Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Problems with Heroic Garrosh

Hello all.

We are having a hard time on Heroic Garrosh (10m). Specifically when we get to the Jade Serpent Temple (some times even on 1st phase, more below =p). I'm currently the MT, but I let the OT (Pally) start so he can help on healing with the hammer thing.

We manage to get to 26 energy one point, the others is aways between 28 and 31. Are we just too slow or there is any kind of mechanic that accelerate Garrosh's energy? We got the info that, once all adds are dead, we must engage combat with him, or he will keep getting energy. From what I'm doing, I think it's the fastest I can do: Heroic Leap on adds to the right with TC, then Shockwave. If there's a cast (usually there's 2 casting in this point) I use Disrupting Shout. Then they die and I run to the near-Garrosh-left adds, where (most times) we die because no one can interrupt/stun/blind/etc.

From what Im seeing in recounts, there's about 2~3 people really doing DPS, the others are like throwing wet paper balls on the adds (maybe this is the cause we can't get past this phase), but I want to know if, at least, I am doing something wrong.

The other times where there is a wipe, is usually by the time the second wave of Korkron appear. I try using Mocking Banner (kind of in the hopes for it to work), Shockwave them, then the mage freezes and, by the time it ends, I use Intimidating shout too. Then the Paladin DPS dies. I stay almost kissing those ugly bastards, but I thing they just don't like Pallies? By the time the Death Star starts rolling, the Shamman knock them back and it's all good... until we die in the next phase, like explained above.

The logs are here: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/2700. Any help is greatly welcome.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Enyasi; 2014-04-09 at 04:52 AM. Reason: typos
    Fëll, The Last Warning - 14/14H 8h/week.

Watch us here or here.

Wrong forum but I'll answer anyway.

Do you have an other DPS sitting on the bench? the fight is a lot easier if you solo heal it. Yes you don't have to do it anymore unlike the first few guilds who killed it but it just makes the fight so much easier (1st transmission a lot easier, skipping 2nd transmission, only one empowered WC)

Concerning the first transmission: Split up in 3 groups and kill left, right and middle first and then kill the right and left groups near garrosh.

Concerning the adds: Looks like you waste a lot of CC before they are empowered. Make sure to CC them when Garrosh buffs them with his Cry.

Sadly I can't do anything with your log

Warlocks and Rogues wreck the doubt adds in first transition. Hunters can too. Most other specs, especially any dot or ramp up classes will hit like a wet noodle compared to the others.

If you have a lock or rogue on the bench I would suggest bringing them in for some tries.

Deleted
    Bring a maximum of 3 non-dps, either 2 tanks + 1 heal or 1 tank + 2 heal. With a disc priest + prot paladin you can also run only 1 tank + 1 heal to further reduce the dps requirements. Having only one intermission and one empowered whirl is a great ease on the fight.

P1 does really suck as a ret pally. Just make sure your raid is using cc on the adds once they are empowered, besides that he just needs to have a finger hovering over his bubble key bind.

If you are running two tanks make sure both refresh their vengeance before T1. I can't do much with you logs, can't get them into english =(. From what I can see (I think I'm looking at T1 add damage Duvida Encarnada). Your rets damage looks kinda low, maybe you are pairing him with too strong of a dps. Make sure everyone is saving their dps CD's for T1. Also making sure that the raid is very evenly split in both damage and control is very important. For example a Combat rogue can kill a set alone, he just needs someone to aoe stun them during his Killing Spree and then maybe kick one after.

Deleted
    We are running

Prot warr
    Prot pala

Destro lock
    Ele shammy
    Boomkin
    2x fire mages
    ww monk

disc priest
    resto druid

We have been struggling in p1 and first transmission, often people dying to adds or first transmission we lack dps to kill the adds.
    What kind of groups would you suggest for us in transmission or what changes to our raid roster?

Deleted
    See two posts above, remove either one tank or one healer. If you stick with prot pala you can also only bring the disc priest if he feels confident with that and you bring another hybrid cooldown for the sole intermission and a whirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for those replies. We tryed some different approaches and change some people. Also, we started to Hero T1 and we can get Garrosh to about 22~23 energy. We also started doing with 1 Disc Priest yesterday, and it was kind of good. Didn't got to T2, but we could see that our DPS would be enough to jump for P3.

@sacredknight yes, the "Dúvida" (Doubt) is the add in that phase. The Protadin was going with the Rogue, but we changed so he would go with the Warlock (since the damage of the Warlock in that phase was pretty lamme before). We got all set now, and I thing we got the guts to do this now.

Thanks for everyones help.

Watch us here or here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    See two posts above, remove either one tank or one healer. If you stick with prot pala you can also only bring the disc priest if he feels confident with that and you bring another hybrid cooldown for the sole intermission and a whirl.
    Is it doable with warrior solo tanking ? In that case what would you suggest us to change

Warrior and Paladin can solo tank it and both are quite good at it.

In the end it all depends on your raids abilities. Try things out and see if it works. My raid decided to go for only a single healer because there isn't that much to heal anyway. You have some spikes during whirling corruption but that's covered easily enough with raid cooldowns. I think we've once had our healer die at the end of p2 and we still nearly killed it (weren't lacking heal... we didn't spawn a star)

Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Is it doable with warrior solo tanking ? In that case what would you suggest us to change
    You can solo it as a prot warrior, I've generally done it on 25H. The issue though, is you end up taking between 8-12 stacks of the shadow debuff in phase 2. Which ends up hitting considerably hard (10 stacks was 450k/sec for me).

