Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Thank you for your help I will look in to the crafted belt and legs; the AH is dead as there is one active horde guild haha, so I'll try make contact with that guild and see if they have crafters.

I am currently capped on justice so I'll put those in to honor and see what is best to upgrade currently and yeah, I am grinding away on the timeless isle for that 535 trinket at the minute and hoping for burdens of eternity too.

The arena for conquest is a smart idea; again I'll see if there is anyone willing to boost on my realm and see their prices first haha.

Thanks for the help
    Being on a dead realm sucks I suppose, burden of eternity may be your best bet. Arena boosts are 100-150g per win from what I can gather from trade, good luck finding someone to do them for you.

If you guys are so good and have so much experience why dont you make your own group, a good leader is worth a lot more than any high ilv and will be a better chance for success. People are less likely to compain about your ilv when you are carrying them as group leader and can kick them on a whim

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If people are asking for a 550 ilvl for flex then that is fucking ridiculous.
    its not riiculous - people can make whatever req they want - also 550 itlv means nothing - it can be as well partially upgraded lfr gear with few ordos/celestial pieces and cloak - and tbh i dont blame them - im pugging my 2nd monk alt as tank an the stupidity i have seen in those 525-530 itlv groups is just beyond anything - including text of the month i have heared today " can i bring my lock friend hes 534 and does good dps 100k + " i left that group the second they invited him -_-

Quote Originally Posted by What-ho Squiffy View Post
    If you don't have heroic gear on your alts why even bother trying to get Flex groups? your item level will be the reason the raid fails... get over it.

/thread.
    If you don't have gear that allows you to steamroll, you'll be a failing group? GJ proving the OP's point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by What-ho Squiffy View Post
    If you don't have heroic gear on your alts why even bother trying to get Flex groups? your item level will be the reason the raid fails... get over it.

/thread.
    sarcasm? /10

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    LFM ICC 25m, 5.5k GS+
    it was 6k on my server towards the end. and not even the top guild on server had light of dawn (bane only). smh.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2014-04-20 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Flex raiders are the more casual community with little time to play. They don't want their time wasted with someone who isn't geared and not going to pull their weight. Asking for higher ilvls isn't asking for a carry. It's trying to ensure a run free of maximum derpage.
    LOL. 9 times out of 10 it is a carry. You know it is, don't even try to play like it's not. Flex is a joke. Flex raiders time is less important compared to Normal or even Heroic raiders but yet Normal groups have less of a requirement to pug

LOOKING FOR MORE VOA 5.5K GS LINK ACHIEVEMENT.

Been going on since wrath. Usually some raid lead who doesn't even have the requirements he is asking for looking to get boosted. Asking for a higher item level than what drops in that mode is pretty stupid though. You don't need 540/550 for flex.

Long story short, make your own group.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    *Snip I'm 7/14 heroic, trying to find Flex groups for my alt. I get turned down by everyone cause my alts ilvl is 532. No one cares about experience anymore. *Snip
    Just because you are 7/14hc does not entitle you to a free to go spot in random flex raids. I'm 10/14hc in a casual guild and some main raiders don't even know how to play... Having experience does not guarantee you have skills on your alt. Just like EVERYONE ELSE, you have to suck it up and get the required ilvl OR make the group yourself. Posts like this make me want to throw up, just as if you're entitled to a spot over others with lesser gear because you have experience...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It fills me with such joy what people have turned into. I'm 7/14 heroic, trying to find Flex groups for my alt. I get turned down by everyone cause my alts ilvl is 532. No one cares about experience anymore.

I have seen some lame excuses too. Like "Just because you can raid heroics on one character doesn't mean you know how to play another that well".

Yes I'm ranting. Cause I have been trying to find raid groups for my alt for weeks now and turned down cause everyone wants 550+ ilvl + Leg Cloak for even Flex groups.
    I'm confused, is your main 7/14HC or your alt? Because you may know tactics for one character type, and even down to spec, but it's a whole other fight for a different class and even spec..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I'm confused, is your main 7/14HC or your alt? Because you may know tactics for one character type, and even down to spec, but it's a whole other fight for a different class and even spec..
    oh it's not really hard once u know the fight you have a basic understanding, my main ele shaman is 14/14 hc and i had no issue pugging 14/14 normal on my blood dk, how different can it be i'm not even in melee range on my shaman, but luckily i have a memory and eyes so i know the encounter!

and OP only wants to do flex, not even normal!

why i stopped raiding = elitists. don't have time for their shit.

people who said "get crafted 522 boots" and the guy thats spending valor on 522 gear. have you forgotten about honor gear, which is 522 and is identically useful as pve 522 gear since pvp stats dont affect item budget? And you can farm the honor by spamming heroic 5 mans and converting JP to honor?

but really, i agree that people trying to fix stupid with absurd ilvl, regardless of being heroic XP, proven DPS title, etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not riiculous - people can make whatever req they want - also 550 itlv means nothing - it can be as well partially upgraded lfr gear with few ordos/celestial pieces and cloak - and tbh i dont blame them - im pugging my 2nd monk alt as tank an the stupidity i have seen in those 525-530 itlv groups is just beyond anything - including text of the month i have heared today " can i bring my lock friend hes 534 and does good dps 100k + " i left that group the second they invited him -_-
    Yes, it is ridiculous. If your group is so incompetent that you need an ilvl on par with rewards from normal mode content in order to clear flex, then you need to up your gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    My iLvl is 517, no one wants me because I am a "scrub" and bring nothing to the raid, and experience doesn't matter. The fact I raided hardcore BC until Cata means nothing now, with such a crap ilvl I wont get to raid.
    I just wanted to comment on this because I don't think its a matter of you being a good player or not. You could be amazing, but 517 is still INCREDIBLY low. To get the mount, Garrosh has to die on Normal. He drops 553 item level gear. That is multiple tiers ahead of what you are. Even if you played your class to 110% of what its capable of doing, you will still be leagues behind the minimum requirement to do it. Essentially, you would have to be carried in order to achieve what you want right now. Yes, no one carries. That isn't a crack at you, or people looking down on you... its just you have to work for your achievement.

Just like others have mentioned, there are quick and easy ways to pad your item level up. You can get the Timeless gear that is 535. Do Celestials. Work on your Legendary cape. Of course, you can do your LFRs. Craft the 553 off pieces. Get some SoO LFR gear and hop into some flexes. You'll be well above 530 item level in no time. Still, you will most likely need ~550 item level to even be considered for Garrosh but first thing is first.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2014-04-21 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginnFFS View Post
    Just because you are 7/14hc does not entitle you to a free to go spot in random flex raids.
    it would if it was my raid. experience and understanding of an encounter (or any serious raiding) is worth so much more than gear. so soooooo sooo much it's not even close.

now it's true that, especially in a final raid tier, a bad player can get a few heroic kills but it's not hard to spot the difference between someone who got carried and someone who knows what they're doing and can produce consistent results.

EDIT: and that guy in 517 gear who raided BC to cata, i'd take him too if it was flex.
    Last edited by Racthoh; 2014-04-21 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    it would if it was my raid. experience and understanding of an encounter is worth so much more than gear. so soooooo sooo much it's not even close.

now it's true that, especially in a final raid tier, a bad player can get a few heroic kills but it's not hard to spot the difference between someone who got carried and someone who knows what they're doing and can produce consistent results.
    It wouldnt make a difference in my raid. The fact that a person is 7/14H on a completely different toon is irrelevant. It doesn't have an effect on, for example a 515 toon, because 515 is still 515. Bad DPS is still bad DPS. Squishy tank is still a squishy tank and under geared healer will more than likely finish lower than the tanks / hybrid toons. If you consider that a person wearing full BiS T14 heroic was close to 515 two tiers ago you would understand just how low of an item level that is for where we're at in the raid tier. Flex at that low of an item level is 100% a carry.

