Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I do not really read guides. Sometimes it is both fun but also horrifying to give them a quick look and think that new players actually reads them and trust the information given.
    HAHA, yeah. I have been holy for about five years now, and I don't remember the last time I looked at a guide... though I did like discussing changes with other dorakadins on the forums. /grin

The reason I'm looking for prot NOW is just because I have to put something together relatively quickly, since I'm supposed to tank tomorrow (maybe). No heroics or anything, we're a very casual 7/14 heroic, but we've been running normals to gear up new people.

That said... from picking around on the forums... I'm guessing my warforged PPoP would be better than my ToT dps/tank trinkets? Is this just because of the haste amp? I also have the flex Malkorok trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    HAHA, yeah. I have been holy for about five years now, and I don't remember the last time I looked at a guide... though I did like discussing changes with other dorakadins on the forums. /grin

The reason I'm looking for prot NOW is just because I have to put something together relatively quickly, since I'm supposed to tank tomorrow (maybe). No heroics or anything, we're a very casual 7/14 heroic, but we've been running normals to gear up new people.

That said... from picking around on the forums... I'm guessing my warforged PPoP would be better than my ToT dps/tank trinkets? Is this just because of the haste amp? I also have the flex Malkorok trinket.
    PPoP ~ Thok tail tip for all intended purposes.

Deleted
    Well, I mean. It kinda depends on your gear. The amp trinkets obviously scale with how good your current gear is. The only trinket from ToT that however could compete with them is the Horridon trinket, but it depends on your item level.

From a pure haste PoV, heroic WF amp trinket gives about the same amount of haste as a heroic 2/2 spark of zandalar if you are at 21250 haste with the amp trinket equipped.

Yeah it was just the Ji'kun ret and prot trinkets. This is where I'm at, just for reference, since I can post in the other thread eventually if I need to: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lthea/advanced

I know a lot of the pieces aren't ideal, but in all the time that I've been healing I rarely use my offspec, ret or prot. So it's basically the junk no one else wants. But it's a start, I guess.

Thanks again

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still alive. Somewhat. Revising for uni exams is so dull. MOP just became a little boring for me unfortunately, I kept trying to come back but without the old crew it was never the same. Seeing people with their offspec or "last second throw together" better geared than me is how my offspecs must've made people feel in Cata and WOTLK
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

All,

I'm feeling a bit squishy and I wanted some advice, if any can be had. Here's my pallie: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronbrto/simple (I realize my hit is high; I just got the neck piece last night and didn't reforge yet).

He's decently geared for normal, and that's where I'm having issues. It feels like he's always at 50% health and struggling. I understand how critical SotR is and I spam to get to it, save it for big hits, etc. I'm ok with eternal flame; I could be a little better with it, but I essentially always have it up. Same thing with Divine Protection.

Now, my first tank was a guardian druid and I'm like an idiot savant on that guy. Perhaps my healers just slack on me, thinking I'm still on my bear? I'm certainly not a perfect tank, but I'd like to at least survive protectors or iron jugg without clenching my anus. Thanks in advance.

We really need logs to offer helpful advice.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    We really need logs to offer helpful advice.
    No logs are just available without me downloading a mod or something, correct?

Deleted
    You have to write /combatlog in wow to start logging into your combatlog, then you can upload your logs from boss fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axon14 View Post
    No logs are just available without me downloading a mod or something, correct?
    Nope.

On a very minor note, if you swapped the gems in your hat and shield around you gain 60 strength at no cost.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Nope.

On a very minor note, if you swapped the gems in your hat and shield around you gain 60 strength at no cost.
    u wot m8??!

thanks, good call

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I can't believe I missed the argument between SW and HA. And, I guess the answer is pretty obvious! Winner is DP!
    Haha. It was much more interesting argument back in T14. DP has been so strong in T15 and T16. In T15 it was not really much of an argument as there was so few bosses that required CDs.

The argumentation still lives on, but it is not as relevant anymore as it used to be.

I still remember the T1 talent arguments, oh god. So many players used to play with PoJ it made me scared of the dark.
    I made thread about it in T14, but most discussion was in the prot paladin thread, not so much discussion in that thread.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-discussions
    Kinda nostalgic to read that now.

Or the haste vs expertise discussion.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ap-exp-with-SW
    I got to admit I wrote that thread to plant the seed that not expertise capping is actually a good thing to do even if you do not play with SW, but it was much easier to sell with SW.

I know I made a few mathematical errors in that one though. Dont remember if I fixed it in that thread or in later discussion. Either way it had little impact on the results though.

And oh gosh. I made such a wall of text post on the second page there that noone replied to

I know I was kinda masking my whole opinion about expertise a bit though. In all honesty I thought it was not even a debate at the time. But it was such an unpopular opinion, it was like writing a post about the earth being round in the middle ages. I had to pretend like I thought it was a reasonable option and debate to be had.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2014-04-24 at 08:19 AM.

DP in T15 was even greater due to T15 4 set and /sitting during DP for basically max HP every sit lol and those combined = solo tanking / bubbling off stacks. Loved that tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    DP in T15 was even greater due to T15 4 set and /sitting during DP for basically max HP every sit lol and those combined = solo tanking / bubbling off stacks. Loved that tier.
    I honestly believe T15 was the best designed tanking tier ever with either T11 or T14 as second.

The set bonus is general I liked... sitting was kinda fun... i guess? but i dont miss it i can tell you that

Deleted
    Cant make a lasagna without cheese.

#MakesNoSense
    #WhyAreWeHashtagging

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Hi, just a quick question so I don't have to dig through 254 pages. I'm gearing up a paladin alt. My main is 14/14H (though not a tank) so I anticipate doing some heroics with this toon eventually, and consider myself at a skill level commiserate to going for a haste build.

My question is, since I'm stuck in LFR/flex for the moment: if I want haste gear, should I be loot specialized to ret, and then switch to prot for bosses which drop weapons/shields/trinkets?
    Haste items are on the Prot loot table now, but as Spacebubble said it's a boss by boss thing. Look at all the possible loot for each spec and choose the spec that has the best chance of giving you an upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Firefly you are quite good on changing subjects. I like.
    There is not much to talk about anymore in these threads

We need to have Merins drunken weekend stories back. This thread used to be like the Protection Paladin Twitter thread.

In other news. An elderly lady just basically shoved me infront of her in the line at the register at the supermarket because "she had the time to wait and that these poor youngsters had to hurry to get food during their lunch breaks. I felt really bad since I had time to wait haha, but at the same time I didnt want to disrespect her by going back in line.

First world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    There is not much to talk about anymore in these threads

We need to have Merins drunken weekend stories back. This thread used to be like the Protection Paladin Twitter thread.

In other news. An elderly lady just basically shoved me infront of her in the line at the register at the supermarket because "she had the time to wait and that these poor youngsters had to hurry to get food during their lunch breaks. I felt really bad since I had time to wait haha, but at the same time I didnt want to disrespect her by going back in line.

First world problems.
    That happens quite often over here, if somebody sees that you only have a couple of items and they have a trolley (shopping cart in your lingo) full of stuff.