10+ Year Old Account

Ideas for alternative lvl 100 talents for Holy and Disc

Hi!

First of all, I'm a bit worried about alpha's lvl 100 talents, especially for Holy and Disc, even if WoD is still in such an early stage of development. I've been a healer for all my game time and I don't think nor feel any of those talents are actually helpful at all. As a consequence, I'd like to share with you some alternatives for Holy and Disc that I'm sure that would be more interesting. I'm also curious to see your own ideas and opinions

So, here we go.

Holy

[Clarity of Spirit]: your Chakra states now manifest as Auras and grant passive buffs to your party or raid members. These buffs do not stack if there are two or more Holy priests using the same Aura. In addition, your Holy Word spells are improved and have different effects:
    • [Aura of Serenity]: in addition to its other effects, increases all direct healing done by all party or raid members under healer specialization by 5%. Your Holy Word: Serenity now has 30% chance to not trigger its cooldown.
    • [Aura of Sanctuary]: in addition to its other effects, increases all area healing done by all party or raid members under healer specialization by 5%. Your Holy Word: Sanctuary now heals all allies within 40 yd range. Units closer to the priest will receive a greater amount of healing.
    • [Aura of Chastise]: in addition to its other effects, increases all damage dealt by all party or raid members under healer specialization by 10%. Your Holy Word: Chastise now also dazzles for 3 sec all enemies that are in melee range of your target.

[Our spirits are one]: grants defensive and support effects to a number of spells.
    • [Spiritual Unity]: redistributes your and your target's health percentages, so that both end up with the same percentage. For example, if the priest has 80% health and his target 20%, Spiritual Unity will make both have 50%. 12 sec CD, replaces Binding Heal.
    • [Guardian Spirit]: now also reduces damage taken by 20% and increases the healing effect after getting a mortal blow to 100% (healing reduction effects still apply). Also, if the death-ward effect does not trigger, the cooldown of Guardian Spirit is reduced to 1 min.
    • [Holy Word: Serenity]: in addition to increasing critical heal chance on the target, the target's health cannot be lowered for the first 1 second of its duration.
    • [Holy Word: Sanctuary]: now causes friendly units over the Sanctuary to receive 10% more healing from the priest.
    • [Holy Word: Chastise]: after the dazzle effect expires, the target deals 25% less damage for the next 6 sec. Less on players.

[Echo of Heaven]: Renew and Prayer of Mending critical heals have a 20% chance to call down an angelic apparition that travels to a damaged friendly unit, healing the same amount that the heal that triggered the proc. Proc chance and healing increases by a x% equal to your mastery level. Proc chance is reduced if Renew is active on multiple targets.

Discipline

[Clarity of Will]: whenever you cast Power Word: Shield, the cooldowns of Spirit Shell, Power Word: Barrier and Pain Suppression are reduced by 1 sec, 3 sec and 2 sec respectively. (I personally don't like this one much, but it was worth a try :P)

[Light's Expanse]: critical heals from Holy Nova have a x% chance to trigger another Holy Nova on that unit. This effect can chain twice, but the chance to chain is reduced on the successive procs. In addition, casting Holy Nova increases the healing of your next Cascade, Divine Star and Halo by 2%, stacking up to 10 times.

[Saving Grace]: using direct healing spells on targets affected by Weakened Soul grants Saving Grace, which reduces the mana cost and increases the absorb of Power Word: Shield by 10%. Saving Grace stacks up to 5 times.

I was kind of running out of ideas when making up Disc talents, but I absolutely love the novaspam one.

At first sight Holy talents can seem complicated, but they are pretty simple actually. Probably the one that needs most review is 'Our spirits are one' because it brings up serious balancing issues with the percent equalizer or 1 sec 'immunity', but Holy needs strong support effects at the moment to be 'wanted and desired' in raid environments. The same happens with Clarity of Spirit, it supports other healers and grants the priest some benefits on Holy Word spells.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Azalar; 2014-04-11 at 06:27 PM.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

I think the current talents are fine and there's no good reason to change them. They each have their own respective niche and use for specific encounters. The Saving Grace ability may be interesting if we actually need to heal tanks, but really this just seems like change for the sake of change.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-04-11 at 07:46 PM.

I do enjoy the creativity. Keep it up! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I think the current talents are fine and there's no good reason to change them. They each have their own respective niche and use for specific encounters. The Saving Grace ability may be interesting if we actually need to heal tanks, but really this just seems like change for the sake of change.
    Well, that's not my case. I personally do not enjoy none of the current ones and feel they provide very few gameplay changes/fun/whatsoever. They're just plain boring and dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdev View Post
    I do enjoy the creativity. Keep it up! ^^
    Yay, thanks <3

Good work, I like your ideas, but for holy this would mean every priest would be forced into Clarity of Spirit for the raid utility and would have little choice of which chakra to use(not that I think chakras are a good design in the first place).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    Good work, I like your ideas, but for holy this would mean every priest would be forced into Clarity of Spirit for the raid utility and would have little choice of which chakra to use(not that I think chakras are a good design in the first place).
    I think Clarity of Spirit would be indeed a pretty solid talent for the raid support, but Our spirits are one can also be an extremely competent talent if used well. That said, I feel the latter is a lot harder to use, but also more rewarding. However, Echo of heaven can bring a nice throughput if chosen. Decisions, decisions