However, I know how it goes and if Im helping a guildy out in flex and theres a decent number of guildies in the group, I turn a blind eye to lower item levels. Only because I know we can carry the weight. Now if I'm playing my under geared 540-550 alts, I have zero problem saying No to someone around 515. It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by strues View Post
    However, I know how it goes and if Im helping a guildy out in flex and theres a decent number of guildies in the group, I turn a blind eye to lower item levels. Only because I know we can carry the weight. Now if I'm playing my under geared 540-550 alts, I have zero problem saying No to someone around 515. It's not worth it.
    If you can't carry a bit of slack on alts of 540-550 then that's just pathetic and you are exactly the type of person that wants to overgear the nuts off content to feel skilled.

@ The OP, make your own group and set your own requirements. You won't get super convenient runs at lower item levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you can't carry a bit of slack on alts of 540-550 then that's just pathetic and you are exactly the type of person that wants to overgear the nuts off content to feel skilled.

@ The OP, make your own group and set your own requirements. You won't get super convenient runs at lower item levels.
    But WHY should we? Theres absolutely no reason a 515 person cant go through the same hoops of progression that everyone else went through.

The solution comes down to if you dont like the rules, make your own group. If I wanted to make a group requiring 575+ for NORMAL SoO I could. Would people complain? Fuck yes they would. Would the group fill? You bet it would. So if people want to complain that groups dont want to carry their pathetic item levels maybe they should spend their time earning gear as opposed to whining about it. It takes almost ZERO effort to get 535-540 these days. I had a toon who hit 550 without even stepping into normal SoO.
    Last edited by strues; 2014-04-21 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I just wanted to comment on this because I don't think its a matter of you being a good player or not. You could be amazing, but 517 is still INCREDIBLY low. To get the mount, Garrosh has to die on Normal. He drops 553 item level gear. That is multiple tiers ahead of what you are. Even if you played your class to 110% of what its capable of doing, you will still be leagues behind the minimum requirement to do it. Essentially, you would have to be carried in order to achieve what you want right now. Yes, no one carries. That isn't a crack at you, or people looking down on you... its just you have to work for your achievement.

Just like others have mentioned, there are quick and easy ways to pad your item level up. You can get the Timeless gear that is 535. Do Celestials. Work on your Legendary cape. Of course, you can do your LFRs. Craft the 553 off pieces. Get some SoO LFR gear and hop into some flexes. You'll be well above 530 item level in no time. Still, you will most likely need ~550 item level to even be considered for Garrosh but first thing is first.
    Depends on the group really, i killed garrosh at 525 ilvl, but i also am a healer and know both my main and alt very well. My 540 healer now destroys most healers that are 560 with a cloak. Hell in an alt run a couple days ago, i was beating an ilvl 568 healer. Truth is, people have this notion that ilvl=skill, when in fact, i have seen multiple 560+ players that were absolute garbage.

I agree with some people though, run your own. I use to run my own flexes on my alt cause his ilvl was so low, but i never got carried. I mean im not gonna bring my 578 toon to a flex. People are getting out of hand with garrosh requirements. The fight is an absolute joke!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strues View Post
    But WHY should we? Theres absolutely no reason a 515 person cant go through the same hoops of progression that everyone else went through.

The solution comes down to if you dont like the rules, make your own group. If I wanted to make a group requiring 575+ for NORMAL SoO I could. Would people complain? Fuck yes they would. Would the group fill? You bet it would. So if people want to complain that groups dont want to carry their pathetic item levels maybe they should spend their time earning gear as opposed to whining about it. It takes almost ZERO effort to get 535-540 these days. I had a toon who hit 550 without even stepping into normal SoO.
    I realize what your point is but using a 575 for a normal soo is a bit lol. I won't step foot in a normal run on my 578 main, but i know what you were trying to do there lol