Deleted

Warock green fire question.

I am at the end of green fire questline, but I have a question and not sure if even someoen have a answer for it, but there it is. When I reach the green fire is the next fire spells (in WoD) also green or not???

There are no new spells in WoD, as far as I am aware.

Deleted
    Pretty sure the level 100 talent Cataclysm is a Fire spell and, as such, will most likely be recolored.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it's a level 100 talent, but it's a talent and there are probably more. Regardless, green fire is unlikely to be a temporary thing, meaning potential new fire spells will be green as well.

I find it unlikely that any potential future fire spells would not be affected by the green fire. So Cataclysm, as the Captain states, will probably be green too.

Haha, I forgot Cataclysm was even going to be a thing. I'm focused on that Charred Remains talent. AOE Chaos Bolt woo.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not bothering with this quest. Apart from the difficulty, it isn't worth it just for a visual change. I decided to stick with an uncorrupted/"Phoenix from Xmen" style look for my Warlock

Deleted
    No way to know for sure, but it definitely seems likely that those spells will be green as well.

I just started doing this quest (someone was selling the item that starts it for about 40% normal price in AH), and got to the final boss. I just came back to wow and never played Warlock before (Timeless Isle gear), so it is a little hard. So far, I am doing quite well but stuggle to get the fel hunters down in time. But I only tried 5 times maybe and feel like a got a pretty good grasp of the fight.

Honestly one of the more fun things I have done in WoW. I do not mind the challenge. In fact I think the challenge is part of what makes it worth doing. Even if it would take me 30 more tries I wont mind. Just more satisfying and rewarding when I finally get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I just started doing this quest (someone was selling the item that starts it for about 40% normal price in AH), and got to the final boss. I just came back to wow and never played Warlock before (Timeless Isle gear), so it is a little hard. So far, I am doing quite well but stuggle to get the fel hunters down in time. But I only tried 5 times maybe and feel like a got a pretty good grasp of the fight.
    Just put your pitlord on passive, move him to the other side.
    Then rain of fire the gate and walk in the opposite direction!

I did it on the 2nd try on my 2nd lock last night!
    Last edited by mmocc25885c265; 2014-04-14 at 10:25 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post

I did it on the 2nd try on my 2nd lock last night ^^!
    Bwaaaaahahaha, assumption ftl, we didn't read at all did we? Happens to the best of us

OT: yah cataclys will get coloured you can bet your nerfed out gateway.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I did it on the 2nd try on my 2nd lock last night ^^!

This is so great. LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Bwaaaaahahaha, assumption ftl, we didn't read at all did we? Happens to the best of us

OT: yah cataclys will get coloured you can bet your nerfed out gateway.
    I didn't notice the part of him not being able to dps hard enough, my bad .
    Ah well, i'll let it stay so any others having trouble with it like i did the first time know the extreme, unbelievably hard trick to doing it /sarcasmoff
    Last edited by mmocc25885c265; 2014-04-14 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    I didn't notice the part of him not being able to dps hard enough, my bad .
    Ah well, i'll let it stay so any others having trouble with it like i did the first time know the extreme, unbelievably hard trick to doing it /sarcasmoff
    Still appreciate the help. Will give it a few more tries today. I just followed some strategy that I read and was actually able to keep the felhunters from cancelling the enslave. The problem I ran into was that I was still trying to kill the fel hunters when the boss already started to cast the next chaos bolt, and teleporting with the fel hunters still alive just made everything a big mess. Gonna try whether glyph of havoc might help me out in that regard. I think that if I find a method of getting them down fast enough, I will have a good shot at killing him. I do not feel like waiting for a higher ilevel, though that might also solve this particular problem.

Still appreciate the help. Will give it a few more tries today. I just followed some strategy that I read and was actually able to keep the felhunters from cancelling the enslave. The problem I ran into was that I was still trying to kill the fel hunters when the boss already started to cast the next chaos bolt, and teleporting with the fel hunters still alive just made everything a big mess. Gonna try whether glyph of havoc might help me out in that regard. I think that if I find a method of getting them down fast enough, I will have a good shot at killing him. I do not feel like waiting for a higher ilevel, though that might also solve this particular problem.
    I would just save embers for them. DPS on the boss is really not a problem (particularly in timeless gear and beyond), so just skip burn phases on him. Cast an occasional chaos bolt to avoid capping, but save your burns for the fel hunters. Havoc one, chaos the other, then conflag x2 and incinerate as much as necessary for the last. With any decent amount of gear (500+ average) you should be killing the first two felhunters with the single chaos bolt, and the last one will go down in 5s or so.

By saving your embers you also give yourself some room for error on taking damage. Ember tap is very very powerful. The fight is made much easier if you sac imp, use the dispel on cooldown, and macro the pit lord to cast his fel flame breath on you. By doing that, you can dispel yourself completely and use his breath on the imps by standing between him and the gate. Between that and fire and brimstone, they should be cake. Macro the charge as well, but be careful not to hit it accidentally. You can't be lazy and use it on a chaos bolt either, because if you're unlucky, he'll turn around and cataclysm you, and there goes another attempt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordcrimmeh View Post
    I would just save embers for them. DPS on the boss is really not a problem (particularly in timeless gear and beyond), so just skip burn phases on him. Cast an occasional chaos bolt to avoid capping, but save your burns for the fel hunters. Havoc one, chaos the other, then conflag x2 and incinerate as much as necessary for the last. With any decent amount of gear (500+ average) you should be killing the first two felhunters with the single chaos bolt, and the last one will go down in 5s or so.

