Exclamation Movement Speed Changes: PvP Super Running!

Let's see...now any pally or DK with Pursuit of Justice/ Unholy Presence (15%), a speed enchant (10%), by it'self, allows for a passive 25% movement speed bonus from now on in 6.0. 25% passive movement speed! Toss that in with an aspect of the cheetah during a BG; then you got yourself up to 55% movement speed!

Oh, the PvPers are gonna love this new change!
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2014-04-19 at 12:57 AM.

We know that Speed will stack additively but does Cheetah currently do that as well because I thought it didn't.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    We know that Speed will stack additively but does Cheetah currently do that as well because I thought it didn't.
    The strongest temporary buff on the char at a time is the one that gets applied.

Don't forget that being a Night Elf will give you a bonus 2% or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The strongest temporary buff on the char at a time is the one that gets applied.
    Yeah but, If Cheetah is +30% and Speed is +10% (stacks additively, we know) that would be 40%. Unless Unholy/PoJ already stacks with Cheetah to begin with, which I wasn't aware of.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Night elf druids will be insane. Cat is 15%, 15% feral swiftness, 2% night elf, 10% enchant, and 15% pvp set would be 57% movement speed. I may be forgetting some as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Yeah but, If Cheetah is +30% and Speed is +10% (stacks additively, we know) that would be 40%. Unless Unholy/PoJ already stacks with Cheetah to begin with, which I wasn't aware of.
    Unholy Presence/Pursuit of Justice are passive bonus from stance/talent selections.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything this will compensate for the move while casting stuff people lose.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Unholy Presence/Pursuit of Justice are passive bonus from stance/talent selections.
    aspect of the cheetah is basically a passive too - it's from a stance. It's not like sprint or deaths advance or similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Most of what's listed in this thread already stacks. Cat form and its dash and stam roar, travel form, death's advance, Ghost wolf, ww stance all already stack right now on live.

Just about the only things on live that doesn't stack is rogue's Fleet Footed, sprint, burst of speed and pally's Pursuit of Justice unholy pres doesn't stack with boots enchant but does with death's advance currently.

While this will be a cleaner system overall with one set of rules overall most classes won't be any faster than today some will even be a little slower.

The pvp bonus it gone also cat is 25% and this adds to what I said currently feral with pvp set bonus in cat is 55% with wild charge in wod with the same talent would be 35% with feral swiftness would be 50% then with the feral perk it would be 55%. So if feral gives up its gap closer it can have what it does now.
    Cat has 5% with a new perk. So its 30% (Cat form) +15% (Feline Swiftness), +10% (Movement speed enchant), +2% (if Nelf). 55% without Nelf. That is slightly faster then now.
    Also, Dash will add a blank 70% onto that, for 125% movement speed, MUCH faster then now.
    Finally, there hasn't been a SINGLE PvP season in which the set bonus for ferals was NOT increased movement speed. Next expansion, all signs point to it being 15% increased movement speed (Probably not cumulative with Feline Swiftness yet again, so PvP ferals still go with charge/displacer beast)

Fortunately, this won't be as bad as start of MoP, when the movement speed stuff stacked real crazy like and druids could get to stupid amounts of speed. (A buff from a mob gave me 2000%(!) movement speed in Travel Form! It only lasted for 15 seconds, but that was plenty of time for me to go from the west side of Valley of the Four Winds all the way to the Jade Temple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Most of what's listed in this thread already stacks. Cat form and its dash and stam roar, travel form, death's advance, Ghost wolf, ww stance all already stack right now on live.

Just about the only things on live that doesn't stack is rogue's Fleet Footed, sprint, burst of speed and pally's Pursuit of Justice unholy pres doesn't stack with boots enchant but does with death's advance currently.

While this will be a cleaner system overall with one set of rules overall most classes won't be any faster than today some will even be a little slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    Night elf druids will be insane. Cat is 15%, 15% feral swiftness, 2% night elf, 10% enchant, and 15% pvp set would be 57% movement speed. I may be forgetting some as well.
    The pvp bonus it gone also cat is 25% and this adds to what I said currently feral with pvp set bonus in cat is 55% with wild charge in wod with the same talent would be 35% with feral swiftness would be 50% then with the feral perk it would be 55%. So if feral gives up its gap closer it can have what it does now.

