, and this is months after the nerfs. You've had months to clear nerfed content, and you haven't. I haven't raided for over 3 months and I'm still more progressed than you, and there's plenty of people far better than me.

That's why I'm not impressed. You're above the average WoW player, but the average WoW player is an LFR hero. And then the other half of the playerbase is even worse than that. If you don't utilize your toolkit, you're a terrible player. Simple as that. You could be in a US top 25 guild and I still wouldn't take you seriously.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-04-07 at 12:31 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    If you really think you "need" Void Shift... then I'll just leave this here: http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=152116
    Who in their right mind would take this over the PoM one? A tank CD with a healing debuff that you would use *maybe* once per fight with the new "triage" system or a constant aoe heal.