Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Looking to see if anyone can see anything special I can do to improve my damage on Garrosh progress, during T1, P2 and P3 burst.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kMyGhjqAp2t8YgrR - As BM
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TjbmYX2kJFWHgq3t - As SV

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tcrit/advanced - Armory.

Deleted
    too tired atm, will check tomorrow for SV, im sure azor will take a look at BM

will edit

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll look when my power turns back on on my phone atm

I don't think there's a whole lot to do that isn't obvious, general rotation-style/cooldown management stuff, and that hugely depends on your tac for Garrosh, and what you are wiping to. If you can't make the DPS check, that's simply a case of not performing your rotation well enough/otherwise making mistakes or whatever, and at a (very) quick glance, things seem to be okay in that regard.

Also tell Skread he sucks from me, Joyful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Looking to see if anyone can see anything special I can do to improve my damage on Garrosh progress, during T1, P2 and P3 burst.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kMyGhjqAp2t8YgrR - As BM
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TjbmYX2kJFWHgq3t - As SV

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tcrit/advanced - Armory.
    For survival

your uptimes are super low, I dont know if you are doing engineers or what ever but here is an example of my hunters uptimes (and this is doing engineers too) http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=20 . I have more than twice as many explosive shots used and my kill was only 3 minutes longer than your wipe. Not really much to do, make sure black arrow is always on garrosh for max lnl and explosive shot uptime, I suggest using fervor over thrill of the hunt also. (but that doesnt really matter)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    I don't think there's a whole lot to do that isn't obvious, general rotation-style/cooldown management stuff, and that hugely depends on your tac for Garrosh, and what you are wiping to. If you can't make the DPS check, that's simply a case of not performing your rotation well enough/otherwise making mistakes or whatever, and at a (very) quick glance, things seem to be okay in that regard.

Also tell Skread he sucks from me, Joyful.
    For the BM log I think the issues we had was handling the empowered whirling adds properly, and a few attempts we had awful boss damage going in to T2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    For survival

your uptimes are super low, I dont know if you are doing engineers or what ever but here is an example of my hunters uptimes (and this is doing engineers too) http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=20 . I have more than twice as many explosive shots used and my kill was only 3 minutes longer than your wipe. Not really much to do, make sure black arrow is always on garrosh for max lnl and explosive shot uptime, I suggest using fervor over thrill of the hunt also. (but that doesnt really matter)
    I am on engineer duty but I'm shouldn't be losing more than around 5 explosives for that. But we are afk in T2 and we do stop dps for 10 sec to get a good push to P3

What's the benefit of fervor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    For the BM log I think the issues we had was handling the empowered whirling adds properly, and a few attempts we had awful boss damage going in to T2

I am on engineer duty but I'm shouldn't be losing more than around 5 explosives for that. But we are afk in T2 and we do stop dps for 10 sec to get a good push to P3

What's the benefit of fervor?
    fervor gives you more control, its a nice cd to have up every engineer too if you dont have a lnl procd (which you should). People doubt fervor a lot but i think I have proven through my logs that it is a very good talent on some fights, especially fights with a little aoe then a lot of single target or a mixture of both. I use it on about 8 out of 14 bosses this tier. It also makes the whole survival spec just feel better imo. It will buff your pets damage a little aswell. Its a preference thing ofc, but it wouldnt hurt to try it.

The only problem I've found with fervor is that the 4 set often makes it so that you won't use it on cd since you're already overflowing with focus.

It's nice to get off crows if you're at low focus or for some dry spells to get some more arcanes out but really I don't find it fits very well with the current survival playstyle.