Passive movement's live vs wod

live wod

ww 119% 120%
    Feral 155% 140%
    rogue 115% 125%
    warrior 108% 110%
    pally with Pursuit of Justice 115% 125%
    f dk 108% 110%
    uh dk if they come out of blood pres 115% 125%
    Enh 108% 110% Ghost wolf is currently 140% with enchant wod will still be 140%

So out of eight two are getting faster and one more if they take a talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Cat has 5% with a new perk. So its 30% (Cat form) +15% (Feline Swiftness), +10% (Movement speed enchant), +2% (if Nelf). 55% without Nelf. That is slightly faster then now.
    Also, Dash will add a blank 70% onto that, for 125% movement speed, MUCH faster then now.
    Finally, there hasn't been a SINGLE PvP season in which the set bonus for ferals was NOT increased movement speed. Next expansion, all signs point to it being 15% increased movement speed (Probably not cumulative with Feline Swiftness yet again, so PvP ferals still go with charge/displacer beast)
    Pvp bonus feral is 155% right now feral with no pvp bonus and Feline Swiftness is 155% right now that's not faster.

Dash on the current 155% feral makes it go to 205% wod's 140% feral's dash will go to 210% not really that big of jump.

And for the set bonus they have already said they are redoing all pvp set bonuses.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-04-19 at 02:25 AM.

I want a standard sprint button like Wildstar has and most every action RPG and shooter has had for 15 years, you pick up the pace pushing it to the limit and sprint for 10-15 seconds and then your stamina runs out.
    You haul ass with a special animation. And it would be different from rogue's dashing sprint that looks like the super powered Flash. It would look like a normal dude hauling ass for dear life while a giant hippo-saurus was right on his heels.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    All we can say is at least it's not multiplicative now. I could reach 400% every few minutes by using Ghost Wolf, Rocket Boots and Spirit Walk. I really hope they do something about shape-shifting out of snares and roots, too. If movement is going to be a lot more free due to the reduction of snares and roots, I think it should be nerfed to compensate otherwise Feral would still be stuck in Mists of Pandaria's movement meta while everyone else is as immobile as a Death Knight and unable to cast while moving to counter it.

Movement speed in PvP is getting increased, yet Blizzard say this game is designed to be playable at 200ms? Ok....

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shape shifting from snares was around when there was hardly any "moving while casting" spells.

They experimented once with removing shifting and it TOTALLY destroyed feral.

I started a Druid in Vanilla for their shapeshifting and if they change it from it again, I'm done for good.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can think of is Alterac Valley, 40 people with speed enchants.

And the Benny Hill theme going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Movement speed in PvP is getting increased, yet Blizzard say this game is designed to be playable at 200ms? Ok....
    Yes.. "playable" not "optimal"

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    And it is, remarkably so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am quite sure that the passive run speeds doesn't stack with Aspect - not 100% sure.. Though activated run speed does.

As well, the speed stats on gear, it still demands finding it. You cannot just go, "Speed on that, yay" since we don't have reforge. And even if you are going to run fast, range can still be a problem with dazing and the likes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Shape shifting from snares was around when there was hardly any "moving while casting" spells.

They experimented once with removing shifting and it TOTALLY destroyed feral.

I started a Druid in Vanilla for their shapeshifting and if they change it from it again, I'm done for good.
    It broke Feral in Cataclysm because of the currently already large amount of snares. The amount of snares barely changed from Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria, while the amount of movement increased. However, both of those are being reduced so snares aren't as dangerous as they were in Cataclysm. Feral is definitely one of the most mobile, if not the most mobile classes in the game because of being able to shape-shift out of roots with no penalty whatsoever in addition to its over compensating toolkit.

I'm not saying remove the ability to shape-shift out of roots and snares completely, I'm saying you should at the very least have a penalty for it such as an increased mana cost around the same as Emancipate (15% of base mana = 9000 mana) so you at least have to think twice about changing forms instead of spamming it mindlessly with its current 3.7%, or 2200 mana cost. No other class can permanently become immune to roots, snares and polymorph effects all at the same time, free of charge. It's stupidity, and it will be stupid especially in Warlords of Draenor if they don't change it because Feral will be even more mobile than before, being indirectly buffed because other classes have lost movement, the ability to cast on the move and snares or slows.

Feral players need to stop giving us this 'Cataclysm' bullshit and realize the meta has changed and you have to change with it.