Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dak1 View Post
    Wow, no. Rogues have some of the most keybinds. I have 44 right now and that doesn't even count things like food
    Why would anyone ever keybind FOOD?
    Out of the specs I played, indeed, rogue has the fewest. I haven't run into problems trying to bind everything necessary.
    On the other hand prot warrior, blood DK and even disc priest required 30+ binds to play well. Yeah, disc. It has tons of cooldowns and utilities.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A good warrior is a CC/stun/interrupt/snare spamming nightmare. Any warrior that just tunnels dmg into someone isnt playing anywhere near his fullest potential.

Sac spec Destro Locks dont have anywhere near the kind of toolset that a warrior does. Not saying they (Locks) have nothing to do outside deepsing, but, depending on their build and petsac selection, they can find themselves with literally nothing but fear and dps. No snares to worry about peeling, no interrupts, no dispels, no purges - just tunnel/fear. Very simple playstyle requiring few keybinds. That is the great allure of sac/Destro. You can tune it to your playstyle by having as much or as little control as you want in addition to your Fear and outstanding burst dps. All while having a massive health pool and unparalleled self healing (albeit on a cooldown). Want an AoE Stun? Spec for it. Want an interrupt? Sac the appropriate pet. Want a knockback? Again, sac the right pet and you'll have one.

But you still wont have a control kit that compares to a warrior's.

[Edit: I always forget about Conflag snare, but that is a 2-charge system that prevents it from being spammed. And because each Conflag accelerates the next three Incinerates/single CB, it is almost always used for its dps potential over its snare component.]
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-05-02 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Why would anyone ever keybind FOOD?
    Out of the specs I played, indeed, rogue has the fewest. I haven't run into problems trying to bind everything necessary.
    On the other hand prot warrior, blood DK and even disc priest required 30+ binds to play well. Yeah, disc. It has tons of cooldowns and utilities.
    No CDs up, need to pillar/heal, maybe 1v1 against a hunter, blind the hunter, sprint from the pet, jump turn+gouge pet+ turn and keep running to pillar, gouge lasts 4 seconds but need 6-8 seconds to drop combat, get around the pillar, pet is almost back on me, eat+stealth with < 1 sec before pet puts me back into combat, drops aggro and pet returns, get 3 or so healing ticks before moving to avoid flare, wait for CDs to return. You'd be surprised how often situations like that pop up. Even more obvious when I did need to use a mouseover+Blind right before eating (mouse is not in position to click on food in that case).

Background, I'm a terrible pvper. Absolutely awful. I don't do RBG's and I absolutely refuse to set foot into arenas. I only do regular old fashioned bg's by clicking random or if I like what the weekend bg is I'll do that. Because I'm terrible, and don't have any friends in the game I'm a solo pvper. I need something that isn't necessarily gonna be the greatest, but I want to hold my own, and not be too reliant on other people. I'm not very good at handling key bindings. I can do small amounts of keybinds and everything else I click. I just hit 4 wrong keybinds before I hit the right one. My rogue I can only keybind 3 of it's cooldowns otherwise I'll blow half of them trying to get the right one. I'm just not very quick, I have poor reaction time for that.

I'm alright with healers but I'd probably just have one healer and one dps. I've tried my paladin in pvp, but it just doesn't hit worth anything as ret, and I really don't like the path they put holy paladins down.

I am thinking priest for my healer (dual spec holy and disc) and maybe a frost dk, though dual wield or 2hander for that?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    DW is mathematically superior to 2H for a mastery heavy frost build, but i would advise starting with a 2-hander. It is not far behind DW and if it turns out you like UH or Blood better, you already have a weapon. You can always pick up a couple of 1H weapons later.

Be forewarned though... As a melee character you will be very susceptible to CC. And DKs are more susceptible than most. To (partially) offset that CC vulnerability, Frost/UH DKs have more ranged pressure than any other melee spec.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-05-02 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    Background, I'm a terrible pvper. Absolutely awful. I don't do RBG's and I absolutely refuse to set foot into arenas. I only do regular old fashioned bg's by clicking random or if I like what the weekend bg is I'll do that. Because I'm terrible, and don't have any friends in the game I'm a solo pvper. I need something that isn't necessarily gonna be the greatest, but I want to hold my own, and not be too reliant on other people. I'm not very good at handling key bindings. I can do small amounts of keybinds and everything else I click. I just hit 4 wrong keybinds before I hit the right one. My rogue I can only keybind 3 of it's cooldowns otherwise I'll blow half of them trying to get the right one. I'm just not very quick, I have poor reaction time for that.

I'm alright with healers but I'd probably just have one healer and one dps. I've tried my paladin in pvp, but it just doesn't hit worth anything as ret, and I really don't like the path they put holy paladins down.

I am thinking priest for my healer (dual spec holy and disc) and maybe a frost dk, though dual wield or 2hander for that?
    How did you find my suggestion?

To me it was obvious from the start you aren't some amazing player or will ever be an arena pro that's why you should really stick to rogue in my opinion because you have the opportunity to pick really weak targets or ones that are being targeted by other players and vanish away should you be getting owned.

You will find as a DK, at your skill level (no disrespect), that you are just going to get crushed every bg as soon as someone decides to target you and you will be making your way back to this thread quicker than you can say "dk's suck."

