Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The state of EU realms (stability wise)

I've been playing WoW for almost 10 years. I cannot remember any period in those 10 years where the EU realms have been in such a terrible state, connection and stability wise, can anyone else?

For the last few months - many realms have been plagued with connection issues. Whether it's just general latency issues, battle.net login issues, retrieving character list issues etc. I don't think I've had more than one week in total where the realms have been totally stable.

This brings me to ponder the reasons for such a issue to occur. Could it be related to the majority of the development team working on WoD and not maintaining the servers as usual? Could it be a lack of funding to the server hosting companies in the EU?

I'd be curious to hear other's thoughts on realm stability over the last few months.

A few weeks ago Blizzard posted about their servers being attacked via DDoS/DoS. Now, when that was ongoing I'm pretty sure it was only battle.net that was affected but maybe... just maybe... it affects game servers and those DDoSers are going to work right now. Although it does seem like an internal issue that's causing all the crashes.

You do know that the people maintaining servers and those writing code isnt the same people.

And some but not all of the problems have been on Blizzards side some have been in diffrent internet hubs and routing stations which Blizzard have no control over.

UPDATE: All EU #WoW realms will be taken offline for emergency maintenance, those players currently connected will see an in game countdown.

Deleted
    It's probably the Ukrainians trying to disrupt the european internet.

I remember how awful the servers were during Vanilla...That was nothing compared to this. I actually have no words for this, I'm not gonna QQ and ask for free game time as compensation of course but it is reallllllllllly annoying. Hope they get it fixed soon for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    You do know that the people maintaining servers and those writing code isnt the same people.

And some but not all of the problems have been on Blizzards side some have been in diffrent internet hubs and routing stations which Blizzard have no control over.
    I'm sure there are many server engineers etc who are actively working on the WoD Alpha servers, who would usually be working on the live realms. How can we explain that when a new expansion launches, the realms usually run like clockwork despite the concurrent users connected being so much greater during an expansion launch.

These days, the number of concurrent players logged in is far, far lower than during MoP launch for example - but clearly the servers cannot handle it. We've had many issues like this over the last few weeks/months - the realms are simply unfit to play on.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is not just today, servers have been crap for over months.

Noobs @ Blizzard. Anyway ill just play something else instead :P
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I remember how awful the servers were during Vanilla...That was nothing compared to this. I actually have no words for this, I'm not gonna QQ and ask for free game time as compensation of course but it is reallllllllllly annoying. Hope they get it fixed soon for good.
    Sorry but that's nonsense. The servers were far more stable in Vanilla than they have been for the last few months.

During Vanilla, I was on the Shadowmoon realm. The servers were mostly rock solid. Heck, Blizzard even used to refund us when there were connection or server problems - they were so rare and spread out that they could afford to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I can remember a week during which playing was an absolute pain. I think it was at some point in WotLK. And there's been a longer period of time surrounding that particularly bad week that servers were laggy and unstable... that was for several weeks. I remember how we delayed raiding until late at night so we could raid at all what with everything being laggy as heck.

Now that I think about it, it's actually surprising how well the Blizzard servers function. Where I work, I had more troubles with system outages of various services that we use in a year than I had in some 7 or 8 years of playing WoW.

Played since vanilla and this has been the worst state the servers has ever been, I can hardly play Hearthstone aswell

Deleted
    That people couldn't dismount, load anything, and were stuck in casting animations for about ten minutes made for some amusement until everyone got disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Sorry but that's nonsense. The servers were far more stable in Vanilla than they have been for the last few months.

During Vanilla, I was on the Shadowmoon realm. The servers were mostly rock solid. Heck, Blizzard even used to refund us when there were connection or server problems - they were so rare and spread out that they could afford to.
    Sorry but that's nonsense, servers was far from stable in Vanilla was pretty much extended maintenance everytime it was a maintenance.

Only diffrence was that people didnt complain as much about it back then.

Deleted
    Servers down for the next 2 hours.

putin is coming for our characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intimidate View Post
    putin is coming for our characters
    looooooool

Problems started when Hearthstone beta was launched.

Deleted
    Aye it's becoming a joke now in all fairness

I bet they went back to the Warcraft III servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least realms are coming online before raid starts, so I can sell stuff and make goldz! *Hurray!*
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |