Poll: Which had the better LFR?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Was LFR better in cataclysm or MoP?

In cataclysm we didnt have bonus rolls, and the loot was tradeable.
    Not to mention there were only 2 wings rather than the several we have now.

In my opinion lfr was alot more fun and interesting in cataclysm, and now it feels like a huge drag in MoP.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP without a doubt, personal loot 1000* times better than people being able to steal loot randomly :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria.

I hated the need/greed system in Cata for LFR. I respected it. But most people didn't and it turned into a needing system, even with my friends. They'd purposely need things so they could give them to each other and keep it out of the hands of other people.

Just by LFR alone, I'd say MoP has the far superior LFR, due to bonus rolls, personal loot (No one needing when they really didn't need it anymore), and the pets and bags you can get.

The only mistake MoP had with LFR was using it to replace heroic dungeons in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP's. Dragon Soul LFR was chock-full of loot abuse with people needing on items to give to their guildies. It was all the worst elements of pug raid looting with nobody there to mitigate the chaos.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The only mistake MoP had with LFR was using it to replace heroic dungeons in my opinion.
    Ahhh! That might be a huge reason why I felt cataclysm was better. Dungeons were actually a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old system was way better. It encouraged you to play with guild mates and friends. Not to mention they didn't decide to overtune ds lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    Ahhh! That might be a huge reason why I felt cataclysm was better. Dungeons were actually a choice.
    They weren't a choice in Cata either. DS LFR > hour of twilight 5 mans in terms of loot,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    Not really. Dungeons dropped 378, LFR dropped what? 384, and had tier gear.

Deleted
    MoP hands down. Personal Loot >>>> Need/Greed in a LFR environment.

Deleted
    MoP. However running it on my alt's to gear them has become the most frustrating thing in the game for me. I don't understand how people are still so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Lol, 4.3 dungeons were so much more entertaining though o.o
    Atleast in my opinion. I could've run well of eternity forever.

Mists is far better, if only because there is no longer fighting and bitching and bellyaching and greediness and entitlement over loot toxifiying the player pool.

MoP was much better; for all the flaws the personal loot system had it was worlds better than Dragon Soul LFR where you had people that would:

A) Need on an item that they already had/had a better one just for the lulz/to vendor
    B) Need on a tier piece to hold it for ransom later in case the tier piece they actually wanted dropped
    C) Need on an item to give to a friend/guildmate/person from their server
    D) Need on an item to give to whoever they thought deserved it the most
    E) Need on an item just so "scrubs" didn't get the chance to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP, and I'm really gonna miss what it was.

Cata was pretty much unplayable with all the ninjas unless you were doing it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    In terms of swapping to an alt for a DS run though, you could do normal with 378s. Unlike now, where you need to do some form of LFR to even have a chance to step into flex. So dungeons were still a choice, unless you were planning on getting into PUGs, but they wanted like almost fully heroic DS gear anyway.

Deleted
    The cata loot system for LFR was disgustingly bad and I feel that's where a lot of stigmatism against LFR is ingrained. MoPs, while not perfect, is leagues above and beyond what cata had. But in all fairness blizz was just testing the water. Shame it had to scald their toe so much before they decided to cool it down a bit.

In Cata I could bring 10+ people with me and we would monopolize everything we want. Good times...

Was much better than terrible droprates in MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I am probably going to catch the ire of many people in here, but I preferred Cata loot system more. Reason being is it promoted team work within guilds for LFR.

Got to gear a new Shaman healer real quick, everyone jump on your Hunter/Warrior/Shaman and lets roll. Everyone hits need and funnels it to your guildie. I am sure I pissed off many people doing this, but hey everyone had the same chance to do the same thing, we took the time to do it.
    Mainly 99 percent of the time though it was only for the last 2 bosses for weapon/trinkets
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?