Also when playing any character in a BG you need to factor in how much PvP gear you have and if you have the PvP weps as to me it sounds like you are running around with no PvP gear and rubbish weps.

For range a mage for melee a warrior, rogue or a shaman are pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    How did you find my suggestion?

To me it was obvious from the start you aren't some amazing player or will ever be an arena pro that's why you should really stick to rogue in my opinion because you have the opportunity to pick really weak targets or ones that are being targeted by other players and vanish away should you be getting owned.

You will find as a DK, at your skill level (no disrespect), that you are just going to get crushed every bg as soon as someone decides to target you and you will be making your way back to this thread quicker than you can say "dk's suck."

Also when playing any character in a BG you need to factor in how much PvP gear you have and if you have the PvP weps as to me it sounds like you are running around with no PvP gear and rubbish weps.
    It's working well enough, I had to add backstab since it seems my damage is abysmal only using hemo. I just wish there wasn't so many buttons. I can really see the use of a mouse over blind, but I can't remember too many buttons without confusing myself. I guess it's a "it takes time" thing. I'm just not a top player, and really don't have any interest at all in becoming one. I just want to hold my own. I'm gonna try a dk, haven't played one since wrath. Priest I haven't done since the original game. I tried a priest on PTR a few times and they seem pretty fun. Though people have said priests have a lot of buttons. Does Disc have a lot to be competitive or just a lot period?

Shadow priests seem to have a minimal amount of keybinds. To me they are a snore fest to play and I've only recently started playing one coming from being Disc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    snip
    Are you one of those people who still considers Destruction OP?

If you want to play at your full potential as Destruction with GoSac, you still require:
    -A macro for Command Demon (Requires both offensive and defensive targeting)
    -A keybind for Grimoire of Sacrifice
    -A keybind for Flames of Xoroth
    -Multiple keybinds and/or macros to manage your pet when it's active
    -Multiple keybinds or a macro to summon a different pet

Now I could also start listing up all the other macros you need to play at your full potential as GoSac Destruction but I think you get the idea.

why on earth would you need a keybind for gosac?

You use it once: in the starting area.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    It's working well enough, I had to add backstab since it seems my damage is abysmal only using hemo. I just wish there wasn't so many buttons. I can really see the use of a mouse over blind, but I can't remember too many buttons without confusing myself. I guess it's a "it takes time" thing. I'm just not a top player, and really don't have any interest at all in becoming one. I just want to hold my own. I'm gonna try a dk, haven't played one since wrath. Priest I haven't done since the original game. I tried a priest on PTR a few times and they seem pretty fun. Though people have said priests have a lot of buttons. Does Disc have a lot to be competitive or just a lot period?
    Fair enough, i only suggested hemo because i thought that with the positioning requirements of backstab you might find it a bit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    I don't know who has the least, but I know Hunter is almost guaranteed the most. SO yeah, avoid hunter.
    guess you haven't played warlock breh

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post

The only time you might need one is if you want to change your sac-demon ability mid match. For a specific comp etc. Aside from that it is a convenience.

Personally i bind literally everything for all 11 of my characters. If i might want to use the ability, no matter how unlikely or rarely - it gets a keybind. But then i've been playing for almost 9 years and i am perfectly at ease with 50+ keybinds per character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post

That is granted you want to start the game without your pet out and you don't plan to either revive or switch the pet you are using for GoSac.
    In arena you normally won't swap pets and at sub 2.2k rating you really won't see anyone that can properly manage their pet, but it can make the difference between losing or winning a game.
    For example: reviving your imp with FoX pre-Polymorph to free yourself with Cauterize Master and using the dispel to help your healer out.

For Warlocks, the difference between just playing the class and mastering the class is massive. You can do some basic stuff with only a few keybinds but in terms of rating, that won't bring you far at all.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-05-02 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Fair enough, i only suggested hemo because i thought that with the positioning requirements of backstab you might find it a bit hard.
    I only really use backstab when I have them stunned and I know that I can stay behind them. Other then that I just spam the shit outta hemo. It'll take some time. I'm gonna try to level a disc priest only through pvp. It'll take a long time, but it'll give me a better understanding. I'll do some instances for gear here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    That is granted you want to start the game without your pet out and you don't plan to either revive or switch the pet you are using for GoSac.
    In arena you normally won't swap pets and at sub 2.2k rating you really won't see anyone that can properly manage their pet, but it can make the difference between losing or winning a game.
    For example: reviving your imp with FoX pre-Polymorph to free yourself with Cauterize Master and using the dispel to help your healer out.

For Warlocks, the difference between just playing the class and mastering the class is massive. You can do some basic stuff with only a few keybinds but in terms of rating, that won't bring you far at all.
    oh that actually makes sense since gosac actually kills your pet.

Thank god blizzard gave me the option to buy a 90, I can't fucking stand leveling anymore. Instances are boring and repetitive the entire world sucks and low level pvp is an absolute god aweful mess. Question is buy a dk and go frost, or buy a priest and go disc.

Kinda wish i never made a dk until now.

Make a DK at 55.
    Level to 60.
    Boost to 90 & get max profs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Elemental shaman hello.
    Like 3 spells
    Far from it, ele shaman uses nearly all their spells when you compare them to PvE. Blizzard even realises how many keybinds shamans have in general, way too many.