Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do they refuse to give Dark Iron Dwarf options?

I mean c'mon they're a part of the Alliance now...
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    No doubt their saving it for sub-races if we ever get them. Would be unfair to other races that some get sub-races while others dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I mean c'mon they're a part of the Alliance now...
    Actually, only a handful are part of the alliance, namely Moira, her son, and a few of her guards which are loyal to her, the rest of them are still loyal to Thaurisan and joined the Twilight's Hammer... We cannot play as them because their storyline has not been completed yet...and for various other reasons like currently no other race has playable subraces...once they're all "equal" maybe blizzard will let us, they've said it's something they'd like to do but we have no ETA

They want it to be more than just a click at the character creation screen.

Deleted
    Because dark iron dwarves do not start off in Coldridge Valley alongside Ironforge dwarves in which some of the last quests in your starting zone involve you fighting dark iron dwarves.

They'd either have to do another starting zone revamp or create an entirely separate starting zone for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not refusing.

They'll make them available........via the Blizzard shop

I'd love to see Dark Iron models playable, but I just make do pretending with the skins available. Fingers crossed if they do subraces we'll see them playable.

Because none of the other races have been given an alternative option yet.

Haven't dwarves always had a dark iron option? I recall there's a grey dwarf with red eyes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Because dark iron dwarves do not start off in Coldridge Valley alongside Ironforge dwarves in which some of the last quests in your starting zone involve you fighting dark iron dwarves.

They'd either have to do another starting zone revamp or create an entirely separate starting zone for them.
    You know, with all the immersion breaking bullshit in this game. I don't think anyone would give a crap about levels 1-3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    No doubt their saving it for sub-races if we ever get them. Would be unfair to other races that some get sub-races while others dont.
    Pretty much my guess aswell, plus I kinda like the idea of having sub-races later ingame (if possible).
    Then they will make some for every race and keep things fair.

They won't give options to one unless they give them to all.

if anything, we need wildhammer tattoos first before the the villainous ash-skins get implemented.

Because to give more customization options they'd have to give up an entire raid tier

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll make them available........via the Blizzard shop
    Oh, for Flynn's sake, grow up. If you have evidence, link it. Insofar as I recall, they've given no indication of any such thing.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Because only a minority of the playerbase cares about a lot of customization. Why should Blizzard focus on the wants of the minority, it makes no sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    Because only a minority of the playerbase cares about a lot of customization. Why should Blizzard focus on the wants of the minority, it makes no sense.
    Not true. Transmogrification would like to have a word with you.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it would cost us a raid tier. Or something.

Actually I think implementing subraces must be pretty low in their priorities list.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

TIL: "This is a neat idea that we have on our radar and may do stuff with in the future" = "WE REFUSE."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

I thought that sickly white color WAS dark iron dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    TIL: "This is a neat idea that we have on our radar and may do stuff with in the future" = "WE REFUSE."
    Exactly. Accusations of "refusing to [blank]" are a really misleading way of labeling this.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."