Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Thr best solution for Soul of Forest is somethink like "Your Shooting Stars can stack 2 times"

Suggestion for Soul of the Forest:
    - Your Starfall and Sunfall deal 50% damage to all enemies within 8 yards of the target, but these abilities may drop a maximum of 10 stars.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

- Reduce the cooldown of Celestial Alignment by 66% (1min, down from 3). But your Celestial Alignment lasts 10 seconds.

That's all I have for now.

Hey, with the removal of snap shotting, I think there was a note that the eclipse state you were in when you cast sunfire/moonfire will still effect the dot for the duration, but what about starfall/sunfall? Are we going to want to hold ourselves in an eclipse until they have expired or just keep pushing towards the next one? It seems like insect swarm plus the enhanced starsurge will give you more starfalls that will end up being less potent, as leaving lunar eclipse will weaken it.

And for a more on topic point. I really like the feel of hitting and eclipse, seeing the eclipse bar slow down while NG is up and then hitting 0 and seeing the eclipse bar kick into fast motion. Based on liking the feel of this I think I'd like to stay clear of equinox.

Quote Originally Posted by antsterr View Post
    Hey, with the removal of snap shotting, I think there was a note that the eclipse state you were in when you cast sunfire/moonfire will still effect the dot for the duration, but what about starfall/sunfall? Are we going to want to hold ourselves in an eclipse until they have expired or just keep pushing towards the next one? It seems like insect swarm plus the enhanced starsurge will give you more starfalls that will end up being less potent, as leaving lunar eclipse will weaken it.

And for a more on topic point. I really like the feel of hitting and eclipse, seeing the eclipse bar slow down while NG is up and then hitting 0 and seeing the eclipse bar kick into fast motion. Based on liking the feel of this I think I'd like to stay clear of equinox.
    Starfall doesn't snapshot now so I don't see why would we change strategies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antsterr View Post

Also if your NG runs out by the time you hit mid-way you either have terrible gear, or you're doing it wrong. On some fights i have as high as 95%+ NG Uptime.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    Honestly i think they should scrap readiness and go back to amp, i guess readiness is a cool stat tho if you actually have the CDs. Amp just seemed 100x better than every other stat so i guess they couldnt balance it.
    I Agree readiness is headed to bad places, since it affects utility in a way it will be a weird stat, probably required for some fights, not for others, youll want a readiness set around for sure. I really think that readiness should stay.. as a tertiary stat that affects only utility. It could always replace sturdiness as a tertiary as nobody really cares about indestructible items... not like it's going to save significant gold in the gbank.

Amplification was bad stat because it's redundant (I bet almost everyone would go Best stat > Amp ), and probably scales better at higher gear levels, and it's kinda hard to put a diminishing return on it to prevent that... They could've always played a bit around with it though.. just like amp increases crit damage instead of crit chance, affect our mastery differently... allow multistrike to strike a 2nd time? Just throwing ideas there...

Deleted
    Hmm.. overall i think the best design for Soul of the Forest was the 5.2 version, generates x energy when you leave solar/lunar eclipse, but don't know how that would work with IS and Equinox though.
    Last edited by mmoca9d48ebf0f; 2014-05-03 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    Hmm.. overall i think the best design for Soul of the Forest was the 5.2 version, generates x energy when you leave solar/lunar eclipse, but don't know how that would work with IS and Equinox though.
    They could return that effect since a passive choice in each tier is good to have for many reasons. Also make it so that if someone chooses SotF+Equinox then the effect of SotF changes to add 2-3 seconds on NG to match the 20 energy effect - 1 Starfire cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Suggestion for Soul of the Forest:
    - Your Starfall and Sunfall deal 50% damage to all enemies within 8 yards of the target, but these abilities may drop a maximum of 10 stars.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

- Reduce the cooldown of Celestial Alignment by 66% (1min, down from 3). But your Celestial Alignment lasts 10 seconds.

That's all I have for now.
    Those sound more like glyphs than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    They could return that effect since a passive choice in each tier is good to have for many reasons. Also make it so that if someone chooses SotF+Equinox then the effect of SotF changes to add 2-3 seconds on NG to match the 20 energy effect - 1 Starfire cast.
    Soul of the Forest for resto is so much more interesting. Idk why they don't just copy it for balance lol. Idk what would trigger it though. Oh crap snapshotting gone maybe they have to change it for both specs.

