Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Never heard of EB pre cast, strange. I'll have to start doing that.

Edit: makes sense now I think about it though
    Last edited by mmoc9c2ec1fd5b; 2014-05-02 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    You know Anzen, not sure I've ever seen you post anything constructive, just snide comments.

How about you switch things up for a change and post something useful?

1) Why would you open with EB? I've never heard of that before. I've been led to believe that LvB offers more DPS per cast time so open with LvB into FS is best opener. Not having a go, just want to learn.

2) are you advocating popping ascendence when FS has less than 12 seconds remaining? So that you either have to stop LvB casting to reapply it or carry on casting LvB on a target with no FS?

3) Expertise, you can have that one
    Well not sure what the need was for that; I've been helping people in the Elemental Guide for weeks now. You posted wrong information, no need to insult others over it.

Everyone specced EB should open with EB.

No, I'm advocating popping it with 15 or more seconds remaining. I don't see how it's any different popping Ascendance with 1s on FS or 12s since you'll have to renew it anyways.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-05-02 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    3 seconds pre-pull use fire elemental totem
    about 2 seconds use your potion & cast lighting bolt (adjust for haste/latency)
    1 second Lust

Flame Shock
    Lava Burst
    Storm Lash
    Unleashed Elements
    Lava Surged Lava Burst (if available)
    Ascendance
    Spam Lava Burst
    I thought there was a consensus on UF into a casted LvB + FS is greater damage than any other combo of those 3 spells because the UE buff applies to both LvB and FS AND it will usually force a meta gem proc at the start of the fight for your first Flame Shock. This means you have a stronger opener within the first three spells casted as combat is beginning AND your first full flame shock will be affected by the 30% haste buff as well.

Additionally, Storm Lash will be a better benefit to your dps going into Ascendance right afterwards due to Storm Lash scaling better with your abilities. Finally, it will buff the raid's dps the most because most classes have to setup their CDs just like us. Finally, I would recommend using Bloodlust after combat has begun because casting lust one second before combat will not speed up anyones' pre-casted abilities. Using Bloodlust anywhere between 0 seconds and your first global would be sufficient to buff your first Lava Burst and not waste Bloodlust time before combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballpooner View Post
    I thought there was a consensus on UF into a casted LvB + FS is greater damage than any other combo of those 3 spells because the UE buff applies to both LvB and FS AND it will usually force a meta gem proc at the start of the fight for your first Flame Shock. This means you have a stronger opener within the first three spells casted as combat is beginning AND your first full flame shock will be affected by the 30% haste buff as well.
    Just to throw it out there. Let's compare LB > UE > FS > LvB vs LB > UE > LvB > FS.

Now in both of these scenarios, LB is casted pre-combat so it's fair to say they'll do roughly the same damage. Unleash Elements is casted at the same point, and so the damage component of that will also be the same. In the first rotation, FS will gain the benefit of UE elements (and a meta proc), the same also applies to the second rotation and so it's fair to say FS will do roughly the same damage in both situations.

Lava Burst. In situation 1, it's not receiving the direct benefit of UE but it is receiving the benefit of FS. Lava Burst will do 50% (since FS on target) + 10% (since the Unleashed Fury buff is up). In situation 2, it's not receiving the benefit of FS (this is calculated from when you finish your cast, not when the spell hits the boss) but it is receiving the benefit of both the initial UE and the UF bonus. Lava Burst will do 30% (from UE) + 10% (since the Unleashed Fury buff is up).

It's clear without even needing to expand further than this, that using LvB before FS has been applied is a bad idea. Whilst I can agree it's a (very) good idea to utilize this trick in combat when FS is just about to run out and LvB happens to be coming off cooldown, I can't say it's a good idea to use in your opener.

That said, it appears I open differently to others in this thread!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-05-03 at 07:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Just to throw it out there. Let's compare LB > UE > FS > LvB vs LB > UE > LvB > FS.

It's clear without even needing to expand further than this, that using LvB before FS has been applied is a bit idea. Whilst I can agree it's a (very) good idea to utilize this trick in combat when FS is just about to run out and LvB happens to be coming off cooldown, I can't say it's a good idea to use in your opener.

That said, it appears I open differently to others in this thread!
    Wait, so LvB damage is calculated when you finish your cast rather than when it reaches its target? God damn, people are feeding me lies.

How come its a good idea in combat but not as an opener?

Deleted
    Download an addon named ReforgeLite to make stat priorities a non-issue. Other than that, make sure to work your way towards the legendary meta-gem and cloak.
    The trinket from Immerseus, whether it be raid finder or higher will dramatically increase your dps.
    The shamans you see bursting upwards of 700-800k have the help of full raid buffs, pre-pots, perfectly timed Stormlash Totems and Skull Banners.
    Otherwise try to line up your Ascendance with as many trinket procs and helpful boss mechanics as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    Wait, so LvB damage is calculated when you finish your cast rather than when it reaches its target? God damn, people are feeding me lies.

How come its a good idea in combat but not as an opener?
    Well in most (practically all) cases LvB damage is decided when your cast finishes, Unleash Elements is an (the only?) exception as Tickle has pointed out. For some reason the UE buff is only removed when a spell damages the boss (which is why there are lots of people advocating double-dipping of the UE buff).

My post before reflects this though.

Also about why it's a good idea in combat and not in your opener:

If you're in combat with Flame Shock about to run out, you can use UE > LvB > FS. This would mean that not only does LvB still do 50% damage because it still benefits from the FS already on the boss, but you can also apply a buffed FS to replace the one about to run out. The difference between this and opening with it is that LvB also benefits from FS in this situation.

You shouldn't try to deliberately wait for this though, and just do it if the stars line up.

Also can't say I appreciate all the sarcasm and negativity when I'm trying to help out.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-05-04 at 04:30 AM.