10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    i know you're not talking to / about me,but it does apply to me, so i would like to respond rationally and logically. The basic premise of this thread is flawed in saying that flying isn't going to be in the next expansion, which is blatantly false, blizzard has stated countless times (to anyone willing to pay attention) that we will have flight in the next expansion, just not at launch. They've gone on to say "IF we planned to remove flight in an expansion we would tell you about it beforehand, to stop people from over-reacting before hearing our side of the discussion first." which means...they may eventually decide to not have flight (in another expansion), but for now it's staying.

The problem is people see this forum, and don't read the entire thing, and just join the no-flight-GRRR-bandwagon without knowing all the facts, without listening to the game developers intents, or without the common sense implication that blizzard would think long and hard about removing a majority of player's favorite convenience in the game as a "surprise" or lie....they'd lose so much business it wouldn't be worth it. this is something they would admit to and announce for an expansion they day they announced the expansion to judge reaction first at blizzcon, and on the forums as a whole.
    And you've just said everything I've said within these 250+ pages. There will be flight in Draenor. 6.1 will hit and we will wrap up some quest to unlock flight. But, in acknowledging that which is already written in stone, I also commented that Twitter and other "social media" or interviews are not solid evidence and are usually taken WAY out of context or read to be gospel. The only gospel truth I see is what makes it into the patch notes. Until 6.1 arrives and gives me Patch Notes which clearly state flying is NOT returning, I will sleep safe and sound knowing it will be back in 6.1.

A few hundred pages ago, I made a promise that if Flying never made it to Draenor, I would purchase the store mount of choice for all the people who called it, and then I would close both of my accounts and uninstall the game. I never make a bet I think I can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Selling points for expansion 6:

New Class!
    New Race!

...Flying Mounts!

ROFL!
    When the removal of a feature is considered a feature, it's actually quite sad.

People still crying about this? Oh boy.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-04-10 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I'm telling you that if they don't add it in 6.1, they will never add it again to any new content. They aren't going to roll the dice once a decision is made.

- - - Updated - - -

I will also say, most of the alpha shots look like fully-realized renderings/no props or SMC facades. So that gives me some hope that they were being honest about the possibility of re-adding it later. That it wasn't just a put-on.
    Yes, they have made it clear they would rather not have flight in current content. But spouting conspiracies about never having flight on Draenor is ridiculous, flight could be implemented as a leveling boost once 7.0 hits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    flight could be implemented as a leveling boost once 7.0 hits
    They would do that because? They charge for level boosts now. They aren't going to detract from that.

What is the motivation exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    People still crying about this? Oh boy.
    It wouldn't even be a possibility if people weren't crying for it's removal in the first place.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-04-10 at 07:39 PM.

I am actually really happy with the no-flying stuff Blizzard is gonna do with WoD but I completely understand people who aren't. Even if I have the feeling that it's gonna make MY immersion feeling better (I only speak for myself), I still have the feeling that they're taking away from us a feature which became kind of unavoidable. However I'm still pretty sure we'll see flying in a patch !

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they have made it clear they would rather not have flight in current content. But spouting conspiracies about never having flight on Draenor is ridiculous, flight could be implemented as a leveling boost once 7.0 hits
    It's unlikely. If they're going to go ahead and have no flying in "current content" I find it unlikely that they would revamp old zones to include it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It's unlikely. If they're going to go ahead and have no flying in "current content" I find it unlikely that they would revamp old zones to include it.
    Right, they never 're-included' it in all the older ground-only zones from Cata and MoP. Their reasoning for not doing so isn't just going to change overnight. We can expect the same results.

Or what if wait and see means they are waiting for feedback before making a final decision?

A world designed for ground travel can always support flying. The same cannot be said for a world designer with flight in mind. That's why they are designing for ground, and waiting for feedback to determine if they should or should not enable flight.
    "Old Azeroth" was not designed for flying. Flying was added to the old zones in the Cataclysm expansion. A world designed for ground travel can only support flying if the artwork and game development are added to support flying. The idea that they are waiting for feedback to decided to have flying in WoD is ludicrous. You don't put in an expensive feature like flying in and then "wait and see" if you are going to use it. How gullible can people be?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    But you dont need to revamp old zones to support flying. Flying mounts can do anything ground mounts can do and more, the same does not go for ground mount. A zone has to be designed to support ground mounts, if it supports ground based travel it can support flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And you've just said everything I've said within these 250+ pages. There will be flight in Draenor. 6.1 will hit and we will wrap up some quest to unlock flight. But, in acknowledging that which is already written in stone, I also commented that Twitter and other "social media" or interviews are not solid evidence and are usually taken WAY out of context or read to be gospel. The only gospel truth I see is what makes it into the patch notes. Until 6.1 arrives and gives me Patch Notes which clearly state flying is NOT returning, I will sleep safe and sound knowing it will be back in 6.1.

