Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD Minor Glyphs for Priest are Cosmetic Only

Minor Glyphs for Priest are Cosmetic Only
    Currently all the priest minor glyphs are cosmetic only, providing spell effect changes for spells or pets, +1 novelty spell (confession)
    http://wod.wowhead.com/items=16.5?fi...32;crs=2;crv=0

If you look at the minor glyphs of all the other classes, they also have at least a couple of other minor glyphs as well as the cosmetics/novelties.
    * buffs to minor/utility spells (cooldowns, effects, buff ranges)
    * change to casting function (manual / auto target, casting direction)
    * travel bonuses (travel forms, zen flight, blink, speed, astral recall)
    which priests are just lacking, I dont feel like I have a choice of anything useful or fun, just pixels.

I know we lack the utility/travel spells of other classes once you rule out all the heals/damage spells... but I still would like to see more functional minor glyphs developed for priests, and maybe some current majors shifter to minor.

A few suggestions...
    * Glyph of Restored Faith change to Minor (this seems to be a casting function to a utility spell)
    * Glyph of Psychic Scream changed to Minor (Similar glyph for warriors is minor)
    * A teleport spell where a spirit healer flys in and rescues you, teleports you to the nearest graveyard (not useable instance / pvp)
    * A teleport to the a random holy place in the world. (faction based may apply for some... Argent Churches, some towns/cities around world)
    * maybe a few casting function changes to make non-targetable spells/targetable. (vice/versa)
    * Mounting auto-casts a variation of levitate, no cast time, gives mount levitation, acts like an auto-parachute when dismount until you hit the ground (then dispels)... visuals while mounted are not-floating tiny fluffy white cloud trails.
    Last edited by Shadowisp; 2014-04-22 at 08:41 PM.

Glyph of sha removes pet global

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowisp View Post
    * A teleport to the a random holy place in the world. (faction based may apply for some... Argent Churches, some towns/cities around world)
    I hope that for Goblins this instead teleports you to a random pile of gold.

Minor glyphs are very rarely other than cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Minor glyphs are very rarely other than cosmetic.
    While a majority of them are cosmetic, all classes (except priest) have non-cosmetic minor glyphs options.

Deleted
    But in truth.. the priest minor glyphs are (for me) the least interesting in terms of aesthetics.

Rough suggestions for minor cosmetic glyphs:

-Changing the hue of healing effects from bright yellow to pale white or pale blue would be good for variety.
    -Alternative static pose while levitating (or various random ones)
    -Change the chakra runes into a different pattern (for some much loved variety)
    -Holy light halo on the feet of a summoned mount
    -An alternative protective shield animation

Sad to see void shift and the glyph removed. Everytime I use it on a low health tank or saving another player I want to be like "yeah, bitch. look at your character. that's right, I saved you".

They are supposed to be.

Any minors that are not mostly or entirely cosmetic (or very minor utility) should be nerfed, made baseline, turned into Majors, etc.

On the topic of glyphs, we really need more glyph slots! Especially minor ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Night Elf Priest cosmetic minor glyph:-

-Since Night elves worship Elune, Goddess of the Moon, your healing spells will turn from golden yellow into moonlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldaryne View Post
    Night Elf Priest cosmetic minor glyph:-

-Since Night elves worship Elune, Goddess of the Moon, your healing spells will turn from golden yellow into moonlight.
    This would be very cool; sort of like shamans can give their spells more Troll flavour by making their Hex and Spirit Wolves into raptors.

I'd also like an Undead flavor glyph (since they're not really supposed to call the Light at all) to make all their spells look shadowy.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    This would be very cool; sort of like shamans can give their spells more Troll flavour by making their Hex and Spirit Wolves into raptors.

I'd also like an Undead flavor glyph (since they're not really supposed to call the Light at all) to make all their spells look shadowy.
    Yes, yes yes yes YES!!!! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldaryne View Post
    Yes, yes yes yes YES!!!! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME!
    As a goblin priest, can I have the mechanical looking Power Word: Barrier in Ulduar? Can my Penance also chuck piles of gold at those I am healing and be renamed "Universal Healthcare"? That would be awesome! ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivz View Post
    Glyph of sha removes pet global
    This, it's so good

Racial class abilities instead of glyphs would be good..the good ol' days, that i didnt play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Can my Penance also chuck piles of gold at those I am healing and be renamed "Universal Healthcare"? That would be awesome! ^_^
    Wouldn't it make more sense for you to be draining the gold from their pockets then? :> Also, I just wanna point out that having only cosmetic minor glyphs is a good thing - all of the functional ones are mandatory for other classes, so they end up with one less glyph slot.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2014-04-27 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Pixels are fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post

Undead priests still retain full ability to call the light it just makes them feel like they are burning from holy fire. I just turns out that the UNdead crazy enough to actually care about healing their fellow warriors are also crazy enough to feel like they are on fire all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    Undead priests still retain full ability to call the light it just makes them feel like they are burning from holy fire. I just turns out that the UNdead crazy enough to actually care about healing their fellow warriors are also crazy enough to feel like they are on fire all the time.
    Honestly, that has no basis in lore and is just an explanation that was used to reconcile in-game mechanics. Shadow priesthood and the Cult of Forgotten Shadow is the actual religion of the Undead.

What about a glyph that allows you to continue levitating even after taking damage when you are standing on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What about a glyph that allows you to continue levitating even after taking damage when you are standing on the ground?
    Wouldn't mind having that functionality be part of Glyph of Levitate (+15% movement speed while levitating and 10 seconds afterwards). A lot of other classes have +movement speed spells like Stance of the Fierce Tiger, Unholy Presence, Feline Swiftness, etc. and since we're losing Inner Will, we might as well get its speed buff from another source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s