Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What class has the least number of required keybinds?

Because thats the class I want to play. The one that doesn't require me to be a concert piano player on a keyboard. WoW can take a lesson from ESO and GW2 and not have so many freaking abilities. Around 10 would be AMAZING! Enough to press more then one thing but not so many that I need to be a piano player level of finger dexterity. I've tried playing a rogue in pvp and really the only thing I'm good at is talking to the spirit rezzer.

and, alliance suck we always lose everything. 5 sec queue times aren't worth losing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hows Frost Dk's for keybinding issues?

Unfortunately for you rogue doesnt really have a lot of keybinds if you really wanted to break it down say compared to a feral druid. Most classes/specs have about 10 or so binds to play the class at least to a reasonable level, and then obviously it grows from there depending on how good you want to get.

Sounds like you should stick to rogue, spec like this so you don't have any extra buttons to press.

Keybind the following to any keys you feel comfortable:

Main damage abilities:
    1) Hemorrhage (Ambush over this for when in stealth and google ambush+preparation macro to use)
    2) Eviscerate
    3) Kidney Shot (Cheapshot over this for when in stealth)
    4) Shadowdance

Other useful abilities:
    5) Cloak of Shadows
    6) Vanish
    6) Sprint
    8) Evasion
    9) Preparation
    10) Slice and dice if you can handle one more thing

Dont worry about any other abilities seeing as you arent some arena pro and just go and have fun. Add more abilities whenever you feel like you want to learn more.

Deleted
    Warrior. Macro all cds together, pop that with bladestorm and fear and win huehue.

I'm not a fan of reactionary defense and cd based classes. Rogues just seem gimmicky in general in pvp. Everything seems like a gimmick or a trick. I'm tired of feeling slow when sprint isn't available. I'm tired of being kited because shadowstep is on cd. Other rogue or warrior on me? Oh evasion on CD, guess i'm dead. Unless I have every single one of my gimmick tricks ready for the gimmick periods they happen I die really fast. They're far too gear dependent and I only do randoms.

I'm looking for a class thats self reliant in pvp and doesn't require tremendous amounts of gear to be successful at it. Rogues are just too gear defendant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Warrior or mage. But i'd say mage because mage.

Elemental shaman hello.
    Like 3 spells
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

I don't know who has the least, but I know Hunter is almost guaranteed the most. SO yeah, avoid hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    I don't know who has the least, but I know Hunter is almost guaranteed the most. SO yeah, avoid hunter.
    yeah as much as I like hunters, way way way too many buttons. I think every single class has too many buttons. I don't think blizzard reduces button bloat enough. I'm trying the earlier posters suggestion with simplified sub but my damage is still shit terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Unfortunately for you rogue doesnt really have a lot of keybinds if you really wanted to break it down say compared to a feral druid. Most classes/specs have about 10 or so binds to play the class at least to a reasonable level, and then obviously it grows from there depending on how good you want to get.

Sounds like you should stick to rogue, spec like this so you don't have any extra buttons to press.

Keybind the following to any keys you feel comfortable:

Main damage abilities:
    1) Hemorrhage (Ambush over this for when in stealth and google ambush+preparation macro to use)
    2) Eviscerate
    3) Kidney Shot (Cheapshot over this for when in stealth)
    4) Shadowdance

Other useful abilities:
    5) Cloak of Shadows
    6) Vanish
    6) Sprint
    8) Evasion
    9) Preparation
    10) Slice and dice if you can handle one more thing

Dont worry about any other abilities seeing as you arent some arena pro and just go and have fun. Add more abilities whenever you feel like you want to learn more.
    Wow, no. Rogues have some of the most keybinds. I have 44 right now and that doesn't even count things like food, healthstones, etc. Just under main damage abilities you didn't even include the main combo point builder for Subt (Backstab).

Surprised nobody linked this yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO9wTsZVA4o

Warriors and Paladins most likely.

You could always play a healer... I mean as a Holy Pally I only use like 4 abilities in BGs. It goes up in Arenas but that's only because the action is more concentrated. What I mean is Holy Shock, Flash of Light, Eternal Flame, and Holy Prism are the only things I cast a lot of in BGs. I still have to use Blessing of Freedom/Sacrifice and Bubble some but those are not a big deal to hit.

I have a paladin, but I found holy to be really really sucky to me. Only in it's playstyle. it went from my favorite healer to a sucky version of a disc priest. I don't want instants and absorbs, I want old paladins with casted heals.

