Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did it in 530 on an alt, no cloak no meta.
    Really shit dps and we wiped a few times, but I didnt feel like I was a burden in any way.
    Rather the oposite, I felt more usefull as a sub 150k dps pala than my main hwf hunter with 4 times the damage.
    Better/shorter interupts, could contribute with raid cds. And ret pve survivability is pretty fucking good with the self heals dmg reduction cds and bubble.
    I didnt even come close to dying befoure it was a whipe. And with all the cd stacking as ret I still had somewhat okey burst for the end.
    The whole encounter felt very fluent and easy as a ret really.
    (+ i could bop other melee dps for lolz)

Groups don't want to have problems with him. Gear makes it faster, achieevment means you knpw how to execute mechanics.
    But yeah, it annoys me too that you have to be overgeared to get a place in raid

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Well, I really wasn't trying to upset you guys. I was just venting my frustration about the state of ilvl. I don't want to defend myself against your last posts b/c I have a feeling this won't end if I do. I guess I'm wrong in assuming clearing normal content at 543 ilvl is asking too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    Well, I really wasn't trying to upset you guys. I was just venting my frustration about the state of ilvl. I don't want to defend myself against your last posts b/c I have a feeling this won't end if I do. I guess I'm wrong in assuming clearing normal content at 543 ilvl is asking too much.
    543 is for sure enough if you find like minded people. The problem is that you are asking pugs. Pugs do not want to waste time vetting people checking how good they are. People with high item level are everywhere, it goes so fast to fill up a team overgearing the encounter that why would you not? Pugs simply rather overgear than overskill the content.

Here's the problem - Garrosh is a stupid easy fight if you either....

1) Have the same 10 people doing the same strat each week
    2) Have a crap ton of gear

The difference in doing the fight at 565+ vs doing it at 555+ is staggering. Since Cross Realm raiding is enabled, why would I take someone I dont know at 550 ilevel? I have awful alts higher than that and I barely play those toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo many bitched the cloak was a welfare Legendary. Sooooo many knocked it so. Now soooo many are sidelined because they lack it. I pretty much do LFR, Celestials and Ordos only and yet I sport a higher +iLVL than ranted about. I find it delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I'm locked to Paragons, I just want to kill Garrosh. Why isn't 550 ilvl enough? I understand having the legendary cloak is a very healthy dps increase but c'mon. It is manageable without it. I can still do 200k dps without it, oh and I have to link my achievement too? Give me a break. I get you don't want to sit there and wipe x number of times, I just want my kill for the week.

"LFM N GARROSH KILL 560+ ilvl"
    "LFM N GARROSH KILL PST ACHIEVE 550+ LEGENDARY CLOAK REQUIRED"

Hey guys, don't quit playing WoW when you are in the middle of your legendary quest line. The end expansion pugs will be a pain in the ass to get into because you *NEED* it.

*yes I have a guild, we only raid 2 nights a week, 4-5 hours max between the 2 days, killed siegecrafter and called it*

I'M CRY IF I DON'T GET MY WOLF MOUNT.
    Dude you are going to have to struggle through it and grind more gear if you are completely unwilling to use openraid or start your own garrosh group. Soo can be done crossrealm so it should be really easy to find a group online.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    So...you're in a crap guild and people don't want to take you because they can see your guild still hasn't down N Garrosh this far in to the tier? And in addition you don't have your legendary cloak (which goes a hell of a long way towards showing dedication) and can't simply wait until you get the cloak? Excuse me while I start to ooze apathy in response to your complaints.
    Guess alts can never do N Garrosh. Because getting an alt the cloak. Is impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Soooooo many bitched the cloak was a welfare Legendary. Sooooo many knocked it so. Now soooo many are sidelined because they lack it. I pretty much do LFR, Celestials and Ordos only and yet I sport a higher +iLVL than ranted about. I find it delicious.
    I have it on my main, I rerolled a DK during SoO. It's really, really bad design to have a legendary be mandatory.

Moreover, why doesn't it scale with the tier, is beyond me. It's not like I can use the sha gem, or the extra gem slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Guess alts can never do N Garrosh. Because getting an alt the cloak. Is impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

I have it on my main, I rerolled a DK during SoO. It's really, really bas design to have a legendary be mandatory.

