Class least susceptible to latency?

I play on EU servers from the US (relocated there from Europe years ago and did not want to leave my guild)...with average 150ms latency.

Rogues for example just don't work. I have had okay success with Hunters but find the class a bit boring.
    Any recommendations from players in my case?

-ch

this one is tough because i think all characters need quick response in some ways or another, even healers. I guess you could go something like a warrior because they have mobility to get back on target as well as second wind which is a defensive heal that will trigger passively which can buy you some time. Casters can really suffer because you are pressing the next cast just before the first cast ends and "queueing up" your next cast, and with the latency this is going to make your time inbetween casts feel infinite. So i think warrior, or maybe BM hunter, sit behind a pillar (or in plain sight with Deter up) and pop beastial wrath and watch your pet do everything for you! What could be more fun!?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really difficult because sooner or later -all- classes are affected by latency. I guess maybe a DK with the chilblains talent will be affected least because you basically root your opponent and you're capable of having your enemies slowed 24/7.

Besides that maybe a warlock or maybe a druid even.

But my bet stays with DK simply because you have your enemy slowed constantly, which helps -a lot- versus high latency opponents.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-04-09 at 02:04 AM.

i play with 200-300+ms a lot
    sometimes ~400 during peak hour

i dont play a healer so no input there

but ive tried ret, rogue, monk, dk and warrior and i rank warrior as first and dk/rogue as next, then monk and ret is the worst of the lot
    even though warrior i rank as first, its still not as decent as i thought with higher ping
    eg
    depends on ping, but i often get the dreaded 'you must be in melee range' even though im literally on top of them like 2 prisoners or stuff like if you vsing a warrior
    you heroic leap + charge never works, while the opponents leap + charge get you

range ive played hunter, lock and mage
    overall hunter WILL be the best toon as you can dps while running and none of your shots need to be still unless you spec powershot

lock and mage is iffy
    my pet nova or shadowfury sometimes doesnt hit the target cos of server latency when u try to predict where they will be
    but still mage/lock are strong

Hunter seems to be the best bet. All targeted spells except traps

Deleted
    Don't play melee, that's for sure. Would say hunter (any spec), if you don't like it now, wait for WoD (pet less).

Any ranged will fit, they are all easy mode when compared to melee.
    Last edited by mmoc1561bc551c; 2014-04-09 at 10:49 AM.

Hunter; less procs to watch for, very little cast time (steady/cobra), simple rotation.

But I'm sure any ranged would work better than melee with high latency,
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Just bear in mind that no matter what class you choose, none of them was designed with heavy latency in mind. You might perform better with a hunter (or ranged in general) but it probably won't be any good as soon as you need to bring strong performance.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BM hunter. you just gota run away while your pet kills everything.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

You definitely want a caster not a melee that spams skills most gcds

Discipline priest is pretty easy, very, I'd say easier than a hunter.

same situation during wotlk. affliction lock worked ok with higher latency. but I eventually just rerolled on a local server.

I would say BM hunter, so even if you lag up you'll still be doing decent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitethe View Post
    I wouldn't take on the responsibilities of a healer with that latency. :/

Now hunters aren't concerned with deadzoning I think they are pretty easy to play with high latency, but if you find it boring that's fair enough.

I'd recommend against playing any melee with 150ms, but healers and casters should be ok. Warlocks, Shadow Priests, Boomkins and Ele Shams should all be okay. Resto Shaman and Resto Druid healing would be the best healers to go for too.

Aslong as you're not picking a melee or a caster who has to fakecast a lot then you'll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitethe View Post
    LOL. i'm sorry..

anyways i vote for aff lock or hunter.

For a DPS, Hunter and Shadow Priest. Hunter is largely instant attacks and a CC bot while Shadow deals its damage with relatively predictable and plannable cycles, proc usage, and moderate cooldowns on its big utility spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Just bear in mind that no matter what class you choose, none of them was designed with heavy latency in mind. You might perform better with a hunter (or ranged in general) but it probably won't be any good as soon as you need to bring strong performance.
    Actually, the developers have stated in the past (I believe it was Ghostcrawler) that they design the game to be perfectly playable at 150-200 MS. Less is just optimal and really nice for a melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Actually, the developers have stated in the past (I believe it was Ghostcrawler) that they design the game to be perfectly playable at 150-200 MS. Less is just optimal and really nice for a melee.
    saying it is playable is one thing, but actually playing it is another

Game is playable at 150ms but it has to be constant and no jittering

Deleted
    I would suggest either a Paladin or a Warlock as they both can solo content and all sorts of mistakes can be forgiven.