Thread: Capping 50 90s!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I made it to 18. I have a few more 85+ I an easily level to 90 but, meh, probably won't be bothered.

Leveling is actually very easy. I just level until rested xp is used up, then log on another toon and repeat. It isn't that hard or time consuming.
    This is my method, partially. It takes approximately 10 days to become fully rested, if logging out in an inn. I have found a couple of inns that are bugged and don't give the proper amount of rested even though you get the instant log out, but most inns work that way.

However, this leaves you gaining only a level and a half every ten days, and thus would take about two years to fully level cap a character. I try to push them further when possible.

Unlike the OP, I have multiple accounts, but I do have 50 at 90. My goal for WoD is 100 at 100.
    Last edited by Jaen; 2014-04-07 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Pre-coffee head math

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Im curious, do you have a job? Because getting 50 level 90 characters seems like a job in and of itself. I can think of many other productive things to do with that time, but Grats anyway, for your dedication at least
    I have ok geared 90s with less than 3 days played and I have 3 characters with twice as much /played as the rest combined. Having lots of alts doesn't mean he has no life, or has spent way too much time on them.

That's impressive. I wish I had the same level of dedication to accomplish my goals.

I noticed it didn't take long for people to say you have no life or you bought them; but what people don't realize is it is this kind of personality that can translate into being successful in your career as well. You may spend your personal time doing this, but at work I'm sure your the type that is always taking initiative and getting things accomplished.

That's pretty amazing.

I've never come close to it myself. The most level capped characters I've had in any expansion was Wrath, when I had something like 5 of them. I do have a friend who got one level capped character for each class every expansion and also did that in Classic WoW. I also have one friend who does that and has been known to delete a level capped class, reroll the exact same class, and start over. He has done that quite a few times, but I don't know if he's anywhere near 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I have ok geared 90s with less than 3 days played and I have 3 characters with twice as much /played as the rest combined. Having lots of alts doesn't mean he has no life, or has spent way too much time on them.
    I would be curious to know what the combined /played time is for the 49 who are not his main.

CONGRATZ

What's your ui? Saw some of the screenshots and i guess it's a form for elvui with a twist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Perry Cox View Post
    I would be curious to know what the combined /played time is for the 49 who are not his main.
    Aye, me too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    First of all, 50 level 90s.

Even if they took 1 day each to level from 85-90 (with breaks, eating, bathroom, etc) thats 50 days of your life spent being unproductive.

Next, lets look at 50 characters being leveled from 1-85. Lets say that he used RaF for 30 of those characters, and it took him 1 day each to level them from 1-85 with rest, breaks, eating, bathroom etc. Thats 30 days of his life being unproductive.

Now for the other 20 characers, lets say he leveled those manually without RaF. For the sake of arguement lets say that he started playing WoW during the cata expansion. So now leveling is faster, but still 80-85 takes awhile. Lets say for the sake of arguement it takes on average 3 days each character to level from 1-85 on these 20 characters. Thats 60 days of being unproductive.

So hypothetically the time spent on this "what if" scenario is:

50 Days - (to reach 90 from 85 on all 50 characters)

30 Days - (to RaF 30 of his characters to 85)

60 Days - (to level 2 characters to 85 without RaF)

So a total of 140 days of being unproductive. Thats a lot of time. And im willing to bet to get 50 characters to 90 along with play time on gearing and other side things other than leveling took a lot more time than 140 days.

How is this not a "no life" scenario?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Because nobody with a family, job, friends and social life can spend so much time leveling pixels and wasting time.

Great way to show your ignorance I would like to see your proof that he spends every waking hour online, and that he hasn't got a job, friends, family, or a social life...Oh, you can't? Better stop talking shit then champ How many level 90s you have is literaly, zero indication of how many hours a day you spend online, Only ignorant fools would assume so

Congrats! I have 26 level 90's now. Gotta love how arrogant people are, judging you and making statements about you as a person or your life based upon what little they know. .

I doubt I'll level another toon until we get a new class though since I pretty much have 2 of each class that I'm not overly fond of at endgame, and 2-4 of the ones I really enjoy such as priest (3), hunter (4) and mage (3)...the mages are mostly for transportation though. My only goal with having these many alts is to have my fav mogg set for the class and race I think it suits the best. I don't spend more time than it takes to obtain those sets tbf on most my toons. Oh, and my 13 Horde toons have the farm maxed out so I grow enigma seeds...closing up on 800k made only from that this expansion.

First of all, 50 level 90s.
    How many total hours have you spent playing ANY video game since you first started playing games? (Be honest)

How much time to you spend watching movies, tv, webisodes, etc?

How much time to do spend out with friends playing pool, bowling, drinking, etc?

How people choose to spend their entertainment time is on them, and no one else. I may poke fun at someone and use some light humor, but someone spending their time, their way, is hardly a no life scenario.

Wow... Achievement unlocked "Master of leveling"!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Great way to show your ignorance I would like to see your proof that he spends every waking hour online, and that he hasn't got a job, friends, family, or a social life...Oh, you can't? Better stop talking shit then champ How many level 90s you have is literaly, zero indication of how many hours a day you spend online, Only ignorant fools would assume so
    It still doesnt help his cause having 50 level 90s. I mean im sure there are people who have only 1-2 level 90s who spend every waking hour playing WoW. Now take a guy who is so obsessed with alt leveling, that he takes the time to level 50 of them to max level. Also, assuming he doesnt just stop playing the moment he hits 90 on 50 characters, hes now gearing / focusing on gearing 1-3 or even more characters.

The fact is, its a no life thing to spend time to level 50 characters to max.

