Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Paladin Tier 17?

Some of the new icons on the front page feature some icons that show what look like paladin armor, then seemingly confirmed when I noticed the icon names.

check these out. Do you think they're previews of the next tier? They're very draenei centric.

INV_Helm_Plate_RaidPaladin_O_01_1.jpg
    INV_Shoulder_Plate_RaidPaladin_O_01_1.jpg
    INV_Chest_Plate_RaidPaladin_O_01_1.jpg
    INV_Glove_Plate_RaidPaladin_O_01_1.jpg
    INV_Pant_Plate_RaidPaladin_O_01_1.jpg
    INV_Belt_Plate_RaidPaladin_O_01_1.jpg
    INV_Boot_Plate_RaidPaladin_O_01_1.jpg

I'd love to see more than 5pc teir sets though, belt and boots would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I'd love to see more than 5pc teir sets though, belt and boots would be awesome
    I see the belt and the boots... Don't you?

There is already discussion about this exact topic in the WoD ret megathread, not sure a 2nd thread is really needed
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    He/she means 5+ tier set bonuses, probably. Or just that belt/boots count towards the two 2/4 set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    There is already discussion about this exact topic in the WoD ret megathread, not sure a 2nd thread is really needed
    Considering that the Ret thread is quite long, and that this isnt exactly a ret only thing, it seems pretty fine that this has its own thread.

OT: I'd love for big tier sets to come back. With how gear switches on your spec, I feel like gearing up outside of tier either won't take long or will take forever depending on group size and composition.

This looks like a revised/updated Paladin T4.

Not that i'm complaining by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    This looks like a revised/updated Paladin T4.

Not that i'm complaining by any means.
    Yeah, looks like they crammed T4 and T5 together. I like it, thus far. Who knows what shinies are on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    I think that's just there because it's the pally tier match. I really can't imagine blizz going back to 8 piece sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I really can't imagine blizz going back to 8 piece sets.
    I really wish they would. Not even 8 piece; they can leave out the ring slot. I'd like all visible armour pieces (save perhaps for cloaks) to be incorporated into tier sets again however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I really wish they would. Not even 8 piece; they can leave out the ring slot. I'd like all visible armour pieces (save perhaps for cloaks) to be incorporated into tier sets again however.
    While I agree I think they should do that and STILL offer other non raid tier pieces incase tier doesn't drop but I doubt they'll go back. If they don't, WHAT THEY SHOULD DO is make the (Boots Belt and such) actually drop more. Matching pieces ftw.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    considering Justicar is my favourite set, and my current paladin is rocking full t4.

I gladly welcome an updated version of the set in high poly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    While I agree I think they should do that and STILL offer other non raid tier pieces incase tier doesn't drop but I doubt they'll go back. If they don't, WHAT THEY SHOULD DO is make the (Boots Belt and such) actually drop more. Matching pieces ftw.
    I'd be happy with that compromise. The worst thing is when they make sets that don't in fact have any matching belts/boots (a few of the T6 sets spring to mind, as well as several others). Thankfully to my knowledge, they haven't done that for quite some time however.

The only thing I didn't particularly like about Justicar was the whacky circlet (other than the perennial problem of metal bikinis), and I always loved how the set looked like a big, bulky set of plate armor. It basically looked exactly like what a Paladin should. I'd love for them to go back to that aesthetic.

I actually think a return (with slight modification) to the old T4 sets would be an awesome way to welcome us back to Outland/Draenor in general.

10+ Year Old Account

I really wanted a rugged theme for our next tier. Draenei-themed from BC was my least favorite of the paladin tiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It'll be the armor the Dreanei paladin were using in the BC cinematic looks like, a polished version
    Yeah. Like beefed up Tier 4.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Because I was bored

I'd love to see belts, boots, and wrists come back into the game. With items switching with specs, there would probably be fewer offset items, thus fewer chances for transmogs for the full set. At the moment, Healing plate uses the Paladin tier model, but with healing plate going away for just plate, getting a warrior, Death Knight and paladin look a like for each class to get full transmog may be too much bloat on the new loot table designs.

Also, love that it looks like an updated t4. Loved that set, Its just too... outdated. Maybe new Hammer of the Naaru?

Also, is it me or does the chest look like it extends to have 2 side guards over the legs, and the belt has 1 going under it? Maybe a new type of skirt look without having the full robe?
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2014-04-17 at 06:20 AM.

Looks pretty good, silver and gold and shiny Draenei purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Draigor View Post
    Because I was bored
    Haha nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.