Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Looks like a random anime face to me. You know, just like Varian's. How shocking that you see it elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    looks like a generic anime cartoon face

Uh-huh, very generic, so much so that even the hair highlights are identical, not to mention every feature is 1 to 1 (except scarring). How quaint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Are you insinuating that blatant theft is alright with you? Not sure why you felt the need to even ask that, unless just to stir up trouble (which is likely knowing you)
    Are you insinuating you get mad when you hear about a robbery on the other side of the world? I don't.
    No need to get angry about it. Interesting to point out, sure, but hardly something that should anger you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha this is funny.

In daytime i am Varian, King of the Alliance ... but @ night i dress up like a mage and troll arround in Origins of Order.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a tower defense game on Android (maybe iphone too, no idea) called Lair Defense. It uses several sprites and arts from WoW, mostly the dragons and drakes. One of the baddies looks like Druid's Bear form, and is called a Druid.

I've also played random clone RPGs (you know, the ones that all seem to look alike, the same company spits out about 10 of them a month, etc) that contain attack icons and things from WoW. It seems to be a very popular game to rip off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hahaha this is funny.

In daytime i am Varian, King of the Alliance ... but @ night i dress up like a mage and troll arround in Origins of Order.
    Wheres the fucking like button for this?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    There's a tower defense game on Android (maybe iphone too, no idea) called Lair Defense. It uses several sprites and arts from WoW, mostly the dragons and drakes. One of the baddies looks like Druid's Bear form, and is called a Druid.

I've also played random clone RPGs (you know, the ones that all seem to look alike, the same company spits out about 10 of them a month, etc) that contain attack icons and things from WoW. It seems to be a very popular game to rip off.
    Not that the bolded part is very surprising given WoW's success.

But yes, people ripping off games like this isn't rare, you can probably find some of it in most low-budget games (such as FB games).

Quote Originally Posted by Steamwheedle View Post
    [IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2011/12/azvarianheader.jpg
    It's pretty clearly copied from Varian's face in the Battlecry Mosaic.

Edit: For comparison, the full-size picture from Origin of Order's Facebook page:

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1966815_195283387348511_1734083552_n.jpg
    Oh yeah, that's clearly stolen. It's edited a bit for sure, but the hair and the facial features, shadows, etc, are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Inb4 blinkng warriors... "CC VARIAN, NOW!" *Varian blinks away*

But seriously, yeah, looks freakish to see Varian's facial setup on another game, basicly a Young Varian. There's no scar... or tied up hair. But still, facial marks are too alligned.

Indeed, now that I remember. Though they had 'borrowed' the Worgen concept art. But still..
    They obviously edited it a little, but other than a touch up here or there, it looks like they pretty much just cropped his face and pasted it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    The OP isn't the assumed victim of this assumed theft. It just appears odd to me that he shares or expresses feelings of anger or frustration in this regard. Does he relate himself with Blizzard, is Blizzard a part of him? Just curious, it seems like unhealthy behaviour to act so outraged over an assumed wrong where one isn't even the assumed victim.
    The fuck are you talking about, with this "assuming" bullshit? The face is clearly copy-pasted, if edited a little. I'm almost legally blind and it's that obvious to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised to see that the game is still up and running after it was discovered months ago. Perhaps Blizzard is not interested, otherwise their lawyers would have eaten that game company alive already.

They also stole worgen and goblin art from wow. And more from many other games.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Varian rerolled to a class that doesn't suck! Good for him!

I wonder if copyright extends to specific art elements such as this.

why should this even concern you? You're not blizzard.

Deleted
    Some people here take this a bit too serious. Its just an cheap artists copying artwork for a cheap promo picture for a cheap game.
    It happens all the time. You shouldn't feel offended like as if someone offended your religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too funny. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post

Uh-huh, very generic, so much so that even the hair highlights are identical, not to mention every feature is 1 to 1 (except scarring). How quaint.
    If you look closely you can actually see the remnants of the scar. His nose makes a small weird curl on the place where Varian's scar is.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2014-05-06 at 05:07 PM.

His hair does look a lot better without the ponytail, even though it looks like Arthas' hair dyed brown.

I like how they gave me a huge reason not to ever bother with any Facebook game, I don't think I know any of them but they got to be the worst.

Deleted
    Oh fucking hell...

Edit: fixed other picture
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2014-05-01 at 08:32 PM.

Card on bottom left of the 2nd picture also looks familiar. *cough cough*
    Last edited by Paetolus; 2014-05-01 at 08:38 PM.

"As High King, I must assume many roles to properly accommodate the needs of my people. I am also Thrall's personal maid in the weekends."

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Oh fucking hell...

Edit: fixed other picture
    My sides

15+ Year Old Account
    Omg blizzard is copying too.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!