Thread: Skyhammer

Skyhammer

So, uh.

Does anyone actually like this map?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Idiots, fools and noobs do.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fun map but there's a reason they don't include it in tournaments and competitions. That lazer is just too powerful.

They could modify the damage from it but I'd like to see a version of the map without the lazer
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    it's good when you play vs scrubs, good players will know how to manage it.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    It promotes cheezy gameplay. It boils down to who has the most knockbacks and who can camp the laser. I love tPVP because I never see Skyhammer.

I actually don't care for hotjoin at all. Too many people, too many egos, too many chickens running around with their heads cut off. Ill go in just to rank up or test a new build when I don't want to risk a lose in tPVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I despise it more than any map out there. Anytime you say something about it in map chat, there's also someone who will go "I love this map" and you look at see it's someone whose profession has a ton of stability or knockbacks/pulls.

I'm playing a necro...yes, I can fear people off the sides. I also have to make sure I can aim it correctly to get them to run off and most people will do whatever they can to avoid that happening.

I have next to no stability myself, and I'm playing against classes like mesmers and engineers who can yank me pretty much anywhere they want to no matter where I position myself. They can also pull you straight out of the cannon and you fall to your death before you even know they're there. WTF is that?

I've fallen out of holes on that map more times than I care to think about.

I do believe the cannon is way too powerful...it hits too hard and they need to tone it down. If you have the cannon you basically win, there's no way the other team can take maps.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-04-28 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs to stay in hot join if for no other reason than to teach newbs that have yet to learn The Way of the Cliff the subtle difference between a launch and a stun and how if you don't have stabos you have no business in that cannon

The cannon also just moves too fast. I think it needs to be slowed down by a factor of 5 or so, should be a clutch play like the Lords in Legacy of the Foefire rather than a way to control the map.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-04-28 at 03:53 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    The cannon also just moves too fast. I think it needs to be slowed down by a factor of 5 or so, should be a clutch play like the Lords in Legacy of the Foefire rather than a way to control the map.
    I would agree with that, even if it was something as simple as having to use the left/right arrows like you do with "siege" equipment. Even the trebuchets in Battle for Khylo have that mechanic.

That stupid cannon is just point and click and it's instantaneous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I would agree with that, even if it was something as simple as having to use the left/right arrows like you do with "siege" equipment. Even the trebuchets in Battle for Khylo have that mechanic.

That stupid cannon is just point and click and it's instantaneous.
    I was thinking of how long it takes to move the cannon from one point to another, it can go faster than any player can run. But you're right, the radius around the point that the cannon can shoot is huuuuugely ginormous.

I still think the map is fun but then I learned how to PvP in this game playing in the Obsidian Sanctum (lovingly remembered as the Murderpit). Talk about full on cheddar! With trebs on the spawn, arrow carts in the well and how one well placed mesmer could control the map, lol.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I was thinking of how long it takes to move the cannon from one point to another, it can go faster than any player can run. But you're right, the radius around the point that the cannon can shoot is huuuuugely ginormous.
    That's what I meant though...
    You're in the cannon and shooting at point C and you decide you want to shoot at point A instead, you just click it and BOOM you're hitting it. There's no time involved to move the direction that the cannon is facing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    That's what I meant though...
    You're in the cannon and shooting at point C and you decide you want to shoot at point A instead, you just click it and BOOM you're hitting it. There's no time involved to move the direction that the cannon is facing.
    There is a cast time (albiet a very short one!) to move the cannon between points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXvsaCL37l4
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Skyhammer is fun imho. Only noobs who cannot dodge properly or watch their step complain. Falling a few times there is not a big deal, and it's way more rewarding to come back and pull or push your foes to their death.
    As a thief, I always enjoy going to the mega laser and pull the unsuspecting guy to his death.