I think I may go priest healer. They're strong right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Elemental shaman hello.
    Like 3 spells
    ...I know it might seem like Flame Shock and Lava Burst are the only two abilities that'll score you the kill, but that could so much farther from the truth.

My Ele has more keybinds than even my Lock, if you can imagine that.

However, I'm not going to derail the topic and make a fool of you.

Back on topic, from all the classes I've played... I'd say its between Shadow and Ret. They have both always used a minimum amount of spells, and their off healing spells have become more and more limited with time. Not saying that either isn't viable at high level of play, just that they do not require multitudes of keybinds to play with great efficiency. Even a Mage (any spec) will score higher amounts of keybinds, due in part to their cc capabilities and their overall bloating of combining 3 specs of spells into one book...making more or less all of them viable in their proper circumstances.

If you don't like keybinds, I would definitely stay away from anything Druid. Without shifting, they are not too bad, but as soon as you start realizing how game changing being able to use random tanking abilities while healing or dpsing is, you'll understand that almost anything is possible with a Druid.

So I'll rate all the specs and talents I've tried or played. In descending order (bottom being the least). lol

1. Feral
    2. Druid (Boomkin/Resto)
    3. Shaman Ele/(Enh) (Resto is not too bad)
    4. Aff
    5. Destro/Demo
    -- Mage --
    6. Disc
    7. War (Arms) / DK (UH)
    8. Ret (You will rarely ever (almost never) switch seals and use anything more than Sac/Freedom)
    9. Shadow / Holy

I have not played Huntard, Rogue or Monk at an appropriate level to make a judgement on those classes.

Kinda surprised so many people saying warrior. My warrior has among the most keybinds of anything I play. Hell I need 4 keybinds just for safeguarding, 2 for teammates and 2 for the 2 banners. Add that to many rotational dps abilities (7 I believe just for dps), stance switching, storm bolt macros, every defensive and offensive cd on separate binds (i hate macro'ing cds together besides banner/reck), and it adds up real quick.

Shams have fairly low keybinds from my exp, dks have a low amount (i have a bit more because I have 6 keybinds for dark sim targets), mages are pretty low, and most healers are pretty low. My hpally especially is probably my lowest on keybinds. Like people have said though, stay away from druids of any spec if you want low keybinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I'm not a fan of reactionary defense and cd based classes...

I'm looking for a class thats self reliant in pvp and doesn't require tremendous amounts of gear to be successful at it. Rogues are just too gear defendant.
    This post is pretty telling. I really don't think your problem is with binds so much as your class. To be blunt no class performs well only using ten abilities, but some classes are more demanding with your choices regarding cooldown usage, cc drs, and so on. Rogues are one of those classes (and probably the foremost). What you want to play is either a hunter or a plate dps. Between those classes your exact choice comes down to whether you want an easier time with damage or survival. For example, hunters are probably the easiest class in the game when it comes to damage, but they have the worst survivability of the four I mentioned. Ret is the opposite, having access to consistent healing all the time but being the most cooldown-reliant with its damage. In between, I'd say warriors are a little closer to hunters and dks are closer to paladins.

Note that this is all assuming you're mostly just into random battlegrounds. Class dynamics can change a lot once you start talking about arena, but I didn't get the impression that's your area of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Kinda surprised so many people saying warrior.
    Think less competitive arena and more wall macroed into reck.
    Last edited by asb; 2014-05-02 at 03:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe Paladin, Mages and Priests have fewest keybinds at the moment.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Warriors easily have the least. Feral druids have an absurd amount to the point where I gave up leveling mine because I had no more room.

Maybe Shaman? Though if you bind all the totems it's a bit crowded now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Unfortunately for you rogue doesnt really have a lot of keybinds if you really wanted to break it down say compared to a feral druid.
    Yeah but that's because a feral druid is a retarded rogue minus 9 years of quality of life improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    Think less competitive arena and more wall macroed into reck.
    Yea I suppose so. Still, not counting any aoe type abilities, you need alot just to cover the basics as a warrior. OP, MS, CS, Slam, Execute, 5 abilities just for the basics of single target dps, not even counting tclap, HS, or sweeping strikes. Gotta have charge, hamstring, reflect, safeguard banners, stuns, stance-dance, and dps/def cds just to even be functional at the lowest level. Adds up pretty quick, mage can get away with blink, LB, FB, ice lance, orb, FFB, Cs, sheep, novas, and block and do alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

In my experience, frost death knight and destruction warlock are among the least key bind intensive; certainly less than rogue.