Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hope they stick to the no flying in WOD. I mean they do it on timeless isle and that other island lol... they have done it with other daily islands.... So I don't see the problem. Now maybe if Houlon was a ground mount too...I would really be happy lol.

I'll laugh my ass off if the real intention for no flying was that Blizzard was too lazy to decorate the inaccessible parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I'll laugh my ass off if the real intention for no flying was that Blizzard was too lazy to decorate the inaccessible parts.
    I'm seriously thinking now that there is no flying at the starts because certain zones won't be ready and it allows them to have them sort of "unfinished". Like Silvermoon. There is no flying there and if in reality a lot of walls are 2D and you dont see the cardboard effect from the ground. Would be funny if someone manages to break it and see the aerial view in WoD and find out that this is the case..

15+ Year Old Account
    It will make world PvP alive again. I can't wait!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    dream on, not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I don't care about loop-de-loop or "efficient" flight points.
    I don't care about "alternate" means of transportation.
    I don't care about dungeons past the first completion.
    I'll never do any pvp without being forced to
    I've stopped caring about raiding a while ago.
    I don't care to be grounded when I just want to spend a few hours farming some mats, or *gasp* doing archaeology (NEVER ON GROUND MOUNTS, NEVER EVER EVER) while listening to a book and just shutting down my mind for a while.
    I don't care about any quest past the leveling experience, have they learned fucking nothing from the first patch of MoP and the daily mindfuck?
    I absolutely hate the islands and everything they stand for.
    I don't have fun in wow past the initial leveling experience of a new expansion, when everything is new and interesting for a few days.
    I don't log in to wow because I enjoy it, I log in to wow because the sheer amount of resources I've dumped into it over the years, and abandoning it feels akin to hitting an old dog.
    I don't give one single fuck about their design decisions or how they intend people to play the game. I understand their reasoning, but I don't fucking care.

I just can't understand why the fuck they insist on polarizing their players this way when it's not a clear-cut majority that wants to be grounded, it's split pretty equally.

Again and again they've dodged actually answering the question on if they intend to block flying from here on out in all future content. A simple yes or no on 6.1 would have silenced most of these threads/posts, but no, they just "don't know".

Well that fucking does it. I've been suckered (baited really) into buying the expansion, because of a goddamn flying mount of all things. I'll play it till cap with one character, then I'm done with wow.

The most polished nostalgia trip ever kept me going because of the shallow illusion of freedom it had for a while. If I want a generic fantasy mmo that's strictly ground-based, I have so many options it's not even funny. I don't feel like paying €13 each month for something that spits in my face.

/rant over

why the fuck couldn't those old devs just stay the hell away from it...
    i cant even begin to understand why people like you exist. If you dont care just quit, do everyone else a favor. People like you dont understand that game was great before flying mounts even existed. Do you really play to "farm" some mats etc... what a joke, you may as well go outside and pick up flowers in real life.

MAJORITY of players actually WANTS to be grounded.... this is what the game used to be like, and it was a lot more fun to play. There was a toll and 85% of players were against flying mounts.

MAJORITY of players actually WANTS to be grounded.... this is what the game used to be like, and it was a lot more fun to play. There was a toll and 85% of players were against flying mounts.
    I'm pretty sure that the majority of players still don't have a clue that Blizzard is considering permanently disabling flight in WoD for current/new content. The majority of players don't bother reading forums or patch notes.

My problem with it, aside from that fact that I enjoy the flexibility and mobility of flight, is that way they went about it and continue to go about it. First it's announced that flight will come back with patch 6.1. At some point between that announcement and the next time flight is brought up Blizzard realized that they simply can't achieve their previously stated goal of generating content faster (look at the current gap in content as an example). Next thing you know, WoD preorders launch with the future of flight assumed to be back for 6.1. Then you start seeing the hints, via Twitter and Blue posts, that flight coming back isn't necessarily a done deal. That, along with other dislikes about the game direction was enough for me to unsub, and apparently enough for some people who had pre-ordered to ask for and receive refunds. Why? Because I realize that it's not a decision made to increase the fun of the game, or player enjoyment, but to make it easier to develop content so they can speed up their development cycle. Their own comments have pretty much spelled it out. It's not for world PvP or immersion or to force player interaction, but to allow them to speed up the development cycle. It makes their jobs easier, so it's a hard sell. That's why they give out the wishy washy responses.

