Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    It would help a lot. As was mentioned, lifebloom gives free regrowth casts which leads to living seeds on you. That's a lot of healing that the druid is not doing. Encourage them to improve their up time for sure.
    Pretty much this. Lifebloom itself is super efficient (costs virtually zero mana, especially if you put up the 3 stacks before the fight starts) and does a fair amount of healing on that target. There is no reason not to take this, quite literally, free healing. Additionally, and perhaps even more importantly, it proc's our Omen of Clarity which means free Regrowths. This results in a few things. Most of those regrowths will be thrown into the active tank (who also has the LB stacks on him). This both refreshes the lifebloom for 0 mana, refreshes your mastery for 0 mana, provides a sizable critical heal to the tank, AND leaves a living seed on the tank for future damage.

Most of the time you will get at least 1-2 procs of OoC every 20 seconds (mastery and lifebloom duration), making both mastery and lifebloom easy and efficient to keep up.

Again, there is ZERO reason to avoid using lifebloom. It is literally FREE healing, on multiple levels. The only reason I can see for not using LB would be incompetence or laziness.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Jumping on board the Lifebloom train: it's cheap healing and it procs clearcasting, which allows you to get away with slightly less spirit overall, which means you can reforge some into throughput stats, which means all your heals will heal for slightly more. It should always be used, regardless of raid size.

I personally get a bit lazy with it on fights like Immerseus and Sha where tanks are often out of range and mana is a non-issue anyway, but it's not something I'd really recommend. In those situations you should be keeping it rolling on yourself or some other random raid member.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Hello guys, a guild mate it's changing to 25 from 10 and he's struggling in adapting your healing style, what changes from a healing perspective in your build and style in a 25m environment?

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Hello guys, a guild mate it's changing to 25 from 10 and he's struggling in adapting your healing style, what changes from a healing perspective in your build and style in a 25m environment?
    I found that I was able to cut spirit, because of the increased mana-returning mechanics (by implication of simply having more players).

Its easier to accidentally run oom; if you attemp to blanket a raid during, say, juggernaut after a knockback, you'll have a whole lot of rejuvs to cast compared to what you would have had in 10man.

An followup to the last one; if you do run oom, or incapacitate yourself in any way, its more forgiving in a 25man environment. We've had 2 healers die, 1 dc, and I solohealed an entire "normal phase" on hc iron Juggernaut. If we'd had something like the same amount of deaths/dc in 10man, i.e 0 healers remaining, we would have been fuked.

Also, your major cooldown is going to be doing a whole lot more of your %, since tranq is scaled up quite a bit. To such a great extent that it becomes overwhelmingly important to use your Jadespirit pot with it because of the increased healing.

If you have a competitive healing environment, you'll see other healers popping small CDs on top of your CD (like discs using spirit shell etc), making your tranq less valuable, but this is hopefully not the case for you.

tl;dr > less spirit is possible, don't overextend in rejuv blanketing, and pot+tranq = win.
    ^ I agree with this.

Deleted
    Hello i have just started healing in a 10 man guild and i was wondering as 10 man healing style involes alot less hot blanketing how important is going for the 6000 haste cap. at the moment I'm going for mainly mastery and sitting at about 14k spirit and was wanting to know what you guys thought about it
    i would like to post my armory but its not letting me so im shífft on Kilrogg eu if anyone can be bothered to check if im messing up badly with my gearing and such

Quote Originally Posted by xbrmat View Post
    Hello i have just started healing in a 10 man guild and i was wondering as 10 man healing style involes alot less hot blanketing how important is going for the 6000 haste cap. at the moment I'm going for mainly mastery and sitting at about 14k spirit and was wanting to know what you guys thought about it
    i would like to post my armory but its not letting me so im shífft on Kilrogg eu if anyone can be bothered to check if im messing up badly with my gearing and such
    You never ever want to be at 6k haste. Regardless of raid size and difficulty, you want to be either at the 3k breakpoint or at the 13k (both for Rejuv). If you can't get down to 3k haste, it's also acceptable to be a bit above it (like you currently are). The 6k breakpoint does very little for you, especially since you use SotF, so it would be a throughput loss to go for it. Stay at 3k until you can get to 13k comfortably.

