Poll: Will SoO last longer than DS, and does it bother you?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it definitely will and I'd be completely surprised if this didn't end up being the longest tier of content in the history of the game.

That being said, am I upset about it? Lol no. Why in the hell would anyone get upset over something like that? If the game becomes boring, just unsub until something that interests you pops up.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Posing that question seems absolutely futile at this point as there is no addon release anywhere in sight. And yes for every organized guild it's quite bad having absolutely no content for an as extensive amount of time not even mentioning how tedious the instance already has become.

Deleted
    They first brought Content too fast... the non-Raidtier Patches came shortly after a new Raidtier was released and new Raids came when 95% of raiding Guilds didn't even finish the old content. Personally i was really exhausted when ToT came so soon after T14. The Non-Raid Patches could have been delayed until Raidcontent is finished.

So Blizzard messed up a lot here... they could have released every patch at least 1 month later. SoO would have been released at the beginning of the year and everything would be fine still.

Deleted
    Considering it has 2 more bosses than ICC, it should last longer, around 14 months would be about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta access will be given to "tide people over" and keep them playing.

We'll probably see severe nerfs a month or two before WoD just so everyone can 'finish' the expac and get scrappy alts heroic garrosh gear
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    They first brought Content too fast... the non-Raidtier Patches came shortly after a new Raidtier was released and new Raids came when 95% of raiding Guilds didn't even finish the old content. Personally i was really exhausted when ToT came so soon after T14. The Non-Raid Patches could have been delayed until Raidcontent is finished.

So Blizzard messed up a lot here... they could have released every patch at least 1 month later. SoO would have been released at the beginning of the year and everything would be fine still.
    Has anyone ever seen a reasonable explanation for why Blizzard didn't release MoP content in this way? It seems like a no-brainer, yet instead they apparently chose to let MoP suffer with zero new content for over a year. It just doesn't make sense.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Has anyone ever seen a reasonable explanation for why Blizzard didn't release MoP content in this way? It seems like a no-brainer, yet instead they apparently chose to let MoP suffer with zero new content for over a year. It just doesn't make sense.
    The only explanation that makes sense is that they truly expected they would be able to get WoD out much sooner than will apparently be the case, and planned the tier schedule of MoP accordingly. But then something unexpected happened for which they didn't have adequate contingency plans, quite possibly a sizable loss of developers (GC and others), and now WoD is delayed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Considering it has 2 more bosses than ICC, it should last longer, around 14 months would be about right.
    ICC era had Halion to break the monotony. Here, we have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    ICC era had Halion to break the monotony. Here, we have nothing.
    I will not be surprised if we get Ruby Sanctum II: Electric Boogaloo, sometime this summer.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I will not be surprised if we get Ruby Sanctum II: Electric Boogaloo, sometime this summer.
    I'll believe it when I'll see it. They didn't bother with anything back in DS, can't see them trying too hard here, either.

Granted, they did offer x-realm raiding, but that's hardly enough.

It bothers me only because I am so looking forward to WoD and I cant wait to sink my teeth into it! I am still enjoying SoO. This is the first time that I have ever really taken my alts into a normal mode raid, so it is interesting seeing SoO from a different perspective as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think that is a question at this point. I am at the point where I am pretty sure I will just cancel my preorder and never bother coming back.
    Aye mate

It's looking like, based on Blizzard statements (largely "Fall 2014" as the release date and using "before or on December 20th 2014" as the "last technical day of Fall"), we can probably assume that Warlords is going to come out sometime in technical Fall, so between September 23rd (the first Tuesday of Fall) and December 16th (the last Tuesday of Fall).

Siege of Orgrimmar went live September 10th, 2013. At minimum, assuming a launch date in "technical Fall," SoO will last a few days more than a year, beating ICC's record as the longest tier ever.

Based on Blizzard's statements in the past of "we don't want a repeat of ICC's year-long tier" and "DS was too long," no, I am not happy with what seems to be the length of SoO.

Not happy at all. Players are already starting to drop like flies and summer is going to be a total disaster due to the length combined with no "stop the bleeding" mechanism in place like previous expansions (progressive nerfs, annual pass.)

It will definitely surpass ICC in length, even if it drops on the first day of Fall. And we're looking at possible November for it, making this the longer tier in history. Blizzard really dropped the ball. It will be interesting to see their Q1 and Q2 earnings and the state of subs.

i notice there have been many negative comments about blizzard in this thread

please refrain from making this kinds of statements on this board

on topic: if it does, i'm happy. soo is ht best raid experience yet and i have yet to see anyone but a h8er say otherwise, ergo: i enter hte dungeon, put on my 20dollar blizzard store mount and feel amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Raivosoturi View Post

on topic: if it does, i'm happy. soo is ht best raid experience yet and i have yet to see anyone but a h8er say otherwise, ergo: i enter hte dungeon, put on my 20dollar blizzard store mount and feel amazing
    Negative statements are valid in this case, you are only inviting people to insult you by posting remarks like that.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Please do not be upset when we laugh uproariously at your request, and then ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account

Perhaps you were looking for the Battle.net forums? You might find them more thoroughly censored to your taste.

And speaking (well, okay, typing) as someone who criticizes Blizzard a lot, there are a plenty of different more and less valid reasons for potential criticism. While many may disagree with Blizzard on things like style, balancing, gameplay changes, what to include and what to leave out, and so on, Blizzard leaving their own game to rot for over a year after publicly admitting what an epic failure it was the last time they did so AND after strongly hinting (because they never 'promise') that the next expansion would be early is about as valid as criticism frelling gets.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Yes and Yes it does bother me because im running out of things to do while waiting on my VERY SHORT list of things to do only thing i havent crossed off yet is looking at my computer screen wondering what to do next.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

It will probably be longer than ICC.

Anyways I have mixed feeling about this matter because:

I don't care because I still have loads of achievements and pvp stuff to do right now
    I do care because WoD seems fantastic compared to crappy MoP
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic