Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Half the buffs/debuffs hunters bring are not personally useful to themselves. That doesn't invalidate them as buffs/debuffs to bring, as our niche is apparently to be the stop-gap for missing buff coverage. There's been many times I've brought a Ravager (physical dmg taken) in SV or a wind serpent (CoE) in BM where it wasn't optimal for me. That's because some people applied these things automatically (frost DKs, and rogues, as two examples), thus to ask the warlock to CoE a single-target boss so I could use a ravager even though the DK has it automatically via passive because the ravager is cooler seems a bit silly.

Deleted
    Oh! Oh! I know what you mean!
    It's like a doge thing!
    Snakes, so cool
    Much usless
    I'm selfish

...right?
    I like dragonhawks. Too bad they aren't useful to me.
    Same problem, no? What we're going to do nao?
    ...good advice: don't cry for a snake, and try to get over it. There's plenty of other cool pets out there, you only have to choose.
    I'm sad that chimaeras (always spell it wrong) are a BM only exo-thing. Mainly because with WoD they're becoming supercool. Super. Cool.

On topic: now sporebats gives isteria! Interesting.
    Imagine a sporebat stampede with gliph... I find it very very... Well, not-so-dangerous xD (given that I also like sporebats. So, overall I'm quite happy with that xD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    You're not making sense. I never said spellpower buff was useful to the Hunter, personally. But I did outline a feasible situation where it is useful to a Hunter's raid (thus, being useful to the Hunter indirectly).

But your stance is even further trivialized, considering Hunter's can bring *every* buff. Of COURSE you're going to be able to bring the "useless" (but not to your raid) ones!

You're just mad that, more than likely, a snake won't bring a useful, personal buff (which a battle rezz isn't either, btw).

A pixelated snake. This is what you're angry over.
    He is not angry but he is just frustrated that hunters are being burden to bring buffs that they won't ever use, and bm hunter would be better using only exotic pet, unless they want to handicap themselves. Leave sp to mana users unless it is a bonus buff that the pet can use with other actually beneficial buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jivhan View Post
    Oh! Oh! I know what you mean!
    It's like a doge thing!
    Snakes, so cool
    Much usless
    I'm selfish

...right?
    I like dragonhawks. Too bad they aren't useful to me.
    Same problem, no? What we're going to do nao?
    ...good advice: don't cry for a snake, and try to get over it. There's plenty of other cool pets out there, you only have to choose.
    I'm sad that chimaeras (always spell it wrong) are a BM only exo-thing. Mainly because with WoD they're becoming supercool. Super. Cool.

On topic: now sporebats gives isteria! Interesting.
    Imagine a sporebat stampede with gliph... I find it very very... Well, not-so-dangerous xD (given that I also like sporebats. So, overall I'm quite happy with that xD)
    Please post something constructive and not post false infos. Sporebat doesn't have bloodlust in WOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Half the buffs/debuffs hunters bring are not personally useful to themselves. That doesn't invalidate them as buffs/debuffs to bring, as our niche is apparently to be the stop-gap for missing buff coverage. There's been many times I've brought a Ravager (physical dmg taken) in SV or a wind serpent (CoE) in BM where it wasn't optimal for me. That's because some people applied these things automatically (frost DKs, and rogues, as two examples), thus to ask the warlock to CoE a single-target boss so I could use a ravager even though the DK has it automatically via passive because the ravager is cooler seems a bit silly.
    There's a difference between non optimal and completely trash spell for hunter. If sp buff is usefull, then we should ninja sp item as well. Logic

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Half the buffs/debuffs hunters bring are not personally useful to themselves. That doesn't invalidate them as buffs/debuffs to bring, as our niche is apparently to be the stop-gap for missing buff coverage.
    Precisely. Any hunter refusing to bring a needed buff just because it didn't benefit their own dps deserves a short, sharp /gkick for being so damn selfish. That attitude has no place in a raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Please post something constructive and not post false infos. Sporebat doesn't have bloodlust in WOD.
    Gosh! Sorry for that. I meant nether ray. I always confuse them

As for the constructive post, I was trying to help Hyde, so I find it constructive... Even of he's in denials, but this is another whole point. Even what Escathological's words are perfectly correct.
    The point is: one pet had to be the 'caster support' one. The serpent has been chosen. As all the other pets, it covers a type of utility usefull for the raid/others..
    ...nothing extremely odd or special, even if is his fav pet.

http://wod.wowhead.com/#modelviewer:1:55413:0:10+0

A new hydra model! Textures incorrectly mapped, but the model is there! It also looks like it has new animations/skeleton. At least different from the current model!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    He is not angry but he is just frustrated that hunters are being burden to bring buffs that they won't ever use, and bm hunter would be better using only exotic pet, unless they want to handicap themselves. Leave sp to mana users unless it is a bonus buff that the pet can use with other actually beneficial buff.
    Hunters bring *all the buffs* (insert meme picture here). One (or two) pet families would have to cover the SP buff.