By saving your embers you also give yourself some room for error on taking damage. Ember tap is very very powerful. The fight is made much easier if you sac imp, use the dispel on cooldown, and macro the pit lord to cast his fel flame breath on you. By doing that, you can dispel yourself completely and use his breath on the imps by standing between him and the gate. Between that and fire and brimstone, they should be cake. Macro the charge as well, but be careful not to hit it accidentally. You can't be lazy and use it on a chaos bolt either, because if you're unlucky, he'll turn around and cataclysm you, and there goes another attempt.
    Thanks for the info!

With my current gear (it is not full timeless isle, still some greens even ) I do not kill the fel hunters with just one chaos bolt. If I would kill the first two immediately and could move on to the third right away, this phase would be way, way easier. Will check if maybe food might help me out here.

I do not always die from the fel hunters, but I make it like 1 out of 4 times currently, which is not enough, especially if there is a second fel hunter phase. Will keep at it XD. It is not really all that frustrating because I know exactly what I die from and what I should do about it. But I think if your gear is above ilvl 500 this encounter is easier just because of the fel hunter phase (imp phase would be easier too, though it is quite manageable at <500 too). Other than that, there are a lot of the same challenges as you will still have to stick with the strategy. I don't think anyone can face roll this.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info!

With my current gear (it is not full timeless isle, still some greens even ) I do not kill the fel hunters with just one chaos bolt. If I would kill the first two immediately and could move on to the third right away, this phase would be way, way easier. Will check if maybe food might help me out here.

I do not always die from the fel hunters, but I make it like 1 out of 4 times currently, which is not enough, especially if there is a second fel hunter phase. Will keep at it XD. It is not really all that frustrating because I know exactly what I die from and what I should do about it. But I think if your gear is above ilvl 500 this encounter is easier just because of the fel hunter phase (imp phase would be easier too, though it is quite manageable at <500 too). Other than that, there are a lot of the same challenges as you will still have to stick with the strategy. I don't think anyone can face roll this.
    As you already said Glyph of havoc can be great for the felhunter phase, if your taking too much damage just spam the pitlords siphon instead of ember tapping.
    If it still won't work after all those tries try getting your hand on a SoO LFR weapon. I betcha you will make it on the first next try .

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I'm not bothering with this quest. Apart from the difficulty, it isn't worth it just for a visual change. I decided to stick with an uncorrupted/"Phoenix from Xmen" style look for my Warlock
    Quest reward may be debatable (as for me I like ma fel fire!), but IMO the quest itself is worth, story and gameplay wise. Kanrethad is an awesome designed boss fight (not really hard but still well thought).

I wish all scenarios got this kind of depth.

Also, you can switch back anytime to your "uncorrupted phoenix from X-Men". Isn't this too Mage-ish btw?

I guess the Demonic servitude talent will make it so you can permanently see your green abyssal if you so choose.

Deleted
    Got my green fire today! Thanks for the help in this thread.

Decided to postpone until my ilevel was past 500 (I did not even have full timeless isle gear on my first attempts).

For me, the key was the fel hunters and being able to kill them in time and without them dispelling my pitlord enslave. I used a strategy that is slightly different from what I read in guides. I used Glyph of Havoc. When the first Fel hunter comes through the gate I DPS it immediately, making sure I Shadowburn it when it is <20%. This gives me at least 2 burning embers. I cast havoc on the next fel hunter, and 2xchaos bolt the third (due to glyph of havoc both hit both fel hunters, killing them). This strategy is easy to do, and I was able to kill the fel hunters swiftly every time.

The other part of the fel hunter phase that was important is to "park" your pit lord on the opposite side of the gate, while you stand on one side, and making sure you kill the fel hunters facing away from him. When I realized that even just a side-view of the pit lord would make the fel hunters dispel the enslave, things got way easier and I understood how positioning would let me avoid that.

All in all it must have taken me at least 10 tries before I felt like I understood the encounter. 10 more to get familiar with the mechanics and learn how to execute the strategy. When I understood everything, and knew exactly what to do, it took another 10 tries to kill him. I did not use any purification potions, food or anything else and was able to complete it around ilevel 510.

Looking back, there are things I could have done differently that would have made the encounter much easier. For example, I could have feared the pit lord when he was summoned for an extra 20 seconds of all out DPS on the boss. I also could have made sure to always have two burning embers so I could chaos bolt the boss twice whenever he was stunned. I also could have stunned him in the first phase before the imps for extra damage, since it will be a while before he casts cataclysm at that point. I was planning to do all those things but killed him before I actually got a chance to try.
    Last edited by mmocf62d1a5195; 2014-05-06 at 08:53 AM.

I started this quest yesterday. I have full epic gear. A combination of Timeless and ToT and SoO LFR gear. Upgraded as much as possible. I can't get past the first boss, let alone think about anything past that. I'd be fine if I could kill the adds but nothing I do works. I do Fire and Brimstone followed by Immolate and Rain of Fire. It doesn't seem to phase them very much at all. I even add in the Infernal when I can. I tried at least 20 times and only got him down to 20% twice. I started with over 1000g and now I have less than 200. I guess I have to give up for a while.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2014-05-17 at 08:32 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I started this quest yesterday. I have full epic gear. A combination of Timeless and ToT and SoO LFR gear. Upgraded as much as possible. I can't get past the first boss, let alone think about anything past that. I'd be fine if I could kill the adds but nothing I do works. I do Fire and Brimstone followed by Immolate and Rain of Fire. It doesn't seem to phase them very much at all. I even add in the Infernal when I can. I tried at least 20 times and only got him down to 20% twice. I started with over 1000g and now I have less than 200.
    while gear does help, this quest is just meant to test your skills as a lock, i'd say, i did it in 496 gear back when it came out, it was hard, i tried about 100+ times until i got the timing right.

With SoO gear i'd imagine the quest is TOO easy nowadays.