Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Do they not teach law enforcement to shot to kill not shot to wound
    They teach LEO's to "shoot to stop," not "shoot to kill."

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    And with that, I ask for closure to this annoying thread. (Though, I doubt it.)
    Why should this thread be closed? Because you find it annoying?
    Last edited by Bdatik; 2014-04-27 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    A wounded animal is more dangerous because animals generally seek to avoid conflict when possible. Being wounded may change that, causing it to fight to the death. It doesn't give them magical powers that allow them to suddenly pose a threat to someone or something else when that animal would otherwise be debilitated and bleeding out on the floor.
    a threat is perceived it is subjective if that old man still considered them a threat even after being shot he had the right for his own perceived safety to eliminate that threat

if he still felt they was a threat he had every right to eliminate the threat
    Not in Minnesota.

Why do people think Minnesota has some kind of Florida law? (Stand your Ground)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Meh not worth it. Good luck with your venture of never getting gun control passed.
    So I guess the "lies and manipulation" thing has been debunked.

a threat is perceived it is subjective if that old man still considered them a threat even after being shot he had the right for his own perceived safety to eliminate that threat
    No stand your ground law. There has to actually be a threat, not just the perception of one. A teenage girl lying on the floor dying of multiple gun shots to the chest is not a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No stand your ground law. There has to actually be a threat, not just the perception of one. A teenage girl lying on the floor dying of multiple gun shots to the chest is not a threat.
    did he now she was dyeing is he a doctor? you and other are elaborating on the story so to fit your narrative

did he now she was dyeing is he a doctor? you and other are elaborating on the story so to fit your narrative
    She had gun shot wounds to the chest and was struggling to breath. I'm assuming this is the fading remnants of your argument.

Yeah, I'm sure those two shots to the chest just fazed her In fact they probably only made her angrier. No wait, that's bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure those two shots to the chest just fazed her
    She could walk them off.

You're fucking kidding me, right? If you don't know how well people respond to multiple bullet holes in their body, I really don't think you have enough intelligence own anything that might be used to kill someone, much less something designed to kill someone.
    I'm more concerned about his ignorance of what self defense laws allow people to do.

Are you ignoring the story to fit your agenda? I'm quite positive that two bullet wounds to the chest, incapacitated her. If you don't feel like reading the statements made by his own admission, then why do you even bother to comment?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not really sure why lethal force is limited to self-defense inside the home. My neighbor has been giving me nasty looks all week and I think I saw something that looked like a gun go into his house once. Personally, I feel like my life is in danger...
    Kill or be killed!!!

Leave when she was lying on the floor gasping for breath instead of dragging her body around and then murdering her?

No stand your ground laws in his state. He only gets to defend himself.
    did I miss something in the reported story were was it in the atrical she was gasping for breath? were did it say he dragged her body around
    if there is more to the story then what was provided in the OP link I would love to read it
    if not your just making crap up to fit your narrative

did I miss something in the reported story were was it in the atrical she was gasping for breath? were did it say he dragged her body around
    if there is more to the story then what was provided in the OP link I would love to read it
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz303Rw9cFA

'If you're trying to shoot somebody and they laugh at you, you go again,' Smith, 64, told investigators, according to a criminal complaint filed Monday.
    He then shot her several times in the chest with a .22-caliber revolver, dragged her next to her cousin, and with as she gasped for air, fired a shot under her chin 'up into the cranium'.

There's no reason to agree to disagree. This guy screwed the pooch from start to finish. In theory, it shouldn't even be difficult to get away with murdering someone as an end result of self-defense, but he fucked himself by recording it.
    /sigh
    Spoken like someone that only reads the small part of the post that they want to read... Missing the point entirely.

I hope you know that I wasn't even referring to your one-track assault on that other guy that you've been arguing with for... oh, how long now? It doesn't matter.

Please don't quote me if you are too blinded by your e-rage to read an entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Are you ignoring the story to fit your agenda? I'm quite positive that two bullet wounds to the chest, incapacitated her. If you don't feel like reading the statements made by his own admission, then why do you even bother to comment?

- - - Updated - - -

Kill or be killed!!!
    not ignoring the story in the OP link read it twice nothing about either of them lying on the floor gasping for breath nothing about him walking up to them nothing about dragging any of them around
    now if there is more information please provided it would love to read it

Yes, you missed all the parts you claimed didn't happen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-basement.html

Consider yourself informed.

A 15-minute clip of the shooting includes the sounds of the teens getting gunned down and Smith dragging their bodies in a tarp to keep their blood from staining his carpet.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1767305

he felt safe enough to physically touch the girl and drag her from the stairs to the middle of the floor with her cousin.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...th-murder?lite

Those were the first two articles in my search.

Man its fucking crickets as soon as these people actually read about the story.

Man its fucking crickets as soon as these people actually read about the story.
    Pretty anticlimactic alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Yes, you missed all the parts you claimed didn't happen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-basement.html

Consider yourself informed.
    Not that I am defending the execution and believe Smith took it far, the article you linked makes me sick. Painting the teenagers as "an out-going student who loved to make people smile" and "a popular role model" with wonderful and happy pictures of the two while utterly excusing the fact they invaded the home of a senior citizen is so damn biased, it is almost painful to read. It wasn't a case of Dennis the Menace upsetting Mr Wilson here.

I would suggest picking a source that so moronically biased next time when you are trying to use one to support an argument. I mean I actually agree with your point but almost wish I didn't after reading that rubbish.
    Last edited by Torais; 2014-04-27 at 05:22 AM.