Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If they're requesting something for you and you want the issue fixed is better to start being part of the solution instead of being part of the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a problem with my authenticator once (had one of the those crappy phone ones), phone was stolen so I submitted a ticket to Blizzard for them to fix. They requested my ID, I supplied it to them and viola! Problem resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    "It has only ever been logged in to from familiar IPs at " this can quite be faked too, you know.

As well, Blizzard does't react against inactive accounts if it appears that the user has wished to make it active.

I am sure, many doesn't seem to have problems, as well... It can be fixed so fast, a scan and 10-30 minutes, and it is fixed.

Their phone support is there, though flawed with the use of callback but was added as they were thinking it would assist people more to have no wait time on the phone, losing money. All we can see from their side, might just be that your account has been activated and serviced via your mail. Many inactive accounts end up being hacked due to the security of the users.
    In theory it could be, however I'd know before anyone had the chance and it would require a much more sophisticated operation to go to such lengths for thousands of end users...

I'm aware Blizzard don't act against inactive accounts, however they are capable of tracking them on their systems.

I found some old government issued ID that was suitable and sent it through. It took perhaps an hour, though that isn't all too terrible for a Saturday in the US. Time to try Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    In theory it could be, however I'd know before anyone had the chance and it would require a much more sophisticated operation to go to such lengths for thousands of end users...

I'm aware Blizzard don't act against inactive accounts, however they are capable of tracking them on their systems.

I found some old government issued ID that was suitable and sent it through. It took perhaps an hour, though that isn't all too terrible for a Saturday in the US. Time to try Hearthstone.
    So no one hacked your account and you made this rant for nothing? All you had to do was follow the steps given to you, geez who would have thought. Funny how you have a problem sending a copy of your id to a company you put credit card, name, address etc details to, who also has never had a data breach where any ones information was lost in a useable format.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    So no one hacked your account and you made this rant for nothing? All you had to do was follow the steps given to you, geez who would have thought. Funny how you have a problem sending a copy of your id to a company you put credit card, name, address etc details to, who also has never had a data breach where any ones information was lost in a useable format.
    Err... My password was reset, the other authenticator that wasn't issued by me was removed, and I've been restored control of my account and issued a new authenticator.

But, yeah, I'm not overly concerned about what I do with the details of my prepaid credit card, nor my post office box. I am somewhat more concerned about handing out copies of my ID.