View Poll Results: Should mirror image be a talent?

Voters
142. This poll is closed
  • Yes

51 35.92%
  • No Way!

45 31.69%
  • Dont care on the matter

46 32.39%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mirror image a level 90 talent?

i seriously hope this is a joke,

http://wod.wowhead.com/talent#mx|

im happy with finally getting blast wave back since it was removed pre-mop but im not happy about the mirror image becoming a talent, everyone elses opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    The spell will be a lot more powerful. It's currently just a rather unnecessary threat dump and a useful slow in PVP. I am not too keen on baking the glyph into the spell, unless you will be able to glyph it to also do frost damage in other specs. I don't have an issue with it becoming a talent given what you're getting in exchange.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    During the life of WoW has been normal that certain talents have become baseline spells available for all the mage specs. For example that happened with [Evocation], [Ice Block] or [Dragon's Breath] in the past.

What is not so normal is the opposite: making that some baseline spells become talents. In fact, that only occurred with [Scorch], but shortly after, it returned to be a baseline spell for the fire mages.

What mages cannot allow is that from an expansion to another, some baseline spells available to all mages such as [Mirror Image] or [Alter Time] become talents. Is absolutely intolerable!

The laziness and lack of imagination by the part of Blizzard are not enough reasons to commit the stupidity of fill the talent's gaps with spells that have been baseline. It's an outrage!
    With the amount of millions of dollars that each year earns Blizzard is unworthy that instead of creating new talents, they intend to make us settle for spells that we already had...

That is why we must oppose that Blizzard presents us spells that currently are baseline as new talents. They intend to steal spells we already have and then try to "sell" them to us as new talents... That is a crude hoax!
    Blizzard should think that mages are stupid! Although seeing the results of this poll it seems that Blizzard is not going very badly misguided...

[Mirror Image] and [Alter Time] should again be baseline spells immediately!

At best, we could accept that a new talent similar to [Greater Invisibility] that improves some baseline spell was created, but without "steal" the basic spell to anyone.

So I plead for the following:

Keep [Mirror Image] and [Alter Time] as baseline spells and, for example, for the level 90 talents create a new talent called [Greater Mirror Image] that enhances the [Mirror Image] spell for the mages who choose it, without having to steal the basic spell of the other mages who do not choose that talent.
    Last edited by Northem; 2014-04-19 at 07:42 PM.

Can we please not use this for pleas? This is not the place for them. Mirror Image was never really a good spell to begin with.. Sure it helped us with soloing, but it still does.. even as this talent. But now it does actual damage. And if it's balanced with the other 2 talents, it will be the largest burst out of all 3(unless they are 100% uptime), which will help our solo kills much more.

PvE people for the most part Mirror Image was used as an aggro dump and dps increase. But most of the time for me personally felt like a wasted button I pressed every 3 minutes. For PvP it didn't really do anything exept dropped targeting for a while.

Also this thread is not about Alter Time. Please do not make it about it.

idc that it's a talent, but the fact that it'll actually do useful damage is a major plus
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

guess we will have to start caringa bout our threat again.. after 6 years of not giving a damn...
    cuz having it as a dps cooldown seems rly annoying since it oftens tart shooting at random stuff..

Honestly I'm quite happy to have it become a talent if that means it does useful damage. Don't really have anything more to say about it than that.
    If a baseline spell becoming a talent seems to be good for the game then by all means they should do it rather than sitting on precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    guess we will have to start caringa bout our threat again.. after 6 years of not giving a damn...
    cuz having it as a dps cooldown seems rly annoying since it oftens tart shooting at random stuff..
    Nah, Blizzard don't want threat to really be something you worry about past "oops I pulled this" any more. Tanks should just baseline generate enough threat that you'll never have to care (and even if you do, there's invisibility).

Wasn't a fan when Lhiv talked about the possibility, but it's true they had a lot of talent space to fill after removing so much

I love the QoL it provides, never pulling threat on openers, using it to solo, dropping pet aggro in pvp, staying alive to mass res, snapshotting with a big long trinket proc, or out in the world play. It was a very functional spell for what it did. It'll be a shame if I never get to use it in PVE again if Incanter's Flow or RoP maths out better, all factors considered. Wondering how much of a nerf this is for old raid soloing since they're just as fragile but tied into a significant part of your damage now.

I've already read complaints about it potentially being OP in PVP, but like a lot of other spells we'll probably see a PVP coefficient. IMO it was a nice utility spell and I just wanted to see the DPS component removed.

Really not sure how they can balance the 90 tier, especially when a huge portion of our dps is tied into them (shouldn't be what talents are about). MI and RoP are polar opposites. Maybe in an ideal world we'd never take RoP for mythic raiding. Wish RoP was gone.