Moreover, why doesn't it scale with the tier, is beyond me. It's not like I can use the sha gem, or the extra gem slot.
    Except the part where it isn't impossible to get the cloak on alts because plenty of people have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Except the part where it isn't impossible to get the cloak on alts because plenty of people have done it.
    I dinged 90 two months ago, is it not rediculous to have to go through every raid (When mind you, this has not been viable since TBC) through LFR (the complete and utter shit that LFR is) To spend roughly 3 months unable to progress into heroic raiding because of a cloak. Is bad design

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    I dinged 90 two months ago, is it not rediculous to have to go through every raid (When mind you, this has not been viable since TBC) through LFR (the complete and utter shit that LFR is) To spend roughly 3 months unable to progress into heroic raiding because of a cloak. Is bad design
    It takes more than 2 months to get the cloak, so what ? If you can't get in a heroic raiding guild without the cloak, you or the guild you are trying to join probably aren't any good to begin with.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2014-04-29 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well then maybe u should consider it as investment - if the kills go for liek 10-15k u can eaisly make it over few night playing and farming - hell if u collected sky shards and sold alani u coudl probably make much mroe gold over 2-3 farm night (from both dragon and stuff u could get from potions for luck) then is needed for this AoTC fos //shrug
    Well, I did. 20k for a kill with a skilled group of +570 peeps.
    And just as expected, all of the sudden I do get invites for pugs. All due to a achievement where I practicly afk'd on.

I still find it silly, but hey maybe that's just me.

People resubbing around now (like me) are basically screwed over massively because of ilvl depending on when you quit (last August for me). I am working my ass off to gear up but it just isn't enough. LFR is abysmal; being grouped with players who aren't brain damaged is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I've bought stuff, I almost have my cloak, I kill the celestials but I am gearing up too slowly because of these absurd ilvl requirements on openraid & oqueue.

Scrap ilvl and ban mods that give you a gearscore.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    People resubbing around now (like me) are basically screwed over massively because of ilvl depending on when you quit (last August for me). I am working my ass off to gear up but it just isn't enough. LFR is abysmal; being grouped with players who aren't brain damaged is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I've bought stuff, I almost have my cloak, I kill the celestials but I am gearing up too slowly because of these absurd ilvl requirements on openraid & oqueue.

Gearing really isn't that hard. There are plenty of SoO flex groups on OpenRaid that take people from like 520+ ilevel, which is very easily achievable through Celestials+Ordos+LFR+Timeless Isle. My most recent level 90, a frost deathknight, was 520 ilevel within ~2 weeks of being 90, and now at about 2.5 days /played at 90 is at 540. Sure, it doesn't have the cloak/meta(could have the meta by now, but I've been lazy with it because I don't really care about it), but I've never seen an OpenRaid event that requires you to have the cloak, especially not for flex.

Within 2 weeks at 90, you can very easily have a full set of 496 from Timeless Isle. On top of that, you usually get 2-3 Burdens, which means 2-3 535 items. Add to that 1-2 Ordos/Celestial items(not unreasonable for 2 weeks of coining) as well as whatever loot you get from ToT and SoO LFR, and you're at 520+ in no time.

EDIT: I guess Ordos isn't available unless you already have at least 1 cloak, which might be a problem for people who only just came back to the game(and was a bad decision by Blizzard imo), but being less slacky about doing LFR to gear than me on that DK would make up for losing that loot.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-04-29 at 09:58 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You can always start the group yourself. It's not hard, takes about 20 minutes if you do it on reset day or peak hours on the weekend.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

If you "almost have" your cloak and don't have access to Ordos then you should be at about 545 with running the occasional Flex 1/2 and using the other gearing resources readily available to you, 550 if you try a little harder, without ever having set foot inside a normal instance. Very little of that gear will come from LFR, although you will have to run a lot of LFR and Flex anyway because of the cloak.

