Exclamation Chaotic Energy for affi/demo?!

I saw on the patch notes for about 5 minutes that http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/111546-...ffected-spells was for affliction and demo through glyph
    I would love not having to life tap anymore
    For some reason they removed the change, not sure if that means it won't be implemented but I found the link above to show i'm not going insane
    thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wzrdy View Post
    I saw on the patch notes for about 5 minutes that http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/111546-...ffected-spells was for affliction and demo through glyph
    I would love not having to life tap anymore
    For some reason they removed the change, not sure if that means it won't be implemented but I found the link above to show i'm not going insane
    thoughts?
    Chaotic Energy was originally a glyph in MoP beta so they could test they idea. It was meant for Destruction but because they tested as a glyph there's a version for Aff/Demo. More than likely the current datamining picked up the glyph's presence for whatever reason as being changed, and thus initially reported it.

Note though that there is a different glyph I believe that replaces life tap for Aff/Demo with a flat % based life drain per second, restoring mana per tick, which would probably be something you'd be excited for.

crap, i saw something on the most recent alpha notes for it so i jumped to a conclusion, should have researched first

would the glyph be for in combat only? or only work if you're actually missing mana? - didnt look at patch notes very closely

Quote Originally Posted by Wzrdy View Post
    crap, i saw something on the most recent alpha notes for it so i jumped to a conclusion, should have researched first

would the glyph be for in combat only? or only work if you're actually missing mana? - didnt look at patch notes very closely
    I would imagine that it would tick periodically, and on each tick check if you're missing any mana, and if you are and the damage wouldn't kill you, restore mana/take health away. I don't know for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I would imagine that it would tick periodically, and on each tick check if you're missing any mana, and if you are and the damage wouldn't kill you, restore mana/take health away. I don't know for sure though.
    That certainly sounds a lot more feasible.
    An interesting mechanic certainly with risk vs reward, fitting the sacrificial theme of warlock play.
    Need to see how that works out in actual play, with the triage mentality of not expecting everyone at full health quite so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That certainly sounds a lot more feasible.
    An interesting mechanic certainly with risk vs reward, fitting the sacrificial theme of warlock play.
    Need to see how that works out in actual play, with the triage mentality of not expecting everyone at full health quite so often.
    Its a straight DPS increase from saved globals, and in all honestly it is zero risk, no worse than Berzerker stance ever was, look what happened to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Its a straight DPS increase from saved globals, and in all honestly it is zero risk, no worse than Berzerker stance ever was, look what happened to that.
    Won't be. We have a perk to work with life tap. Either they make glyphs more interesting so we lose utility and get a few globals, or it will have higher risk. Perhaps cut of the 10% more healing from fell armor.

That or rework the perk to avoid inconsistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Won't be. We have a perk to work with life tap. Either they make glyphs more interesting so we lose utility and get a few globals, or it will have higher risk. Perhaps cut of the 10% more healing from fell armor.

That or rework the perk to avoid inconsistency.
    The perk increases mana returns, we still spend globals on it. Globals Vs No Globals is still an obvious DPS increase for the latter.

The perk increases mana returns, we still spend globals on it. Globals Vs No Globals is still an obvious DPS increase for the latter.
    "... or it will have a higher risk."
    No globals is obviously a dps increase, but I doubt it will come as a bonus with no risk. If it was to cut off the 10% healing from fell armor I'd think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    "... or it will have a higher risk."
    No globals is obviously a dps increase, but I doubt it will come as a bonus with no risk. If it was to cut off the 10% healing from fell armor I'd think about it.
    May I remind you that the risk with KJC killed people, and that it was changed not because of the risk to us, but the risk to the raid group. This is absolutely no different, and its not like LT is without risk in the first place.

They did not change KJC because of that. Maybe it could be a factor but not the main reason.
    And you're being contraditory. LT IS a risk, this glyph is NOT. It just proves that although it's a risk, if its 'ok' it will stay with us.

I don't recall any fight in progression where I did not used LT as demo or afflic, do you?
    If the answer is 'no', then you clearly thinking about a mandatory glyph and they already stated this is not their design intent (mandatory).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I can remember about once, back in Wrath, having a mis-cued LT kill me (that was more about sustaining the buff from the Glyph than mana returns). It's really not that big a risk; but it is a controlled risk, the Glyph is without control, meaning if you find yourself kiting out of range of healers or whatever, then it's out of your hands almost entirely. The point in that situation is "Gotta take the glyph, it's a DPS gain" - exactly the same reason when players were dying to the KJC snare died, and why GC explicitly stated it was getting changed.

Deleted
    With locks being excluded from real PvP now, removal of KJC would seal the deal of no pvp for locks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidyTv View Post
    With locks being excluded from real PvP now, removal of KJC would seal the deal of no pvp for locks at all.
    Don't be so melodramatic. Every class got nerfed. Aff will be just as viable as it always is, and as for demo/destro, well, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Don't be so melodramatic. Every class got nerfed. Aff will be just as viable as it always is, and as for demo/destro, well, we'll see.
    Maybe viable at the lower brackets, but in 2200+ ratings I don't see aff being that good based on the changes so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Maybe viable at the lower brackets, but in 2200+ ratings I don't see aff being that good based on the changes so far.
    Why so? DoTs will be stronger baseline because they won't be balanced around snapshotting, and with Soulburn Haunt you've got a significant additional on-demand burst.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    I'm no high rated pvper but what screws me more as a warlock in arena is battle fatigue. Seeing other classes like warriors with two or more flat defensive CD's (X% reduction over Y seconds) is much more unfair than having to pay 50% of a shield to battle fatigue and have life tap screw you over a bit more.

All of our self heal that used to make us amazing is no more, while hybrids can swim in pvp power for off heals much better than us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Fatigue should be gone, if not greatly reduced.

Battle Fatigue should be gone, if not greatly reduced.
    Would be amazing if the new system could increase PVP ilvl gear to levels that it won't lose to pve gear world wide (unless HC gear, otherwise it could be exploited), and since PVE gear have limited ilvls in arenas, they could also get rid of the fucking PVP power imbalance too.