Deleted
    fervor gives you more control, its a nice cd to have up every engineer too if you dont have a lnl procd (which you should). People doubt fervor a lot but i think I have proven through my logs that it is a very good talent on some fights, especially fights with a little aoe then a lot of single target or a mixture of both. I use it on about 8 out of 14 bosses this tier. It also makes the whole survival spec just feel better imo. It will buff your pets damage a little aswell. Its a preference thing ofc, but it wouldnt hurt to try it.
    Your logs don't really show much in that regard dude. Someone could take Dire beast and still get rank #2 on juggernaut, as long as they get the trinket procs in the correct places, and the RNG on crits. Taking a talent and parsing well with it doesn't necessarily mean it is the best choice. I'm not saying it isn't good either though, ToTH and Fervor are both viable choices for single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Your logs don't really show much in that regard dude. Someone could take Dire beast and still get rank #2 on juggernaut, as long as they get the trinket procs in the correct places, and the RNG on crits. Taking a talent and parsing well with it doesn't necessarily mean it is the best choice. I'm not saying it isn't good either though, ToTH and Fervor are both viable choices for single target.
    My trinket procs were meh though they weren't insane or anything I only had six procs compared to the number 1 parse which had 11 procs. Think that's a big difference. And I never said use fervor it's the best talent I said I prefer it and I have success with it which you can see in my logs. I'm pretty sure I always say it's a preference thing. About dire beast that talent sucks it's only a little Better for BM single target and that's with all that mastery added into it, it's dog shit for the other two specs

Fervor doesn't suck /omgazorsaidthat.

The value, though, comes hugely from the fact that it'll have your pet be doing more WH-basics (basics done at 50+ focus) that do double damage. This essentially never happens with ToTH, but with Fervor used fairly frequently, this will actually happen, and it's a significant pet DPS increase (about 9k), and is part of the reason why Fervor roflstomps ToTH in sims (other than the fact that the sim can't play ToTH very well at all). That, on top of how few Arcane Shots ToTH actually gives you in practice (with all the Explosives you're doing) and on top of the fact that Garrosh is a single-target DPS check for the most part pretty strongly supports KTB in his case for Fervor on a 100% logic/theorycrafting standpoint, but as with all such "preference" cases, your milage may vary.

The issue is that on good RNG attempts (LnL spam woo), ToTH -really- quickly loses value, and the extra, strong Arcane Shots it could've given you in the opener (assuming you had an opening LnL proc) can quickly turn into nothing. ToTH will boost your areas of low damage (where you're hoping for a proc) while Fervor remains quite strong across the board.

I'm not big on the "on-demand" argument for Fervor, though, because as the pet is the one actually getting a ton of benefit from it, that also sorta requires your pet to actually be around to do its WH-Basic, and in many of these supposed "on-demand" cases, you'll be bursting something down that your pet isn't on to start with/the target will be dead before your pet gets to it at all).

I'd still go ToTH, though. Or well, lies, I'd go BM with Dire Beast. ;p

Deleted
    Hey all, I have a quick question about the opening as survival if you pick TOTH instead of Fervor because it fucks up my AMOC.

I use the one RogerBrown explains in his guide over at the method site;

-03: Misdirect
    -02: Hunter's Mark
    -01: Potion + Rapid Fire + Glaive Toss (Since Glaive Toss doesn't pull a Boss until it actually reaches him, you can save a gcd by using it before the pull)
    +00: Explosive Shot
    +01: Black Arrow
    +02: Stampede
    +03: Serpent Sting
    +04: Fervor + Arcane Shot (AMoC here instead if you have it)
    +05: Arcane Shot
    +06: Explosive Shot (probably LnL has procced already by now so just spam the Explosive Shots)

So what do i change to make the opening as fluid as possible if you change Fervor with TOTH? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Hey all, I have a quick question about the opening as survival if you pick TOTH instead of Fervor because it fucks up my AMOC.

I use the one RogerBrown explains in his guide over at the method site;

-03: Misdirect
    -02: Hunter's Mark
    -01: Potion + Rapid Fire + Glaive Toss (Since Glaive Toss doesn't pull a Boss until it actually reaches him, you can save a gcd by using it before the pull)
    +00: Explosive Shot
    +01: Black Arrow
    +02: Stampede
    +03: Serpent Sting
    +04: Fervor + Arcane Shot (AMoC here instead if you have it)
    +05: Arcane Shot
    +06: Explosive Shot (probably LnL has procced already by now so just spam the Explosive Shots)

So what do i change to make the opening as fluid as possible if you change Fervor with TOTH? Thanks in advance.
    I do this with toth

pre glaive toss at 2 seconds until pull
    pre pot
    explosive shot
    stampede/rapidfire
    serpent sting
    black arrow
    cobra shot
    amoc
    explosive

you can flip flop amoc and black arrow if you want I usually wait for all my procs or untill I havent casted everything else.

with fervor

pre gliave
    pre pot
    explosive shot
    stampede/rapidfire
    serpent sting
    black arrow/fervor
    amoc
    explosive

kinda depends of when trinkets and stuff proc. adjust on the fly. as long as you get everything up within like 5 seconds you should be fine. and hope you get a early lnl.
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2014-04-17 at 03:05 AM.