You won't have any trouble getting into Flex 1/2/3 with 530-545. So, I don't know what you might be complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Gearing really isn't that hard. There are plenty of SoO flex groups on OpenRaid that take people from like 520+ ilevel, which is very easily achievable through Celestials+Ordos+LFR+Timeless Isle. My most recent level 90, a frost deathknight, was 520 ilevel within ~2 weeks of being 90, and now at about 2.5 days /played at 90 is at 540. Sure, it doesn't have the cloak/meta(could have the meta by now, but I've been lazy with it because I don't really care about it), but I've never seen an OpenRaid event that requires you to have the cloak, especially not for flex.

Within 2 weeks at 90, you can very easily have a full set of 496 from Timeless Isle. On top of that, you usually get 2-3 Burdens, which means 2-3 535 items. Add to that 1-2 Ordos/Celestial items(not unreasonable for 2 weeks of coining) as well as whatever loot you get from ToT and SoO LFR, and you're at 520+ in no time.

EDIT: I guess Ordos isn't available unless you already have at least 1 cloak, which might be a problem for people who only just came back to the game(and was a bad decision by Blizzard imo), but being less slacky about doing LFR to gear than me on that DK would make up for losing that loot.
    EU Openraid never has groups that require 520+ for flex. Oqueue does, but they usually consist of wiping on the first boss of that particular wing then disbanding, which is why I guess people want a higher level. Which some struggle to get because of the earlier reason; its a vicious cycle really.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If you "almost have" your cloak and don't have access to Ordos then you should be at about 545 with running the occasional Flex 1/2 and using the other gearing resources readily available to you, 550 if you try a little harder, without ever having set foot inside a normal instance. Very little of that gear will come from LFR, although you will have to run a lot of LFR and Flex anyway because of the cloak.

You won't have any trouble getting into Flex 1/2/3 with 530-545. So, I don't know what you might be complaining about.
    Thats the thing, Im nowhere near 545, I'm 530. I have had -horrendous- rng. I use my bonus rolls when most appropriate and get gold, gold, and more gold.

If I could kill Ordos that would help. He has been available long enough now, don't see why blizzard couldn't remove the cloak requirement and make the environment a little bit easier for people with inadequate gear like me.

Deleted
    You know what?

5 players killed Gary. Yes, 5 players and for a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6fTg4bGCYE

If people are asking for ivl550 to join them, then you should know that they suck(unless they simple just want to farm with no issues. Again, why would someone farm normal with 550, instead of heroic?).

Just tell them, that 5 players can handle, what they are up to. Then they should realize, how bad they actually are.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2014-04-29 at 10:31 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the thing, Im nowhere near 545, I'm 530. I have had -horrendous- rng. I use my bonus rolls when most appropriate and get gold, gold, and more gold.

If I could kill Ordos that would help. He has been available long enough now, don't see why blizzard couldn't remove the cloak requirement and make the environment a little bit easier for people with inadequate gear like me.
    You can't be 530 after weeks of gearing via LFR/Timeless/crafting/valor/Flex. It's just not possible. Timeless burden gear is 543 when upgraded. You would easily have eight or ten burden pieces in 8 weeks if this is your only character and all you are doing is the weekly quests and the shaohao daily once or twice a week and just fiddling around a little. It's one thing to try to grind out a half dozen burdens in one week but if you are talking about the two+ months it normally takes to get a cape then they do start to pile up.

I don't know what you're doing.

plus also not subject to RNG:
    561 crafted belt
    561 crafted pants
    various 530 valor pieces
    various 522 honor pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You can't be 530 after weeks of gearing via LFR/Timeless/crafting/valor/Flex. It's just not possible. Timeless burden gear is 543 when upgraded. You would easily have eight or ten burden pieces in 8 weeks if this is your only character and all you are doing is the weekly quests and the shaohao daily once or twice a week and just fiddling around a little. It's one thing to try to grind out a half dozen burdens in one week but if you are talking about the two+ months it normally takes to get a cape then they do start to pile up.

I don't know what you're doing.

plus also not subject to RNG:
    561 crafted belt
    561 crafted pants
    various 530 valor pieces
    various 522 honor pieces
    ...but I am. When I quit in August I was already on the secrets quest, and now its almost finished. I've only ever had one burden on TI lol.