How is this not a "no life" scenario?
    What do you get out of making assumptions and telling a complete stranger what he should and should not be doing? Are you being productive whilst making those figures up?

No. You know nothing, at all, about this person other than him having 50 level 90's in a game where leveling doesn't take more than 2-3 days played if you go SLOWLY. Stop being so arrogant...and dumb, since a "no life" scenario would mean he was dead. His life is his to decide over, not yours, no matter how strongly you might believe in your superiority...you have none.

The fact that you are even here discussing a total strangers life over his time spent in a game would qualify YOU for a "no life scenario" to other people with your level of arrogance. Even playing games at ALL is a "no life scenario" to many outsiders.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-04-07 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Perry Cox View Post
    How many total hours have you spent playing ANY video game since you first started playing games? (Be honest)

How much time to you spend watching movies, tv, webisodes, etc?

How much time to do spend out with friends playing pool, bowling, drinking, etc?

How people choose to spend their entertainment time is on them, and no one else. I may poke fun at someone and use some light humor, but someone spending their time, their way, is hardly a no life scenario.
    First off, I love your avatar, and I also love the picture of the Rock.

Second, I have spent plenty of time playing games in my time. Times change as one gets older though. Maybe he's 12 years old living at home with nothing to do other than school and playing video games. Maybe hes 24 living in mom's basement playing WoW 24/7. I don't know. The fact is, he could be spending his time more wisely, contributing to society, affecting other peoples lives in a positive manner, getting out and socializing. If he is 12, an adolescent, teenager, whatever, then great. Its still not a wise choice of how he spends his time.

He could do more good for himself just by simply being around people in real life than in a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    What do you get out of making assumptions and telling a complete stranger what he should and should not be doing? Are you being productive whilst making those figures up?

No. You know nothing, at all, about this person other than him having 50 level 90's in a game where leveling doesn't take more than 2-3 days played if you go SLOWLY. Stop being so arrogant...and dumb, since a "no life" scenario would mean he was dead. His life is his to decide over, not yours, no matter how strongly you might believe in your superiority...you have none.

The fact that you are even here discussing a total strangers life over his time spent in a game would qualify YOU for a "no life scenario" to other people with your level of arrogance. Even playing games at ALL is a "no life scenario" to many outsiders.
    He is the one who openly created a thread for people to discuss how he spends his time! lol, you need to get off your high horse and get with reality. If hes going to post it on a public forum, then he better be willing to receive scrutiny and criticism for his actions, even if its not the type of criticism he would like to hear.

Second, I have spent plenty of time playing games in my time. Times change as one gets older though. Maybe he's 12 years old living at home with nothing to do other than school and playing video games. Maybe hes 24 living in mom's basement playing WoW 24/7. I don't know. The fact is, he could be spending his time more wisely, contributing to society, affecting other peoples lives in a positive manner, getting out and socializing. If he is 12, an adolescent, teenager, whatever, then great. Its still not a wise choice of how he spends his time.

He could do more good for himself just by simply being around people in real life than in a video game.
    His life, his decision. You don't know anything beyond his amount of toons at that. Your way of living (are you living as you preach?) doesn't constitute THE way of living.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

He is the one who openly created a thread for people to discuss how he spends his time! lol, you need to get off your high horse and get with reality. If hes going to post it on a public forum, then he better be willing to receive scrutiny and criticism for his actions, even if its not the type of criticism he would like to hear.
    My high horse? So I am on a high horse for telling you that you don't know anything about this guy other than his amount of toons and that your assumptions are arrogant?

Then you must be sitting on a bloody giraffe. Your way of assuming and "writing" his life for him based on what little you know reminds me of the arrogance and "I-know-everything!"-attitude that people in their mid-teens show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    His life, his decision. You don't know anything beyond his amount of toons at that. Your way of living (are you living as you preach?) doesn't constitute THE way of living.

- - - Updated - - -

My high horse? So I am on a high horse for telling you that you don't know anything about this guy other than his amount of toons and that your assumptions are arrogant?

Then you must be sitting on a bloody giraffe.
    You are damn right its his decision. I'm pointing out that his decision is not a wise one. Deal with it. If he wants to be a contributing member of society and wants to better himself, getting out and being social and productive is how he can do that. If not, he loses out on many life experiences that could bring him happiness that he never will have by being a basement dweller playing WoW all day and night.

Im done with your nonsense, and you are just about to go on my ignore list Rorcanna.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

He said he leveled them while spending time with his friends. If he leveled them all solo without communicating to anyone else I would agree with you, but I'm in a situation where I only have a few hours a day to play video games because of exactly all the stuff you mentioned and I still have all the 85-90s I've got in my sig (without really focusing on leveling alts) and I can't imagine that this is in any way a "nolife-scenario". 140 days of /played like you mentioned (since Cata, was it?) isn't much compared to what's average for a dedicated gamer who still has a social life and works full time.

You are damn right its his decision. I'm pointing out that his decision is not a wise one. Deal with it. If he wants to be a contributing member of society and wants to better himself, getting out and being social and productive is how he can do that. If not, he loses out on many life experiences that could bring him happiness that he never will have by being a basement dweller playing WoW all day and night.

Im done with your nonsense, and you are just about to go on my ignore list Rorcanna.
    The truth hurts. You know nothing about people on the internet. Deal with having no power to tell others how to live their lives. I hope you live as you preach and do A LOT of good for society but I somehow doubt that considering how you sit here on a giraffe telling others what is the right or the wrong way to live their lives based on YOUR values.

50 90s? wow, I feel like that's more sad than impressive, but sure.