Since all that Blizzard tap dances around the issue with the "wait and see" approach. It seems pretty obvious to me that by wait and see they mean wait until the expansion has been released and the flood of money comes pouring in. At least then if people unsubscribe over the changes they will have already handed over their xpac money. From a strictly bottom line business perspective it's the smart way to to. Personally I think they've underestimated the impact on the masses when it gets close to 6.1 and people realize they won't be getting flight back. That their flying mounts, even the WoD CE mount, have all been adapted for ground use for a reason.

Gotta hand it to Blizz. They know how to work a crowd.

MAJORITY of players actually WANTS to be grounded
    You are not a majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Flying in Warlords of Draenor
    So much bla-bla without saying anything useful. Way to go Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Except that is not true.
    Players can still be grounded, everyone has ground mounts.
    Players were super excited when flying mounts were announced, of course air combat was announced with it.
    But with the way flying mounts sell in the shop, the current player base like flying.

players always have the option to use a ground mount

This doesn't accomplish Blizzard's goal of making content easier and faster to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    I was on a pvp realm up until a few months before the Ulduar patch and some of my favorite cat and mouse battles I got into involved flying mounts. Why? Because it makes things 3 dimensional. Wotlk especially had no shortage of interesting terrain for outdoor pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious to us that have brain cells that this is a RaF mount...meanwhile the people that play a Warrior are confused to what we are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doxshund View Post
    Except that is not true.
    Players can still be grounded, everyone has ground mounts.
    Players were super excited when flying mounts were announced, of course air combat was announced with it.
    But with the way flying mounts sell in the shop, the current player base like flying.

Except nobody uses the option because you're at a disadvantage when using ground mounts. Especially on PvP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    Cya, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    So you do want that the sub number goes down to a number where is no longer possible to keep the game alive? and do you really want a WoW where only a few "we eat everything blizz, because they say we must like it and they are like a god of mmos" people play?

Because thats how you get a dead game.

If you'd love this game, you should be trying to bring more people to it and to avoid people leave. You want a community, yet you doesn't back up other players feeling even if you disagree with them. You want people to quit the game. why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Except nobody uses the option because you're at a disadvantage when using ground mounts. Especially on PvP servers.
    what disadvantage?
    the option is there if people love ground mounts so much.

pvp server? fair pvp occurs in instanced pvp.
    you do not have to fly to engage in wpvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Minax View Post
    dream on, not gonna happen.
    I agree. There has to be a reason to world PVP and since you get nothing from it no one is going to do it.

I'm happy with whatever, but I still think Blizzard are going about it the wrong way. Very few people want level 100 questing in every damn zone! Just pick a few zones for max level questing and have no flying there. Rotate the zones with patches. Seems like that will make everybody happy. Nobody seems to complain about this expansion islands and no flying because they can fly elsewhere.

Flying ruined World of Warcraft. They should have thought that when they inplemented this in the burning crusade. Now finally they have seen the light but to late imo. To many people are spoiled by flying mounts. While i agree with the dev that this way of play is more fun and u get a whole different view of the world. I hope they ban flying in WoD, there were no flying mounts in vanilla and it was great! Lets bring that time back again they have the chance i hope they do it so we can actually play the game how its meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kededia View Post
    Flying ruined World of Warcraft. They should have thought that when they inplemented this in the burning crusade. Now finally they have seen the light but to late imo. To many people are spoiled by flying mounts. While i agree with the dev that this way of play is more fun and u get a whole different view of the world. I hope they ban flying in WoD, there were no flying mounts in vanilla and it was great! Lets bring that time back again they have the chance i hope they do it so we can actually play the game how its meant to be.
    You mean bring back the game the way you personally believe it should be, and to hell with anyone who has the audacity to have their own opinions.

(I'm going to circumnavigate pointless and non-threatening mobs, with or without flight. The only difference is how long it takes me to ride past/over them.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doxshund View Post
    what disadvantage?
    the option is there if people love ground mounts so much.

pvp server? fair pvp occurs in instanced pvp.
    you do not have to fly to engage in wpvp.

Just because players have the choice doesn't mean they will use ground mounts. I much prefer ground mounts but I'm obviously going to use the superior flying mounts for farming, wpvp etc. Take away choice and now everyone is on equal ground.