10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I don't follow hockey too closely, but on the Avs goal, their player runs into and knocks down one defensemen, and that guy fell into another which caused the 2nd defensemen to also fall.

What's the definition of Interference?
    well the thing about hockey is that during OT and the playoffs the rules are unofficially slackened slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    stuff kept me away and I missed a whole lot of shitty

saw some of the Chi/St.L OT game, Miller was real sharp in the first OT had a feeling they might pull it out

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those who care, Guelph won game one of the Western Conference finals 5-4 last night. Tyler Bertuzzi had a pair for the Storm. Connor Brown had a goal for Erie and he is a Leafs prospect. The series is basically a who's who of draft selections like Kerby Rychel, Matt Finn, etc. Many of the players on both teams have players who were drafted. Connor McDavid from Erie and Ryan Fabbri from Guelph are among less then a dozen players not drafted yet between both teams.

So how about that MacKinnon kid throwing up 3 assists in his first playoff game? O_o

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    So how about that MacKinnon kid throwing up 3 assists in his first playoff game? O_o
    Including the game winning goal, kid is amazing. As much as I love Monahan, Mackinnon is incredible.

Had a feeling he'd come up big.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don trying to pronounce Russian names is hilarious.

What is it with the NHL these days and guys spearing other guys in the nuts? Seriously... what the fuck. I hope everyone who does it from now on gets a game suspension before it's just happening every game instead of 'just' two thirds.

Also.. 7 series that started before tonight, Game 1s combined for 53 goals (7.5 goals per game between both teams). The 8th one is 1-0. Love them playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NHL policing that behaviour isn't what they want. Because it is something that they want the players themselves to police. It makes for better TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The NHL policing that behaviour isn't what they want. Because it is something that they want the players themselves to police. It makes for better TV.
    Well its sad that even the players would need to police it in the first place. You gonna cheap shot a dude fine, but choose somewhere else. That move is something an 8 year old would pull.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well its sad that even the players would need to police it in the first place. You gonna cheap shot a dude fine, but choose somewhere else. That move is something an 8 year old would pull.
    Only girls hit boys in the nuts. There seems to be a natural code between most males that says hitting the balls is dirty. When I was a kid we only had to wear cups when sparring girls in karate classes, boys didn't kick each other in the nuts fairly often. Granted, it wasn't fair when you had to spar girls who were at least half a foot shorter then you and you could easily kick them in the head while they could barely kick above the waist.

Edit: In OHL news, Connor McDavid is overrated as hell. Erie got smashed by Guelph 7-2 last night, they will return home down 2-0 in the series. North Bay won game 1 against Oshawa 1-0 in the Eastern Conference finals. I reckon Guelph can sweep Erie out, they are a more mature and physical team with a lot of skill. The East finals will probably go a full 7 games unless NB can win game 2 on the road since they swiped home ice advantage with a game 1 win on the road.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2014-04-19 at 01:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping Dal Colle has a good playoffs so the Flames take him at 4. Also Getzlaf is a monster, Anaheim is looking pretty damn good after 2 games. Boston was a bit shaky, Detroit played a really solid game last night. I don't know what to think of any other series but the first 3 nights have had everything you could ask for.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-04-19 at 05:34 PM.

2 games makes not a player... how can you consider McDavid overrated when you need special permission to play in the OHL as young as he did? The kid is 17 and has more than a point per game in the playoffs. He's 3 points off the playoff leader. There's no guarantee he'll turn out like MacKinnon has so far, but there's no denying the kid is talented as hell.. that's why he's been analyzed so heavily since he was like 13.

People need to realize there will never be another Gretzky. Never. Not because there aren't players potentially as talented.. because the game is so different now. A 66-point rookie year by MacKinnon is phenomenal. A 100+point season by Crosby is just as astounding considering how low league totals were this year. There will never be another 70 goal rookie season. There will never be another 215 point season. Don't compare people to the past. Compare them to the players they play with today. McDavid dominated the OHL this year.. when he was 16 for half the season... the age of most guy's rookie seasons in the OHL. And he did so against guys who are probably mostly 18-20.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think if u had guys like Crosby or any elite player today really play back in Gretzky's time, they'd be just as good. The gap in technology for goaltenders plus overall skill of players in the game is massive. The goalies back then were tiny. Could you imagine Ben Bishop there? No fuckin way Wayne scores 200+ pts vs todays goaltenders. Not taking anything away from his legacy he'll always be the best player to ever play the game but it's just not the same.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 games makes not a player... how can you consider McDavid overrated when you need special permission to play in the OHL as young as he did? The kid is 17 and has more than a point per game in the playoffs. He's 3 points off the playoff leader. There's no guarantee he'll turn out like MacKinnon has so far, but there's no denying the kid is talented as hell.. that's why he's been analyzed so heavily since he was like 13.
    He is overrated because for all his hype and success in the OHL, he doesn't really show the maturity of a player ready to make the NHL and a lot of people figure he will make the Panthers roster right after he is drafted. He is getting pushed around a lot by guys in the OHL, I watched him get slammed into the boards with relative ease on Thursday night while in the offensive zone and the idiot Erie fans behind me were calling for a penalty on a legitimate body check. The kid looks frail, he is easily shoved off the puck by bigger players in the same league. Whoever was in net for Erie last night was terrible though, he let in a few really bad goals and their defense was pretty bad. There is no way Erie makes it past Guelph at this point unless McDavid can put on his Jesus gloves and start leading that team, which aside from him, Damien Fox and Connor Brown, doesn't have a whole lot of scoring talent on it.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2014-04-19 at 08:04 PM.

What is it with the NHL these days and guys spearing other guys in the nuts? Seriously... what the fuck. I hope everyone who does it from now on gets a game suspension before it's just happening every game instead of 'just' two thirds.

Also.. 7 series that started before tonight, Game 1s combined for 53 goals (7.5 goals per game between both teams). The 8th one is 1-0. Love them playoffs.
    Both Lucic and Giroux should have been suspended for the shit they pulled; you don't hit a guy in the nuts (bad enough he did it once earlier) and you don't take a baseball swing at someone. Waiting until people are actually injured just makes the NHL more of a joke when it comes to disciplinary actions.

Deleted
    I think Chicago is going to be sweept.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    I think Chicago is going to be sweept.
    How about now?

edit: So many damn Blackhawks fans there, jesus

Holy fuck, Backes just got rocked
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-04-19 at 09:46 PM.

Seabrook may be gone for a few games, he didn't leave his feet but he did get the head. Out for the rest of this one at least

No prior history, it's the playoffs... I'll be surprised if he gets more than 1.. maaaaaaybe 2. That fucking hit though, sweet jesus. What an impact.