Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the new Velen is what the Draenei males will (mostly) look like?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yeah it does look awesome, that reminds me that Blizzard should really add different types of armors, why in the back slot we only use capes? can't we use anything else???
    FINALLY someone else mentions this. I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I have a feeling that the changes to the Draenei Male will be substantial. They didn't change the Draenei Female much because it was already very popular and considered 'perfect', but the Male Draenei, not so much. Their torso is very disproportionate and I'm sure they'll take this opportunity to make them resemble their original artwork.

You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I have a feeling that the changes to the Draenei Male will be substantial. They didn't change the Draenei Female much because it was already very popular and considered 'perfect', but the Male Draenei, not so much. Their torso is very disproportionate and I'm sure they'll take this opportunity to make them resemble their original artwork.

Honestly as much as I want this, I don't think we'll be that lucky. They seem pretty determined to maintain the "essence" of the characters, regardless of how bad it looks.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Honestly as much as I want this, I don't think we'll be that lucky. They seem pretty determined to maintain the "essence" of the characters, regardless of how bad it looks.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that, they really made strides with the Tauren model, the face bears almost no resemblance to the original, not that I am complaining, my main is a Tauren and I love how the new model looks.

The general consensus with the Male Draenei is that they look like refrigerators with legs, I doubt many people would complain if some major changes took place. Obviously I don't speak for all Draenei players, but from my own experiences, Draenei Males were one of the worst models in the game.
    You just lost The Game

They seem pretty determined to maintain the "essence" of the characters, regardless of how bad it looks.
    They changed Orcs a lot though. Sure, they retained the hunchback, but that's about the only vestige of the original Orc model that survived the translation. Gnomes and Tauren are also quite different. I think they're probably aware of the general displeasure with the balloon-like shape of the male Draenei's torso.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too fond of the new draenei female model but that's largely because I'm not that fond of the old one, either. I'll reserve judgement for the finished article, though.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    FINALLY someone else mentions this. I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
    You're never the only one brother, but yeah, i have been asking for that since Cataclysm was announced

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    I must look like this! Looks amazing.
    Thank you, I just stole it from Maiev and adjusted the colors and cut it up and glued it on the lady there. I had this hunch in WOTLK they would use the cold climate and Arthas' awesome cloak to create a new cloak geoset for players that gave us stuff like this. Mantles too, like what I gave my personal Malfurion Frankenstein. That never happened.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    This is really good. Which is something I think characters should start getting as a legendary transmog for their capes/back slot. For example, such a cloak/warden cloak, or thralls trench coat (in general, I want my undead rogue to have a black trench coat over her ninja/assassin tmog), while giving them each new movement options. This would be cool as hell to see as a reward for something like challenge modes or something. But, alas, i doubt they will do it, as so many different special movements, for this particular cloak, would have so many different clipping problems, if they do not just design the cloak from ground up for every race and gender, and special movements from 2h special attack to casting.

Thinking about it, they could do something where it looks as is when not in combat, but in combat, you have an animation where when you unsheath your weapons your cloak is flung back over your shoulders creating a mantle of sorts that would then free up clipping issues, or in combat your cloak starts flapping in the wind behind you, something like that.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went back and looked at the new Velen and he indeed has bulkier legs and a better looking torso. Sure it's through the robe, but you can kinda tell. I hope that is a good sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the male Draenei hate. Almost all of my characters are female but for the males, Draenei is one of my favorite. I think they look very heroic and bad-ass.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

Eh. To me they look top-heavy and doughy. They tend to make OK Priests/Mages because the robes hide their silhouette, but the only draenei-capable melee this suits is Enhance and occasionally Ret. And even at that, male Draenei look pretty dumb in Judgement. Not as dumb as Tauren, but close.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the Draenei finally get their "horse" shoes, as it were. They're described in Rise of the Horde as having them, shod from the hoof up. It's dangerous to walk around on the Stormwind cobblestones without them, or any environment that could do them harm. Someone once posted in a thread similar, and since I can't post links, I can't link directly to it.

I think what they have to say lends some serious credence. I'd never thought of it that way until I read that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    I don't get the male Draenei hate. Almost all of my characters are female but for the males, Draenei is one of my favorite. I think they look very heroic and bad-ass.
    Have you seen them walk? they look.... HORRIBLE!

Yup, they look awesome there. Granted, I could see making the chest a *bit* thicker than depicted there, but overall I agree, they need to be more proportionate. The only thing I'll say, though, is that I vastly prefer the "armored" tail, than the serpentine one seen there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    Me too, I love'em. They remind me of a minimalist cartoon super hero physique, almost art deco or something.
    I adore my Draenei Paladin. Some people just take themselves too seriously to appreciate exaggerated proportions. But they also remind me of this guy. So I made this, and it cannot be unmade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Eh. To me they look top-heavy and doughy. They tend to make OK Priests/Mages because the robes hide their silhouette, but the only draenei-capable melee this suits is Enhance and occasionally Ret. And even at that, male Draenei look pretty dumb in Judgement. Not as dumb as Tauren, but close.
    WTF ever while I beg to differ, in a cartoon game they look like Bluto from Popeye and quite capable of bashing your brains out with their hammers.
    My Vindicator is the shiznit.

In all seriousness they remind me of divine Hindu enlightened serene skullcrackers. They have a whimsical self deprecation that is for making you smile. In Russia, there are no smiles.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-04-11 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    not with them wiggly lookin noodle legs :P

- - - Updated - - -

dont they say in the behind the scenes footage that the chest is all puffed out because they were going for that kind of cartoony "superman pose" thing?

they're meant to be all chest out and whatnot

- - - Updated - - -

draenei males remind me alot of colossus from x-men

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not with them wiggly lookin noodle legs :P

- - - Updated - - -

dont they say in the behind the scenes footage that the chest is all puffed out because they were going for that kind of cartoony "superman pose" thing?

they're meant to be all chest out and whatnot
    Yes, exactly. Think Batman the animated series from the 90s style. But people are soooo serious and can't loosen up a procedural world view or somethin'.
    Every in game model being a caricature has a pinch of silly put into it. I just wish the orcs didn't end up getting turned into hunchbacks when their time came.