A few hundred pages ago, I made a promise that if Flying never made it to Draenor, I would purchase the store mount of choice for all the people who called it, and then I would close both of my accounts and uninstall the game. I never make a bet I think I can't win.
    Yeah sorry, i come back ever 15-20 pages and try and make sure people understand that blizzard intends to add flight back in, so many people don't read the whole forum or the OP and just put their 2 cents in given the false info, i just try to keep people informed on the "truth of the matter"

But you dont need to revamp old zones to support flying. Flying mounts can do anything ground mounts can do and more, the same does not go for ground mount. A zone has to be designed to support ground mounts, if it supports ground based travel it can support flight.
    Of course you have to rework old content to enable flying in what was a ground only area. Geesh, this is so obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it does not need to be designed from square one to support flying mounts.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    "Old Azeroth" was not designed for flying. Flying was added to the old zones in the Cataclysm expansion. A world designed for ground travel can only support flying if the artwork and game development are added to support flying. The idea that they are waiting for feedback to decided to have flying in WoD is ludicrous. You don't put in an expensive feature like flying in and then "wait and see" if you are going to use it. How gullible can people be?
    Because the problems with the old world was not that it didn't support flight, as it had flight paths, but that areas were not coded to have flight, and things like invisible/blue walls were not included in places they would need to be, such as off the coast of Teldrassil en route to GM island. However, as I have explained before, there are a lot of spells and items in game that can simulate some effect of flight in terms of travel, and Blizzard knows this. They will have collision coded and walls built because players have far more at their disposal than we had previously. In Wrath we had Flexweave underlay to slowfall, now we have the Goblin Glider. It is far stronger.

The old world also had a lot of testing elements not touched prior to Cata. They had mount Hyjal, Ironforge Airport, Quel'Thalas, and players weren't supposed to be in these areas. They didn't change these areas prior to Cata, so players werent allowed in these areas, and still today you cannot get into Quel'Thalas without bugging. Heck if I'm not mistaken Hyjal eventually had a script to teleport players out, and the Ironforge Airport could only be reached by serious wall jumping. When we did have flight, suddenly bugging through walls became a bigger issue because players couldn't fall through the world and instead could fly while under the world, like in Zul'Gurub, players could easily bug through the temple and get into Karazhan Crypts, or on the giant bomb in the gnome district of Ironforge. They do a lot more of their testing and whatnot in instances now, or clean it up rather than leave models lying around, and have since vanilla launched such as the Outlands in Deadmines.

Flight was not in vanilla because they had a ton of testing and design pieces left around and they didn't take the time to clean up until Cata. They haven't done this since vanilla, so the problems they had adding flight to the old world would not be present in Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the problems with the old world was not that it didn't support flight, as it had flight paths, but that areas were not coded to have flight, and things like invisible/blue walls were not included in places they would need to be, such as off the coast of Teldrassil en route to GM island. However, as I have explained before, there are a lot of spells and items in game that can simulate some effect of flight in terms of travel, and Blizzard knows this. They will have collision coded and walls built because players have far more at their disposal than we had previously. In Wrath we had Flexweave underlay to slowfall, now we have the Goblin Glider. It is far stronger.

The old world also had a lot of testing elements not touched prior to Cata. They had mount Hyjal, Ironforge Airport, Quel'Thalas, and players weren't supposed to be in these areas. They didn't change these areas prior to Cata, so players werent allowed in these areas, and still today you cannot get into Quel'Thalas without bugging. Heck if I'm not mistaken Hyjal eventually had a script to teleport players out, and the Ironforge Airport could only be reached by serious wall jumping. When we did have flight, suddenly bugging through walls became a bigger issue because players couldn't fall through the world and instead could fly while under the world, like in Zul'Gurub, players could easily bug through the temple and get into Karazhan Crypts, or on the giant bomb in the gnome district of Ironforge. They do a lot more of their testing and whatnot in instances now, or clean it up rather than leave models lying around, and have since vanilla launched such as the Outlands in Deadmines.

Flight was not in vanilla because they had a ton of testing and design pieces left around and they didn't take the time to clean up until Cata. They haven't done this since vanilla, so the problems they had adding flight to the old world would not be present in Draenor
    No doubt!

But the question isn't CAN they.

It's WILL they.

How do you know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Of course you have to rework old content to enable flying in what was a ground only area. Geesh, this is so obvious.
    No, they change a code and enable flight.

They don't have to design reasonable roads, passages, etc. for flying mounts. They do need to do so for ground mounts. Where a ground mount can efficiently travel, a flying mount can do the same. Meanwhile, where flying mounts can efficiently travel, ground mounts don't necessarily do the same. The only way from one half of Pandaria to the other without a flight path is through the Veiled Stair, the tunnel of Saurok leading to Kun'Lai. The only way to the Vale without flight is through Kun Lai, and only way to Townlong is on the edge of Kun'lai, while there is just one bridge into the Dread Wastes from Townlong. They don't care that post-leveling this is ridiculously annoying to traverse without flight because the world is designed for flight. But if it could be traversed easily on the ground, such as the vale having gates on 3 or 4 sides, flight would still function fine.

How is this still an active topic? I think i will start a thread about how Compuserve is way better then AOL.

They are not gonna take that chance. There will b flying.. They wont remove it, Because they know they will lose millions on top of millions of subs if they do so..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeschmoe View Post
    How is this still an active topic? I think i will start a thread about how Compuserve is way better then AOL.
    says the "anonymous" poster...

...you didn't have to click on it if you didn't have anything to add, mr. Doe.