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    You can solo it as a prot warrior, I've generally done it on 25H. The issue though, is you end up taking between 8-12 stacks of the shadow debuff in phase 2. Which ends up hitting considerably hard (10 stacks was 450k/sec for me).
    Prot is still very easy to solo tank with, Shield Barrier scales insanely well with Vengeance.

Deleted
    Mocking Banner does not work in P1.
    Try to stack up as much as possible with others so adds will fixate on you also.

Deleted
    This is our raid comp for tonight.

Tanks:
    Prot Warrior (Me)
    Brew Monk

Healers:

Disc Priest
    Resto Druid

DPS:
    Destro Lock x2
    Ele Shaman
    SV Hunter
    Enhancement Shaman
    Fire Mage

How would you group us for first intermission phase? Who goes to which pack etc. We are having trouble clearing the room with 25energy on boss.

This is our raid comp for tonight.

Tanks:
    Prot Warrior (Me)
    Brew Monk

Healers:

Disc Priest
    Resto Druid

DPS:
    Destro Lock x2
    Ele Shaman
    SV Hunter
    Enhancement Shaman
    Fire Mage

How would you group us for first intermission phase? Who goes to which pack etc. We are having trouble clearing the room with 25energy on boss.
    I've only killed him on 25, but afaik you only want 1 healer on 10 man.

Alot of guilds have changed to single heal or single tank with all the gear acquired, but even with 2 tanks/2heals you can easily make the dps/time check in the first transition if done properly. As a prot warrior you want to get as much vengeance in p1 as possible. This will allow you to pretty much solo a pack in the first transition. I typically let 1 class toss a quick aoe on the pack as they are running by and I solo it by myself. This will free up dps to focus on the other packs. As long as the rest of your raid including your healers are doing what they need to dps/interrupt wise you should be able to get under 25 energy consistently.

Make sure you are spec'd into shockwave if you are going to solo a pack. I lead off with heroic leap into the group, followed by a TC and shockwave as they start their first cast. Then berserker rage to stay enraged and revenge/shield slam until they start second cast and disrupting shout. You will most likely get an ultimatum proc for a free cleave as well, which always helps. At this point you should have at least 1 add dead and the others low and you can finish them off before the 3rd cast.
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced

Deleted
    Here are logs from our last raid http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yn1q9t8hhe7e7nep/

We got to 24 energy on T1 only on our last try, if any1 could check what we could do better would be awesome !

Deleted
    - Bring one less tank or healer, seriously that's the best thing you could do here. If you really want to stick with your current roster for whatever reason just pop bloodlust 10-15 seconds before entering the intermission and recheck your potion/cooldown usage there to make sure it's not a question of a mere second
    - Can anyone else handle the engineer? Destruction warlocks are argueable the strongest aoe class in the game (due to how their mastery work), having both on the adds should reduce the risk of dying to them tremendously. We never bothered with the iron star for killing them of, it's just to risky to have those adds around for half a minute.
    - Stop dieing to Annihilate. It's not hard, stay on the boss and stop wasting progress time on such a trivial mechanic. I just skimmed through some longer tries and it's hilarious. If anybody misses the buff have them use personals they might've used on the whirl, better getting there than dieing beforehand.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yn...pes&boss=71865 if all of your team manage to get the buff it should get tremendously easier to heal through it, allowing your tanks to eat more stacks for additional vengeance and basically makes it safer.

Don't forget that this fight like all major endboss fights is a dance, you need to learn all steps and repeat those over and over. A lucky 24 energy try won't help you with that and you need consitence in your tactic, you don't want to waste half of your progress wiping *before* your next actual progress step, ie in the intermission because the wrong people didn't get a buff or couldn't achieve a lucky crit chain.

Haven't seen a log of solo tank + solo healing it with a warrior, but solo tank + duo heal works just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    - Bring one less tank or healer, seriously that's the best thing you could do here. If you really want to stick with your current roster for whatever reason just pop bloodlust 10-15 seconds before entering the intermission and recheck your potion/cooldown usage there to make sure it's not a question of a mere second
    - Can anyone else handle the engineer? Destruction warlocks are argueable the strongest aoe class in the game (due to how their mastery work), having both on the adds should reduce the risk of dying to them tremendously. We never bothered with the iron star for killing them of, it's just to risky to have those adds around for half a minute.
    - Stop dieing to Annihilate. It's not hard, stay on the boss and stop wasting progress time on such a trivial mechanic. I just skimmed through some longer tries and it's hilarious. If anybody misses the buff have them use personals they might've used on the whirl, better getting there than dieing beforehand.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yn...pes&boss=71865 if all of your team manage to get the buff it should get tremendously easier to heal through it, allowing your tanks to eat more stacks for additional vengeance and basically makes it safer.

Don't forget that this fight like all major endboss fights is a dance, you need to learn all steps and repeat those over and over. A lucky 24 energy try won't help you with that and you need consitence in your tactic, you don't want to waste half of your progress wiping *before* your next actual progress step, ie in the intermission because the wrong people didn't get a buff or couldn't achieve a lucky crit chain.

Haven't seen a log of solo tank + solo healing it with a warrior, but solo tank + duo heal works just fine.
    Okey thanks for advices. We just started training Garrosh so I think we can pull a lot of better tries after few more raid nights. Dunno about the Engineer as I am the tank I dont really know which classes are good at killing the Engineer, too bad we lack rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another question poped up: do Intimidating Shout work on Doubt Adds? Have anyone tested? Thanks

Watch us here or here.