As for your armory, your gemming is a bit off and you are missing item upgrades. Otherwise looks fine. For gemming, remember that 2 mastery are better than 1 int, so you should not use Brilliant gems. Also keep in mind that the LFR version of your PPP trinket is very weak, with your gear it only gives you 1450 secondary stats (and the int proc), and you don't even need the additional haste. Contemplation of Chi-Ji gives you 1700 passive int and on-use manareg and should be much better with your gear.

It's about the same in terms of HoT blanketing. That said, you never want to be at 6k haste regardless of raid size (3043 or 13163; nothing in between) and 14k spirit is a bit more than you need, especially since you have a mana regen trinket.

Deleted
    i have another question how important is the 4 set i have it at the moment but i mean 8228 isn't the largest heal ever and trying to work out if it is worth dropping for a heroic self-reflecting mask

i have another question how important is the 4 set i have it at the moment but i mean 8228 isn't the largest heal ever and trying to work out if it is worth dropping for a heroic self-reflecting mask
    Self-Reflecting Mask is best in slot with or without the 4-set. Work towards getting 4-set with shoulders, legs, chest, and hands. Also, we'd need to know what the item levels of the tier pieces you have are, to determine the answer for sure. However, with the limited information, I'd say to hold onto the self-reflecting mask and wait for the best itemized 4-set.
    Twitter

What would you consider comfortable when going for the 13k haste breakpoint? My druid is around 554 ilvl, Meeksi, on Aerie Peak US. I heal in a 10 man normal and we are up to Thok atm. I have 3 pieces of tier but am using the 559 warforged legs from Ordos since I do not have the 4 piece tier yet.

Quote Originally Posted by varzii View Post
    What would you consider comfortable when going for the 13k haste breakpoint? My druid is around 554 ilvl, Meeksi, on Aerie Peak US. I heal in a 10 man normal and we are up to Thok atm. I have 3 pieces of tier but am using the 559 warforged legs from Ordos since I do not have the 4 piece tier yet.
    If you can get to 13,163 haste without missing out on socket bonuses and too much spirit, then it is worth it. Generally at 13,163 you will definitely want to be above 10k spirit. Since your GCD and cast times are faster, you'll be spending more mana during the same time span as before. So, if you don't lose intellect (socket bonuses) or fall below 10k spirit, the generalized answer is "go for it."
    Twitter

Our new druid, whom we are gearing for heroics, is struggling on normal modes (doing literally half the healing of our other healers). Since I don't play a healer, I have no idea what he's doing wrong. I know his gear is very far behind, but he's struggling so much on normals it just doesn't seem right. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...one/?enc=kills

These are a few normals with heroic norushen thrown in.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACl/simple
    Top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Our new druid, whom we are gearing for heroics, is struggling on normal modes (doing literally half the healing of our other healers). Since I don't play a healer, I have no idea what he's doing wrong. I know his gear is very far behind, but he's struggling so much on normals it just doesn't seem right. Any help would be appreciated.

These are a few normals with heroic norushen thrown in.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACl/simple
    Low ilvl, missing cloak, missing meta gem, only one glyph and it's probably the worst healing glyph for druids. Gemming int/spirit. His spirit is kind of high but he doesn't have meta gem so it should be okay. Missing 5 enchants. Definitely needs to tighten up his gear.

Logs, you're three healing normal content. With a disc and a holy pally. There is next to nothing for the druid to heal with all of those shields. Try running him with the holy pally and see if he improves simply because there's more stuff for him to heal. Lifebloom uptime is low, harmony uptime is low, he uses nourish (though there's nothing to do so at least he's doing something), didn't use tree or tranq (also probably due to 3 healing normals). I would highly suggest dropping to 2 healers and see how he performs then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Harmony uptime is okay but could be better. Lifebloom uptime is far too low.

