Mistweavers in Challenge Modes... any tips?

I'm 6x9/9 now, almost 8x, but this is the first time I've taken a Monk. Planning to do this as MW (I have another Monk that I'm going to use as BrM).

Anyone got MW-specific tips? Especially glyph suggestions... I haven't played MW much so I'm not too familiar with the glyph options. Also stat priority?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You can pretty much spam uplift and not have anyone die. use xuen and chi cocoon on big pulls. Get the amber pots from klaxxi area. you don't really need spirit. Make sure you have a good tank. Leg sweep is godly if your group isn't heavy on stuns. If it is use rop. GL

Just... uplift? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just... uplift? Seriously?
    MW Is probably the weakest healer to do CMs with. Honestly, I'd say stack int/crit and get the healing sphere glyph/Surging mist(If you have the meta)/Expel harm.

You're probably better off speccing ascension and making very liberal use of healing spheres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    MW Is probably the weakest healer to do CMs with. Honestly, I'd say stack int/crit and get the healing sphere glyph/Surging mist(If you have the meta)/Expel harm.

You're probably better off speccing ascension and making very liberal use of healing spheres.
    Wouldn't even suggest that to my worst enemy, and meta doesnt work in CM.
    Basically what Drunkenheal said. It was a walk in the park honestly.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2014-04-16 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Format

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    Wouldn't even suggest that to my worst enemy, and meta doesnt work in CM.
    Basically what Drunkenheal said. It was a walk in the park honestly.
    Key is a good tank though. If your tank is dying you either need to get a different healer or a different tank.

9/9 gold on my mw monk

-Keep Eveloping on the tank aswell as rem
    -Use Xuen/Rop--unless your group dosnt have many stuns then legsweep ( my group had blood/frost dk so double remorseless winters)
    -Glyphs - Detox/Surging mist/ Fortutitus [sp?] spheres incase you get low
    -remember to keep or place statue down
    -if at all possible grab a 1h/oh from ToT [ i had the heroic sword off jin'rohk and the OH off Qon---Able to use the wrathion item to socket it along with its own gem socket aswell as the socket in OH]

-Go with lowest Breakpoint then full crit i ran with somthing stupid like 4k spirit--just make sure your tank knows to stop pulling so you can use a klaxxi amber for a few seconds ( possibly roll ahead of group and start using one without pulling anything ofc)

-Get or try to obtain the Saylin warscout banner to drop combat easy aswell as the amber rod to CC a mob [ cause paralysis 20yd range blows ]

-15/18 second invis pots
    -Swap diffuse magic and dampen harm depending on dungeon

-make liberal use of Chi brew, its so much easier to heal with chi brew with its charges because of the extra manatea stacks

-FISTWEAVE most bosses you can afford to fistweave for extra damage with your statue down to help with minimal healing

-since its only 5man in most cases you dont need to tft-uplift for tank heavy damage its okay to save it for that OHFUCK surging save
    also if you pop life cocoon on a tank be sure to try and throw an Enveloping on him for the +50% hot effect from cocoon, helps alot.
    Last edited by Recuperate; 2014-04-16 at 08:10 PM.

Don't uplift. A majority of chi should be spent on enveloping mist on the tank. Healing spheres are crazy good throughput when the tank is taking a lot damage if you can aim them well. Xuen is an incredible healing CD on AoE pulls. Don't be afraid to fistweave to meet the timer. Stack tons and tons of crit.

Despite common belief, mistweavers are no where as bad as people say they are in CMs.

Awesome, thanks guys. My instinct was to use Env on the tank rather than Uplift.

Luckily I do have a Salyin!

Here's my Monk so far, hoping for a better weapon at least, maybe trinks if I'm lucky (any recommendations?):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dflax/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Awesome, thanks guys. My instinct was to use Env on the tank rather than Uplift.

Luckily I do have a Salyin!

Here's my Monk so far, hoping for a better weapon at least, maybe trinks if I'm lucky (any recommendations?):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dflax/advanced
    As stated before, pretty much any weapon from throne of thunder LFR will work well. Though I would probably recommend trying to get the sha touched mace from empress or sha-touched staff from Lei Shi so you can use both the sha touched gem and the extra socket. (If you haven't done legendary on that character - start.) 620 extra intelligence can go an incredible distance given how anemic our single target heals tend to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    As stated before, pretty much any weapon from throne of thunder LFR will work well. Though I would probably recommend trying to get the sha touched mace from empress or sha-touched staff from Lei Shi so you can use both the sha touched gem and the extra socket. (If you haven't done legendary on that character - start.) 620 extra intelligence can go an incredible distance given how anemic our single target heals tend to be.
    The legendary gems don't work in CMs, only the Eye of the Black Prince which IIRC you get after killing the NPC in Krasarang. I've started the legendary chain on all my CM toons but never completed the first phase in the 1-2 week period I've spent gearing them. Sometimes I get close though, if I push out to a third week I might get the Eye.