When you take MI, you're also at the mercy of pet AI, and they attack what you have the highest threat on, unless there's a workaround for that (I know there was one with Water Ele out, which felt like a bug). Need to switch to Elegon orbs, Crawler Mines, Unstable Anima, or Unstable Sparks? They'll just stick on the boss instead. That's a key flaw with the talent IMO.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-04-19 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all the level 100 talents look OP in some way or other. I think if it's blatantly OP, they'll bring it in line with Incanter's Floes. It is losing a PVP functionality for fire and arcane in that it won't be able to use Frostbolts anymore, which slow your foes. I wonder if you glyph AB to automatically apply Slow, whether this will apply to the MI spell too. It'd be very good if it did for arcane.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Do you guys think we should ask them to build /petattack functionality into MI? It'd go a long way towards our target switching potential. I'm not sure if it'd break anything in regards to how it currently auto attacks your highest threat target. Maybe it wouldn't attack right away or something, and even losing a single round of casts would hurt considering it's a burst talent. Other classes would probably want the same thing for similar abilities too, and I don't see them giving us another pet bar, so it's probably not happening. Still seems like a major flaw though, considering how much dps it is now.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-04-19 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I think with the change to a talent some control over it would be beneficial, as you are now incurring a cost to obtain it. Especially to benefit from the spell's purpose, which is a DPS boost. I think frost can already control it due to the pet bar.

anything is better than the current level 90 talents. and these will do literally 10 times more damage than the current ones. thats actually quite the nice dps cd. looking forward to the change, only thing current ones are useful for really is the threat drop, or having 3 squishy tanks while soloing difficult elites

If it still works like that for Frost that'll be amazing. Frost and Arcane burst target switching is already pretty good. Fire, with its backloaded damage, is mostly behind other ranged. At least on far away Kunchongs I can get across the room quick with double blink, but no chance of equaling them on the other aforementioned examples, where they're already in range, if they're trying to switch. (usually aren't on farm, but yeah)

/petattack might be very nice for Fire target switching

Either way...rather not MI be a talent, but my greater focus would be the removal or rework of RoP. Still early in the iterative process. No one in the PVP community, casual or hardcore, will be taking that talent. Doesn't make sense in solo play either. Likely just won't be an option on many high mobility mythic fights. Rather have something that's less niche. L90 talents were supposed to be gone, but again, it's still early. (PS: If you like RoP, my apologies, it's all just an opinion)
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-04-19 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Can we please not use this for pleas? This is not the place for them. Mirror Image was never really a good spell to begin with.. Sure it helped us with soloing, but it still does.. even as this talent. But now it does actual damage. And if it's balanced with the other 2 talents, it will be the largest burst out of all 3(unless they are 100% uptime), which will help our solo kills much more.

PvE people for the most part Mirror Image was used as an aggro dump and dps increase. But most of the time for me personally felt like a wasted button I pressed every 3 minutes. For PvP it didn't really do anything exept dropped targeting for a while.

Also this thread is not about Alter Time. Please do not make it about it.
    MGT has it perfect here. Now it will actually do damage, or not take a space on my bars. Its current iteration is useless so I am fine with it being buffed and being a talent.

Deleted
    I think it's a good way of replacing one of the current 90 talents.
    It will also do way more damage so I'm happy with that option.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of you have your share of reason, but the only thing I'm saying is that:

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Keep [Mirror Image] and [Alter Time] as baseline spells and, for example, for the level 90 talents create a new talent called [Greater Mirror Image] that enhances the [Mirror Image] spell for the mages who choose it, without having to steal the basic spell of the other mages who do not choose that talent.

All of you have your share of reason, but the only thing I'm saying is that:
    Again, Do not make this about Alter Time. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Mirror Image is too strong currently as a baseline spell
    Yes? Since when? I had no idea

Alter Time was a situationally mandatory spell
    Mandatory for whom? Let everyone use it as they wish! what is this? a competition?

For example, I have never used it, like [Polymorph], appear to me stupid spells ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Blizzard decided to make it a talent. That much should be pretty clear.
    You seem to have reading comprehension problems ... I will repeat again:

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the basic spell was what was deemed overpowered. Not powerful enough to be a talent, so it was buffed to be powerful enough.

I don't see how I have any reading comprehension problems.
    Okay, maybe I've misspoken.

The idea I propose is to maintain the [Mirror Image] spell as a baseline spell available to all mages as usual.

And then, at level 90, create a new talent called [Greater Mirror Image] to replace the basic [Mirror Image] spell, by a new [Mirror Image] improved and enhanced.

Exactly the same thing that currently happens with [Greater Invisibility] and [Invisibility]

Thus any mage would not lose [Mirror Image], although not choosing that talent.