Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Am I the only one who thinks that Ogres would be a waste of a playable race slot?

I just don't like them. I don't see why people would want to play them either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    Just because you dont like them, doesnt mean that many other people wouldn't like them. Its quite frankly amazing that they were not part of the horde from the Vanilla days because they were always in the horde ranks in all the RTS games. They are a race that horde have been asking for, for a long long time.

They should have been a playable race since the beginning. There has been a faction of them in the Horde since WC3.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

They're an iconic Horde race. Problem for the Alliance is that there isn't a really good race that hasn't seen the light of day in some fashion already and will never get introduced. Then there's that whole size issue.

What if you get a 2-headed one? Would you need 2 helms or? :P

Who WOULDN'T want to be a big, fat ogre? Of course, you'd probably kill most of your mounts by using them, but still, it would be amazing.

They just seem like a big, slow and generally stupid race. Their casters are probably intelligent but they're still slow.

Compared to Tauren or Draenei, I don't see them being fun in PvP. If they were put into the game, we would probably get the really small Ogres that are the size of Tauren.

I don't know I never saw the appeal of playing as an ogre. What is it about them that appeals to people is what I'm wondering.

While I get the attraction to tradition, I'd rather they add an entirely new race that exemplifies the Horde's personality: Outcasts. While some stray Ogres could fit that in-and-of themselves, the race itself is too close to "the biggest fish in the pond" for that feeling in this expansion.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

15+ Year Old Account
    btw if they're ever introduced they HAVE to fall flat on their stomach when they die. with their butts facing the sky. it helps if their armor leaves them with bare-butts.

old-school warcraft fans get what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Who WOULDN'T want to be a big, fat ogre? Of course, you'd probably kill most of your mounts by using them, but still, it would be amazing.
    Me.

I hate ugly races.

not every race is meant to appeal to YOU.

ogres are well liked by a large portion of the playerbase, they are an iconic member of the horde since the very first warcraft games, with warlords of draenor they now have a rich and unique history.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Tbh I'd rather play an Ethereal over an Ogre for the horde. Plus the updated models that I've seen for them in WoD makes them look even more goofy than before.

You sir are suffering from the ‘Everyman Disease’, you do not represent everyone, you do not represent the majority, you only represent you.

As far as I am concerned creating new races does not mess with the balance of the game like creating new classes does so as far as I am concerned they can add hundreds of races to the game as long as someone out there chooses to spend time playing that character. If they are playing the game at least I have someone to play with, someone is buying my mats, someone is there to fill the queues.

If you suffer from Everyman Disease disconnect your computer from the internet and seek out real people.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2014-04-11 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    I would love to play as a beautiful ogre lady. :>

I just don't like blood elfs. I don't see why other people would want to play them either.

I like them and there appear to be other who like the idea of them as a playable race aswell, give them OP racials and the race is a guarenteed succes! As for no alliance race counterpart, the night elves have been friendly with a furbolg tribe since WC3 aswell. I'm guessing size is one of the reasons why they're hesitant to implement them as a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They should have been a playable race since the beginning. There has been a faction of them in the Horde since WC3.
    Ogres were in WC2, esp in multiplayer the bloodlusted ogres were the most OP things since USA got the atom bomb
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Me.

I hate ugly races.
    Luckily for you, they'd probably be on the Horde side.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Tbh I'd rather play an Ethereal over an Ogre for the horde. Plus the updated models that I've seen for them in WoD makes them look even more goofy than before.
    Fair point. Ethereals are pretty cool. Though I would still prefer ogres since they're way more iconic to the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Ogres were in WC2, esp in multiplayer the bloodlusted ogres were the most OP things since USA got the atom bomb
    Cool? I know they were in WC2, but they never officially joined the Horde until WC3.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you no like ogre? me want to play ogre so bad
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2014-04-11 at 07:47 PM.