Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizslakane View Post
    Sorry if it sounded like I was breaking my 2pc set bonus, I am not. I do agree the 2pc is too strong. My concern was breaking the 4pc set bonus only (keeping the 2pc set bonus).
    With the 4 HM pieces i would equip, 2 have optimal stats (Haste/Mastery), while the other 2 have some crit. But again SimCraft is definitely showing a dps increase. I even simmed with heavy and light movement, and single/multiple targets.
    I'd think the realistic gain will be variable if the pieces aren't being switched out for haste/mastery, since I assume you're using PE/EM which has a gain from haste via fire elemental and mastery is your personal damage obviously, depending on the fight duration it will swing from a gain like simcraft shows (thought it will be small) to a noticeable loss based on cooldowns. It is personal choice, and I'd say if it's showing such a small gain of 2000, the small utility the 4pc can give on some fights might actually be worth keeping it for, it's all preferrence.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I'd say if it's showing such a small gain of 2000, the small utility the 4pc can give on some fights might actually be worth keeping it.
    Thank you. Kind of what I was thinking exactly. Just it would be nice to be 570

Has anyone ever been able to figure out how many times the 4-piece will proc, on a single target fight, on a per-minute average?

Thanks, excellent guide.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Has anyone ever been able to figure out how many times the 4-piece will proc, on a single target fight, on a per-minute average?
    It's very difficult to quantify given that it can proc just as LvL is coming off cooldown and not provide the same gain. Best way to get an average is just look at ticks you usually get on a fight and divide by 20, gives you the very, very rough average of it.

It's very difficult to quantify given that it can proc just as LvL is coming off cooldown and not provide the same gain. Best way to get an average is just look at ticks you usually get on a fight and divide by 20, gives you the very, very rough average of it.
    Also keep in mind that each proc is only ~half of an extra lava lash on average (can proc anywhere between immediately after using lava lash (full value) to immediately before using lava lash (0 value)).

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Also keep in mind that each proc is only ~half of an extra lava lash on average (can proc anywhere between immediately after using lava lash (full value) to immediately before using lava lash (0 value)).
    I already covered that in the first sentence.

How difficult would you guys classify the rotation of enhance? Somewhere easier or harder than fury/feral?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    How difficult would you guys classify the rotation of enhance? Somewhere easier or harder than fury/feral?
    Asking the question of regulars of this forum definitely encourages bias, but from experience myself, standard basic rotation is similar to fury, Enh is more difficult to organize and maximize, Feral is absolutely more difficult to regularly perform on, but Enh suffers a lot less from RNG given how much feral relies on good procs while pooling for rune/SoO RPPM trinks.

I already covered that in the first sentence.
    Yes, but your calculation didn't. Divide flame shock ticks by 20 if you want the number of times the 4p proc'd on average, but divide by 40 if you want a rough estimate how many extra lava lashes it actually gave you (which is the value that most people are probably interested in).

Anyway, long story short: it's not a very powerful bonus against a single target.

Deleted
    Is it just me, or haste became much more valuable at heroic gear levels?
    With 566 ilvl for my offspec, simcraft gave me 0.73 for haste, 0.54 for mastery and 0.48 for crit. With just a few ilvls down, mastery was equal to haste. Is there something wrong or this is to be expected?

Is there a certain gear level where PE overtakes Unleash Fury?

I'm only 551 /w flex AOC and the 2piece, and Simcraft gives me 4k higher damage as UF over PE, so basically a negligible difference in favor of UF.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-04-11 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
    Is it just me, or haste became much more valuable at heroic gear levels?
    With 566 ilvl for my offspec, simcraft gave me 0.73 for haste, 0.54 for mastery and 0.48 for crit. With just a few ilvls down, mastery was equal to haste. Is there something wrong or this is to be expected?
    Depends on the gear you ran your sim with, and the settings in the sim. Generally speaking, though, it seems that most enhancers at high gear level gem and reforge for mastery > haste > crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Is there a certain gear level where PE overtakes Unleash Fury?

I'm only 551 /w flex AOC and the 2piece, and Simcraft gives me 4k higher damage as UF over PE, so basically a negligible difference in favor of UF.
    Simply having AoC puts PE over UF. Also, having the 2-piece T16 makes UE jump above SS in your priority.

Deleted
    How good is the legendary cloak / meta for enhancement? How much do each of them add? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachariash View Post
    How good is the legendary cloak / meta for enhancement? How much do each of them add? Curious.
    For me, together the cloak/gem do anywhere between 8 to 12% depending on the fight.

Is haste still equal to mastery and it's preference based, or does one stat become strictly better at certain ilvls?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Is haste still equal to mastery and it's preference based, or does one stat become strictly better at certain ilvls?
    Every time I look up a high-end enhancer, the gemming/reforging is mastery > haste > crit.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to keep in mind, AoE favors mastery over haste, so if you are in content that has you using Fire Nova, Mastery will be a better stat (sim Helter Skelter)

Because of the nature of most heroic fights, Fire Nova should be getting used quite often. Even some normal mode fights this tier are very cleave friendly.

For me, mastery wasnt a clear cut winner untill I got mostly SoO geared with trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Every time I look up a high-end enhancer, the gemming/reforging is mastery > haste > crit.
    While this is the case, haste and mastery are fairly equivelent and I would not reccommend reforging haste into mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    While this is the case, haste and mastery are fairly equivelent and I would not reccommend reforging haste into mastery.
    I think it's a moot point, unless you're talking about Timeless Isle gear, and below, since there isn't any gear (certainly not high-end) where the mastery > haste > crit priority would see you reforging haste into mastery. It would always be some other stat into mastery, leaving the haste alone.

Maybe perhaps the TED trinket, if you were going to reforge some mastery into haste, but that's the only one I can think of.