Anyway the problem is finding a passive that even comes close to the increase from incarnation and force of nature. Giant haste proc or uhhhh haste is bad choice how about 500 multistrike for 5sec when entering an eclipse? or some mastery rating? changing eclipse energy is awful idea, sorry

SOTF granted a flat amount of rating doesn't scale well. (Like DOC in 5.4...it's just a flat increase.)

Another idea for SOTF:
    - Euphoria expanded to Hurricane/Astral Storm. Mushrooms are spellstorm. Astral Storm deals 20% more damage (to match Hurricane).
    - Whenever Wild Mushroom: Detonate is maxes out, you gain Shooting Stars. Reduce Moonfire and Sunfire damage by 20% and increase Starfire, Wrath damage by 15%.

SOTF granted a flat amount of rating doesn't scale well. (Like DOC in 5.4...it's just a flat increase.)

Another idea for SOTF:
    - Euphoria expanded to Hurricane/Astral Storm. Mushrooms are spellstorm. Astral Storm deals 20% more damage (to match Hurricane).
    - Whenever Wild Mushroom: Detonate is maxes out, you gain Shooting Stars. Reduce Moonfire and Sunfire damage by 20% and increase Starfire, Wrath damage by 15%.
    I meant a proc when you enter eclipse like sotf does for resto when they use swiftmend. It would buff the first cast of a new eclipse with a lot of mastery or multistrike. Astral storm doing more damage makes eclipses more pointless, breaking the solar for aoe, lunar for single tar idea.

Edit: Euphoria on it's own is strong enough. Insect swarm is available as well if you want a faster rotation. You don't know how hurricane/astral storm will interact with euphoria yet. Starsurge energy generation has been increased. There's no reason to add more talents or spells that make the rotation faster.

Not sure where you're going with the mushroom thing. too complex. You're aoeing and getting single target buffs? ehh
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-05-03 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    I meant a proc when you enter eclipse like sotf does for resto when they use swiftmend. It would buff the first cast of a new eclipse with a lot of mastery or multistrike. Astral storm doing more damage makes eclipses more pointless, breaking the solar for aoe, lunar for single tar idea.
    The "single target" and "AOE" eclipse idea is really, really awful. There should be a small difference. And with Enhanced Mushroom perk, Solar is crazy stronger. Now you factor in Enhanced Storms... now you can't control Eclipse at all, not without absolutely gimping yourself (literally spamming DOTs for the entire time.) There's a difference between skillful play, and getting gimped by your own toolkit.

The "single target" and "AOE" eclipse idea is really, really awful. There should be a small difference. And with Enhanced Mushroom perk, Solar is crazy stronger. Now you factor in Enhanced Storms... now you can't control Eclipse at all, not without absolutely gimping yourself (literally spamming DOTs for the entire time.) There's a difference between skillful play, and getting gimped by your own toolkit.
    It's a good idea for controlled single target and aoe burst. You can control this burst by nerfing your own sustained for a short time, which I think is a fair tradeoff. If you want maximized sustained damage or best damage per second, then yes, atm you would have to continue to cycle non-stop. It didn't work for sustained aoe and that's being fixed ofc by enhanced storms.

Blurring the identities of eclipse states further and further until it gets to the point where it shouldn't exist isn't a great idea. I enjoy the resource, personally.

The news for class design is really far behind atm probably because they stopped pushing new builds. If we don't see a change in SotF in the next build, I'd strongly encourage people to ask devs to come up with interesting new ideas for it and to make Equinox somewhat stronger like they did for Savagery with ferals.

Another idea for SOTF:

Honestly, i dont like those ideas. I think switching talents here and there is fine, but talents should benefit your spec in every way, perhaps favoring one way more than the others... Just like the current tier100 talents. Insect swarm is strong single target, but good for multidotting. Sunfall is good for ST but better for 2 target cleave, and euphoria is straight out better.

I just dont think talents should be too strong in a way than another. I don't think this is blizzard's intent either.