Yes, he's literally mad that Snakes are one of those pet families.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    "snip"
    Alot of that stuff is.. wut? Wut?

For hunter pets/pet ability, I feel it should be more like...

ALL pets can be tamed by ALL specs. For BM, you give your pet an extra ability that is either A) a heal, B) Bloodlust, C)AoE damage, or D) Brez. Otherwise, the pet will provide a buff, debuff, or soloing utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Alot of that stuff is.. wut? Wut?

For hunter pets/pet ability, I feel it should be more like...

ALL pets can be tamed by ALL specs. For BM, you give your pet an extra ability that is either A) a heal, B) Bloodlust, C)AoE damage, or D) Brez. Otherwise, the pet will provide a buff, debuff, or soloing utility.
    Please, no. The fact that even non exotic pets are able to give the 'huge' raid buffs is one of the really good news in WoD, at least for me. But there's plenty of upset non-BM hunters out there complaining to feel 'pigeon holed' (i think is the most common word I saw on forums about the topic) in BM just to bring up ancient hysteria (in flex-10m raids, at least.)

Those changes give us the freedom to choose our spec without utility limitation, as it should be.

This being said, is still sad that the only escamotage blizz found to keep BM 'unique' is to give them spec specific pets. The 'Beast Master' concept could have 'so much untapped power!'
    ...or, at least, potential.
    (Few e.g: Get rid of the boring mastery, Bm now has 2 active pets. Mastery increases movespeed, haste and cdr of both of them // BM can merge with the active pet, and have unique abilities ala Demonology (pet families revamped and merged so that the work isn't too crazy for devs) and mastery increases the trasformation duration. I would insta reroll BM with this xD // BM is the real tamer: melee spec, gets a big CD based on the active pet, uses 2h poles, fistsw., DW axes and swords... Sooo many possibilities. Such a wasted spec, almost like spriest )

Edits:typos. Getting better tho (aiming for the English C2 certificate)
    Last edited by mmoce1b16cfe0e; 2014-04-22 at 02:51 PM.

The new Hydra model. Courtesy of Inico/InicoWoW.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/b5YHw2k.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/amLoLDr.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/FH33ePs.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/CKH8v2l.jpg

Pictures of the new hydra model. This also by Inico.

- - - Updated - - -

There. Confirmation for hunters: https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/458708465397952513

- - - Updated - - -

Inico posted an animation video on it as well, due to requests!

Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-04-22 at 08:26 PM.

Deleted
    They are simply amazing o.o

O.O it can't be real..... Its the only pet I ever want....

EDIT: One thing I will say is that I want a Magera coloured rare model and I would also like more head interaction while they are standing around. Like snapping at other heads or maybe one looks away while the others don't it would just add a little more life to the model but if not I'll still have one anyways :3
    Last edited by Smokinya; 2014-04-25 at 06:20 AM.

Bumping this because we now have a datamined model for the dragonfly/hook wasp:

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

Yay! Reminder these give you slow-fall so woot!

Hook wasps should NOT be an exotic pet. Wasps are a regular pet family, and just suddenly making Draenor wasps suddenly exotic seems kind of unfair to the other specs. We need more insect pets, and finally a cool one we get requires BM to tame? Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

That looks ridiculously sick. Since I won't be raiding for awhile in WOD I think i'll be emptying out my stable and replacing all of my pets (except the awesome skins that i want to keep) with the new updated models lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Hook wasps should NOT be an exotic pet. Wasps are a regular pet family, and just suddenly making Draenor wasps suddenly exotic seems kind of unfair to the other specs. We need more insect pets, and finally a cool one we get requires BM to tame? Ugh
    Personally I think they aren't doing a great job at releasing pets in general for WoD. I felt like for MoP we had a lot more variety of new pets on release. Talbuks and clefthoofs shouldn't be a hard investment to add, but yet it apparently is. With that, if they didn't give BM at least ONE dynamic pet out of the 3 choices they're releasing for new pet families now as is, it'd be sort of lame.

Love the new Ravager look. I'm all over those.

Where's our Spirit Beast Sporebat?!