Barely using any cooldowns at all. Tranquility used twice in eight fights when it could have been used 2-3 times per fight. Barkskin was never used. Ironbark was never used. Heart of the Wild was never used. Nature's Swiftness was never used. Mushroom Bloom and Incarnation were used once each in eight fights. Innervate use was less bad, but still not used nearly as often as it could be (it should be used twice in a four minute fight; three times if the fight drags on for more than seven minutes).

Spell usage is sub-optimal. Nourish should never be used. Most Sage Mender procs went unused. Many Clearcasting procs also go to waste. Not using them explains why Lifebloom keeps falling off; use the procs to cast free heals on the tank.

Missing most enchants. Way too much spirit, which is necessary only because of poor cooldown use (not using Innervate much, not utilizing free healing procs). Should be gemming mastery instead of spirit and using an intellect meta gem. Missing glyphs and the one glyph that is used is terrible (never cast Nourish). No professions. The reforging is good, though.

I know his gear is terrible due to trying to gear him up quickly to get back into heroics, but we normally don't 3 heal and only are while we gear him up. We're afraid to try 2healing with him but we'll give it a shot, added in with all of those suggestions we might see improvement. Thank you.

edit: Now that I think about it, he couldn't keep himself up on Dark Shamans so I'm not sure how he could handle two healing a lot of fights, he mentions being oom a lot.
    Last edited by Boyiee; 2014-04-24 at 01:44 PM.
    Top 100.

edit: Now that I think about it, he couldn't keep himself up on Dark Shamans so I'm not sure how he could handle two healing a lot of fights, he mentions being oom a lot.
    Not surprising. He's doing three things wrong when it comes to mana:

1. Not using Innervate "early and often". It should be used at 80% mana and then again when it comes off cooldown. If you save it until you're at <50% mana, you won't have time to use it a second time during the fight.

2. Not using free heals enough. Clearcasting, Sage Mender and Nature's Swiftness all allow you to cast free heals. Using them well adds up to a very large amount of mana saved. Keep Lifebloom up all the time to proc Clearcasting as often as possible.

3. Too much spirit, not enough mastery. Gemming spirit lets you cast a few extra Rejuvenations, but at the cost of making your Efflorescence, Wild Growth, Lifebloom and Tranquility weaker since you give up mastery. The extra Rejuvenations will heal for less than the loss in healing on other spells, so you're going to have to cast a lot of Rejuvenations to try to keep up... and you'll fail. Because spirit is quite simply not a very good stat beyond 11-12k.

Deleted
    Heey guys i am wondering if my druid alt is gemmed and reforged as it should and the only question i have is how much spirit i would need in a 10 man with a disc priest and with the use of a mana pot. my character is ironleaff on the eu server the maelstrom

thanks in advance

yeah, looks great ironleaf, only thing I'd recommend is trying to pick up an alternative to the thok trinket

Deleted
    yeha i know but the siegecrafter trinket doenst drop and i dont fancy the nazgrim trinkett.. or is that one a good option

Quote Originally Posted by Ironleaff View Post
    Heey guys i am wondering if my druid alt is gemmed and reforged as it should and the only question i have is how much spirit i would need in a 10 man with a disc priest and with the use of a mana pot. my character is ironleaff on the eu server the maelstrom
    Looks good. I'm not personally a fan of Pandaren Step and much prefer using Displacer Beast when I have to move, but there isn't really any "right" answer. I highly recommend trying Displacer if you haven't done so, though; the ability to blink through things (Immerseus' swirl, Norushen's beam, shaman walls and tornadoes, Blackfuse laser burns and sawblades, etc.) is amazing. I would also consider it mandatory for heroic Malkorok, but you probably won't be seeing him any time soon.

Your spirit looks fine. You could try going ~1k lower and seeing how that feels. You can reforge spirit->mastery on your neck and belt. I personally run 10H with 11.5k spirit (no regen trinkets). Definitely don't go any higher than you are now.