Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Stupid question, does rook's trink reduce the damage from korvens vicious assault on protectors since its a cleave type effect?

My thought is it does but I'd like to confirm.
    Not sure, but isn't really necessary. You can remove the stun with Hand of Protection though, this might help you push the Encase in Amber dps check if you are struggling to make it (you can remove the stun if you derp Flash with Hand of Protection too).

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like i'm sometimes having issues with keeping my SoTR buff up. Could any of you experienced paladins help me out? Check out the character a bit to see what im doing wrong or where my gear is wrong?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/yvesh/simple
    I dont have any logs to provide sadly

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very low haste for your ilvl due to poor itemization (if not already doing it, spec ret loot for everything except for Malk and Nazgrim, it's understandable if you are unlucky tho) and some suboptimal reforges. You can drop some exp and reforge pieces without haste to it.
    Also if you can, buy the exp trinket from the pandashan reputation instead of your IJ one. I think it's better than this one. Ring as well (haste/crit for your dodge/mastery).

Without logs, hard to tell anything else, but it's a start.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the kind of haste i should aim for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillicis View Post
    /10char

As much as possible. 50% (21250) is the gcd cap, and it loses value at that point, but that's a ways off for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Stop when you hit 21250

Quick question

Tonight the agi/haste/mast neck dropped and no one needed it so I took it. I have several other necks I do not have malk or jugs neck. I do have the heroic final word. I was just wondering if anyone else is using the agi neck?
    what

Deleted
    To answer your question more directly, vaarsuviuss, strength contributes infinitesimally to your AP in raid encounters at this point, and we don't give a rat's ass about parry to begin with. There's also an agi-mastery-haste ring from Paragons that's worth considering if you're wearing something icky like the Galakras ring atm.

In short, don't discount gear just because it doesn't have strength on it. Obviously let agi rings and such go to DPS first, but if nobody needs it and the secondary stats are smexy, by all means, take it and wear it with pride.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    This thread gets boring when no one writes here.
    Welcome to why I stopped writing a lot on paladin forums :P Have not really been any real discussions since ToT.

Finally killed paragons HC (yes, we're just that good :S )

We haven't actually pulled garrosh yet but I have a couple of questions I'd like clarification on please.
    1) Solo tank or 2? (I'm leaning towards 1)
    2) Does glyphing holy wrath stun intermission adds?
    3) Focussed shield or not? - I'm talking from a "whats best for the raid" pov here and not a "whats best for my parses"
    4) Standing in annihilates worth it? (And how do you actually survive it? It's 3.5m damage so DP and AD together doesn't seem like enough)

Thanks!

Deleted
    1) Called me old fashioned but 2, especially with the health nerf. Maybe the gain is different now in higher item level, but when we did it, I do not even think we would have gained dps by solo tanking it. Plenty of vengeance to go around and a second tank is really beneficial in both of the transitions and P4.

2) Yes.

3) It depends on what you currently need. I swapped around glyphs a lot during this fight. Final Wrath is a given. During the fight you should be getting 5 execute phases.
    Other glyphs I played around with, Blinding Light for the adds during transition. Realised that it interrupts even without glyph, derp, removed it. Holy Wrath glyph for the stun. This one I used during the kill. Word of Glory glyph even without 4p for the transition.

I used FW+WoG+HW for most of the time learning transition 1. But once we got better control over it I changed to FW+HW+FS as FS helped me more for the rest of the fight and we lacked single target damage. There is nothing wrong with changing glyphs depending on where you are in progression. So I would suggest you not to use FS before you have learned transition 1.

4. Yes. Honestly you are tanking wrong if you are not. It is worth a lot more if you are not the first tank after the transition. Being the vengeance bitch as a paladin should be on Garrosh, standing in Annihilates was almost required of me to get any throughput.

I survived it at 564 ilvl by using the following rotation
    DP+Stoneform - GoAK - AD+DA - DP + Cloak if needed

It was highly important to time the CDs with the hits. There is a long delay between the hits so by using them right before a strike hits, you could sometimes cover 1 more hit with the same cooldown, so dont overlap them. How many hits you take depends on how fast you are in the transition. It is probable that during the start of progression you do not even need 3 CD cycles. It is really important that you take EVERY annihilate. Missing one defeats the purpose as it will drop your vengeance by a lot.

Thanks for the answers!

I've been wondering how you survive 3.5m hits with CD's like that but it dawned on me theres a buff to pick up. I feel like a complete dunce.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thanks for the answers!

I've been wondering how you survive 3.5m hits with CD's like that but it dawned on me theres a buff to pick up. I feel like a complete dunce.
    I've made that mistake a few times myself

Deleted
    Wasn't the anihilate and vengeance bug fixed already?

Quote Originally Posted by salska View Post
    Wasn't the anihilate and vengeance bug fixed already?
    No. You still end up with ~450-500k vengeance.

Deleted
    I am unaware of any bug with annihilate.

I did like how you could pop a BoP on yourself and just soak all of them in a row w/o any other cds up (cloak proc would trigger off annihilate, and then instantly get taken off by BoP)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I did like how you could pop a BoP on yourself and just soak all of them in a row w/o any other cds up (cloak proc would trigger off annihilate, and then instantly get taken off by BoP)
    You would not get full vengeance out of that though so would be kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You would not get full vengeance out of that though so would be kinda pointless.
    You did get full veng, just you couldn't attack for the duration which was the problem. But it allowed me to soak ~3 annihilates for "free" after which point i could break out, pop cds and continue dpsing. (I Flash Healed ppl during those 2 cycles of annihilates :> )