Poll: Agree "if you don't raid, you don't need raid gear"?

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You want better gear? Go get it? I'd hate to be raiding normal/heroic knowing the LFRs raiders have the EXACT same gear as me only with a lower ilvl, same bonuses same skins, why would I bother? Not saying this is why I quit, but in hindsight it probably did factor in.

Where does it say you need Tier set bonuses in order to progress the next LFR?
    Also let's wait for the new group/raid finder tool and see how it works out with flex/normal....

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Yes, just don't make that LFR gear confer special set bonuses or have amazing trinkets. Problem solved. You still get slight power increase each tier, but those who play at a higher level won't feel forced to run lesser content.
    I like the idea of Cosmetic tokens from LFR that has the look of tier with no bonuses what so ever if folks really want to feel cool. have them bonus rollable after you have gotten the usuable gear from a particular boss that would normally drop tier. I am pretty sure that has it's own host of issues I haven't thought of but it gives LFR some longevity for those that absolutely don't want to step up to normal and solves the issue of folks mad because they look like they are wearing shitty gear.

Some people like join random heroics with 550 gear and blowing everything up, some people love doing dailies and would prefer doing that with 550 gear, some people love soloing old raids and the better gear you have the more bosses you can do. Having better gear simply makes you feel good. I really don't get how people are so angry with people getting ilvl528 gear when they have 580 themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    ITT also people who talk seriously about "effort" in a video game.
    ITT also people who make snide comments about other people over a video game forum and don't know what irony is.

See I can do it too!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-04 at 01:29 PM.

Some people like join random heroics with 550 gear and blowing everything up, some people love doing dailies and would prefer doing that with 550 gear, some people love soloing old raids and the better gear you have the more bosses you can do. Having better gear simply makes you feel good. I really don't get how people are so angry with people getting ilvl528 gear when they have 580 themselves...
    It's not about the ilvl it's about the tier skin and bonuses

I wonder why the, "they don't deserve what we have" crowd has the loudest voices. I am much more partial to the idea that different difficulties have different looking gear. We would benefit from that in replay value and xmog and w/e other shit that comes down to, "I run all this every week, because, fashion"
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    See I can do it too!
    No you can't. You failed to stay on topic.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Gear is a tool in order to be able to defeat more bosses. LFR gives you gear in order to beat Flex. Flex gives to beat normal. Normal gives to beat Heroic. That is how it works. So as long as LFR gives gear that allows you to do Flex all is well and fine. If it gives you too good gear (overgearing Flex) it would be a problem.
    It have already done this since Normals are tuned for heroic dungeon blues - so going into normals with flex or even lfr peices is overgearing the encounters by alot.

However, it's important to keep all parts of the playerbase (since everyone who pays their sub is a part of keeping it up and running) happy and there should be some (small) room for improvement to your characters even on lfr level as for some (probably most) the main incentive in the game is to feel your character grow in strenght and not kill cutting edge bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc84ca5d4ef2; 2014-05-04 at 12:05 PM.

ITT also people who talk seriously about "effort" in a video game.
    Some Video games require Effort, just like if you are in a bowling league it requires effort to compete against other players. If you dont want to do so go play a single player game that is not designed around this style of play.

The central tenet of the game is character progression, and without gear that stops dead in the water at level cap. If they can't be assed to give other means of progression or change the dynamic of the game to where that progression is moot, then gear is absolutely necessary.

Does it need to be on par with what the hardcore types are wearing? No. Not at all. But if there's no progression, there's no reason to keep up a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I personally love 5 man heroics, and am in some heroic gear. I hate fucking farming/making gold so I find it more entertaining, more social then mining nodes.
    Its fun when a tank sees for sure I can handle them being crazy and we just have fun.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

No you can't. You failed to stay on topic.
    It's a good thing that particular saying has nothing to do with being on topic then. I'm glad you're here to make sure I don't make mistakes though. It's also nice to have someone to catch them!

The way they are going about it this time is so much better.

LFR = Epics, but not raid gear(No Special trinkets, Tier sets, WF/Socket/Tertriary stuff)
    Normal/Heroic = Baseline raiding gear, WF/Socket/Tertriary is available and so are Tier sets/Trinkets
    Mythic = Same as Normal/Heroic but Higher iLvl, possibility of Mythic-only bosses which grant items not available to the raiders of other difficulties.

The biggest issue was that we gave LFR tier and trinkets in the first place, the second you give them anything they feel they are entitled to it always and forever. It is the same concept as give them an inch and they will take a mile.

You will get gear from LFR still pretty purples to show off to the non-100s, but you won't get the tier there is no reason what so ever you need powerful gear and trinkets if you don't plan to utilize it which from what we are hearing the main concern is people that "Can't get into Flex" (which is BS to the max). But say you are too lazy to find a flex, then you don't even need it in the first place, dailies don't require tier sets and raid trinkets, nor do dungeons. I can tell you right now that Challenge modes won't, what do you want them for? To look pretty?

I'm sincerely confused why LFR people feel as though they need this gear if all they plan to do is LFR where they won't need it, and if they do plan to step up to Normal/flex then they will get it there. So what is the ACTUAL argument for LFR to have tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    I wonder why the, "they don't deserve what we have" crowd has the loudest voices. I am much more partial to the idea that different difficulties have different looking gear. We would benefit from that in replay value and xmog and w/e other shit that comes down to, "I run all this every week, because, fashion"
    Because they are the same crowd that feels that they are entitled to every little thing with no effort. They also think that everyone should get rewarded in sports because everyone played and tried. They are nothing but a lazy bunch of elitist plain and simple. I never got to see Nax 1.0 or Sunwell but I didnt bitch because I didnt truly have time for it that I should be entitled to that content and gear. But entitled people make casual like me look bad.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helzbelz View Post
    Some Video games require Effort, just like if you are in a bowling league it requires effort to compete against other players. If you dont want to do so go play a single player game that is not designed around this style of play.
    No effort is required in any video games. Especially in WoW. Video games are entertainment, not a job. Whatever you as a player may think and desire to put effort into - it is not NEEDED in the game. It's just something you believe.

In wow it is beneficial to raiders if everyone gets a current patch entry tier of gear for free on reaching max level. Think about.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Blizzards attitude is more or less "If you don't raid, you shouldn't be playing this game"
    Nice way to take it COMPLETELY out of perspective, more like if you only raid LFR for 'content' you don't need the specialized gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I really don't get how people are so angry with people getting ilvl528 gear when they have 580 themselves...
    It's not about having 580 gear at this point.

The issue is at the start of the tier where you had 540-550 ilvl, and the tier bonuses from LFR were more powerful than some off set normal items.

I also don't want to do LFR on alts. I'd rather jump straight into flex then normal, with heroic 5 mans providing the same gear as LFR.

I think its one of the most ridiculous statements ever made tbh, because technically raiders don't need it either. Content is cleared all the time by groups of players without the proper gear. Gear is nothing more than a carrot, something to keep you actively engaged. No matter what player you are, you want a reason to keep going, to keep doing whatever it is you enjoy. Gear is part of that, and yes raid gear, or gear on par with raid gear, is just as much a carrot for those that aren't full time raiders.