Deleted
    My trinket procs were meh though they weren't insane or anything I only had six procs compared to the number 1 parse which had 11 procs. Think that's a big difference. And I never said use fervor it's the best talent I said I prefer it and I have success with it which you can see in my logs.
    I don't mean to be downvote your rank, it's earned unlike some hunter logs. BUT 20% trinket uptime can beat 50% trinket uptime. How? Get those bloody procs same time you get your lock and load procs. Those trinket procs are useless if all you can do during that 10 second window is two explosive shots and few arcane shots. How do you get lnl proc during trinket procs in iron juggernaut type of fight? Easy, sacrifice goats.

And ppl wonder why some prefer BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    I don't mean to be downvote your rank, it's earned unlike some hunter logs. BUT 20% trinket uptime can beat 50% trinket uptime. How? Get those bloody procs same time you get your lock and load procs. Those trinket procs are useless if all you can do during that 10 second window is two explosive shots and few arcane shots. How do you get lnl proc during trinket procs in iron juggernaut type of fight? Easy, sacrifice goats.

BM parsing is all about rng tho too. Trinket procs during a bestal wrath etc. I'll prob switch back to BM soon I like all specs don't usually stick to one

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post

https://imgur.com/Iqug5YK

Not even that much overlapping, tho'.

BM Parsing is mostly about 2 procs in the opener, a proc or two on top of second Dextrous, and 1-2 on top of your last Stampede.

Deleted
    I do this with toth

pre glaive toss at 2 seconds until pull
    pre pot
    explosive shot
    stampede/rapidfire
    serpent sting
    black arrow
    cobra shot
    amoc
    explosive

you can flip flop amoc and black arrow if you want I usually wait for all my procs or untill I havent casted everything else.

with fervor

pre gliave
    pre pot
    explosive shot
    stampede/rapidfire
    serpent sting
    black arrow/fervor
    amoc
    explosive

kinda depends of when trinkets and stuff proc. adjust on the fly. as long as you get everything up within like 5 seconds you should be fine. and hope you get a early lnl.
    Thank you, this works wonders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    https://imgur.com/Iqug5YK

Not even that much overlapping, tho'.

BM Parsing is mostly about 2 procs in the opener, a proc or two on top of second Dextrous, and 1-2 on top of your last Stampede.
    I figured this, thanks for taking the time to show this. We can finally all agree that sacrificing goats does infact give you a good parse. No more doubters. Praise the fire god.

Hello,

I am a Survival Hunter. My guild is limited by having some "casuals" in the roster and also only a 6-7 hour a week raiding window. You will notice this if you choose to look over the logs.

Armory - us . battle . net/wow/en/character/Earthen%20Ring/Dherkin/advanced

www . worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-xekd7zyqwgqyrdbg/
    www . worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-8ftao89gd9d3yqnc/sum/damageDone/
    www . worldoflogs . com/reports/rt-twxo595iitc4tf2j/sum/damageDone/

There are a few logs to give you an idea. I figure the normal clear (the first one) will give you the best analysis since the guild is still 8/14 Heroic, and progression fights won't have as much accuracy. Tbh I am likely limited by my guild and would like to be able to compete more, but I figure before I even debate switching, having an idea of where I can improve from fellow SV hunters in ranking guilds would be useful.

ascendenceguild . enjin . com/ - That is the guild website with all of our recent logs listed on the left hand side. I would appreciate any input you have on my play. Thanks in advance. Also, yes, I know I am cursed with all of the hit gear.

Spec Beastmastery
    Item Level 567
    Expectations: 300k-350k DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azzie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: Warcraft Logs, not WoL: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bLV42cjmKWptMwN9
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A

Would like some outside comparison between myself (Spazzie) and our other Hunter (Beardfantasy). A "2 for 1 improvement session", if you will.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."