Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Islamic Militant group kidnaps 220 school girls.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kidnappe...ram-militants/

Islamic militant group kidnapped 220 school girls, and are selling them to militants to be brides for $12. Most of these girls are pre-pubescent. Local government isn't actively searching for the girls, or the people who are responsible. This same group has blown up numerous schools, killing another thousand or so children.

At what point is intervention needed?

Never, Countries should take care of themselves. Almost ever European on this forum I have encountered likes to throw out the "America, the world's police " line. I don't think there should be an intervention.

Deleted
    This is very sad, I have no words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad that things happen still to this day in the world. What can you do though? Invade everyone that has crazy shit going on?
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Never, Countries should take care of themselves. Almost ever European on this forum I have encountered likes to throw out the "America, the world's police " line. I don't think there should be an intervention.
    You do know that this has not been ever in the history of countries been a reality right? Countries have always depended on each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Sad that things happen still to this day in the world. What can you do though? Invade everyone that has crazy shit going on?
    Globalwide free education would be a good start

I agree, but this small group seems like they could be put down pretty easily with minimal effort. I think targeting schools and small children is crossing the line to a new degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post

Globalwide free education would be a good start

And who is going to pay for the teachers to live there lives as well? Where will they get food? Who decides on the curriculum?

I don't think you realize the monstrosity of the task that would be, I mean it would literally be the biggest thing the world has ever done imo, bigger then the moon landings even.

And if you think people would agree on how to teach, and some of these countries would accept the "American/European" way of teaching, well..I don't think it is even in the realm of possiblity :P
    You're a towel.

If only you could actually convince the entire planet to value education, basic human rights and tolerance of others things like this would stop happening. We have a few hundred if not thousands of years to go until we can even give the impression that its even semi close to that assuming we don't have any major setbacks.

Ofc America does not want to police in this instance. They'd be helping muslims. They would need a whole lot of oil to make up for that.

What a surprise it's Boko Haram.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSQ91 View Post
    Ofc America does not want to police in this instance. They'd be helping muslims. They would need a whole lot of oil to make up for that.
    I think the islamic people are the ones that we would be taking out in this instance, as they are the ones that kidnapped the girls :P
    You're a towel.

I think the islamic people are the ones that we would be taking out in this instance, as they are the ones that kidnapped the girls :P
    The girls are from north Nigeria, so they're very likely muslim aswel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't disagree more. Something should be done. Screw what other people have to say about us. This isn't an issue of different countries looking out for themselves, theyre young girls who cant defend themselves.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-05-02 at 11:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Deleted
    USA is the reason these things are happening in the world today, some countries, especially poorer ones would've been much better off with a dictator than they are nowadays with those extremist militant groups. Just look at what's happening in Egypt...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    USA is the reason these things are happening in the world today, some countries, especially poorer ones would've been much better off with a dictator than they are nowadays with those extremist militant groups. Just look at what's happening in Egypt...
    Innocent people are being involved in this. That's a line that shouldn't be crossed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not sure if serious, or just hating on the USA because it's " the cool thing to do "

You don't even need to look that far.

Look at what's going on in Syria. That's our fault. The US, the EU, everyone who voiced support for the protestors and condemned Assad. No matter who wins, the people lose. If Assad wins all that bloodshed was for nothing, if the rebels win there will be another 10 years of fighting between a dozen different rebel groups. And more than half of them are muslim extremists.

We should just learn to keep our big mouth shut and let them figure it all out for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's totally the USA's fault that radical muslims want to kidnap little kids and sell them into slavery or sex trafficing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Innocent people are being involved in this. That's a line that shouldn't be crossed.
    Should other countries invade USA untill it changes it's gun laws because some kid went to his high school and shot 100 people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes it's totally the USA's fault that radical muslims want to kidnap little kids and sell them into slavery or sex trafficing.
    USA put those very radicals in the position of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should other countries invade USA untill it changes it's gun laws because some kid went to his high school and shot 100 people?

You're comparing a 1st world country like the US to a place like in the OP? Yeah I think you are detached from reality.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi