Thread: Cheating in pvp

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Cheating in pvp

auto interrupt
    auto skill use (defensive stance while stunned)
    lag switches
    ddos

seems like it's widely used and not punished. To what point can we get away with using things like these in rated pvp?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    auto interrupt
    auto skill use (defensive stance while stunned)
    lag switches
    ddos

seems like it's widely used and not punished. To what point can we get away with using things like these in rated pvp?
    ddos -your job to protect your ass - blizz is innocent.
    lag switches-this is entirely blizz fault. If their netcode wasnt shit it wouldnt be a problem.

the automation thing -sadly cant be fixed by blizz -at least on tournees its impossible so for competitions it wont matter.

They cracked down on it a couple of months ago where a lot of people lost their play privileges. But as with everything cheaty-related, they show up again sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear so many DDOS it's amazing. I'm starting to think people are exaggerating.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I've seen several people auto-interrupt before. Like, I'll get interrupted around the same time my cast bar appears on my screen, before it even budges. Can't fake cast if I can't even begin casting..lol. It's always the same person too.

I've never taken a caster to max level though, so maybe this is only found in lower level BGs.

Don't forget;

Auto-spell reflect (using spell reflect at the exact moment the spell is used)
    Auto-cancel cast when an interrupt is used (impossible to land an interrupt)
    Perfect CC

All these are provided as routines for a certain well-known botting program. There are even claims of bot users getting 2400+ rating from people using these routines.

Totally unacceptable.

Only one kind of people cheats in pvp and that is russians.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-05 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Don't cloud this issue with mindless accusations. That's obviously not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I hear so many DDOS it's amazing. I'm starting to think people are exaggerating.
    It's pretty popular in high-ranked RBGs.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    good thinking! Put blame onto a commonly hated enemy to divert from yourself.
    Details like russians not even playing on US servers are not known anyway.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I used to think a lot of this stuff was overly reported, then I got interrupted on a .23 second cast and was like what....
    I know a few people who use various bots for this stuff, a lot of them make barely any attempt to hide it. I am not that inclined to believe its a major deal at the top though, because Blizz seems to pay a bit more attention to the top ranked people then 1750 2/3/5's.
    I used to hate those damn lag macros though, I would get in 2's for cap only and some warrior or dk would say out of range or whatever then teleport like 5 times in rapid succession then be right back to being out of range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to see auto-interrupt a loooooooot. It's really annoying but I still haven't come across anyone using it who was particularly good at playing their character, so it doesn't effect the outcome too much at least.

i put griefing and cheating into the same category because it's all bad.

blizz needs to rethink their strategy on rooting out cheaters of their products. the strategy should include all of this mentioned above and give them a one time warning of 6 months ban and the second time gone for life. this is only half of the problem for conduct. the other half is the rude grief that people talk trash on others especial women. like 68% of women that game hide their sex because of assholes that don't deserve to be playing the game in the first place. if they aren't thief smart they better start being thief smart now. cheating is a trend.

there is a lot of griefing going on and just with what women go through confirms to me. i go through it to. i'm tired of it and by damn i would sure like to sink my jaguar teeth into these asshole and drag them into the jungle to feast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPYc...o4n_-eK0pUONm7

i put griefing and cheating into the same category because it's all bad.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

15+ Year Old Account
    For me I am having the opposite problem. Most people are 90% predictable. I play like 7 classes and I most likely know when you will try to cast something. I know most of the classes rotations and I know what you should cast after that cast, so times I just hit interrupt before they even cast because I know that they will cast something(interrupting instant starsurge is always fun). So some people think I bot hack and I just laugh at them.

Though sometimes I do waste an interrupt if I happen to be wrong.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Don't cloud this issue with mindless accusations. That's obviously not true.
    Clearly it isn't. Im pretty sure every country has their cheating dipshits. Even tho i think people are exaggerating. We all know there are cheaters, and that makes everyone assume they are facing one right now when they cant see behind what is going on, and that is easy to miss even if you are an experienced player...

...however, the odd thing is i only encounter exploding lag-spikes and mass-disconnecting Teams when fighting Russians i realized quite a while ago after someone mentioned something similar, dragging my attention to the realms i am fighting.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Deleted
    Auto interrupt is the most annoying cheat ever, doesn't affect me on my monk at least, but on my warlock it pisses me off, seriously hope it gets fixed for good somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Is lag switch the one that will make it always say target is out of range, even when they are right in too of me?

had it a few times with mages and hunters, just dotting around and no matter what I do it says out if range , I see that in 2s quite a bit.

I'm usually between 130ms-200ms latency. I don't know how much that effects being able to hit targets with my monk or warrior. I will say its very common for me to be almost on top of someone and still be "out of range".

Happens a lot when I try to charge from my mount. I'll dismount but not charge.

My wife and I are not good at pvp anyway so when this stuff happens in 2s its a real bummer. I don't know/won't say we are being cheated but our gaming experience has been way more laggy lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I've seen several people auto-interrupt before. Like, I'll get interrupted around the same time my cast bar appears on my screen, before it even budges. Can't fake cast if I can't even begin casting..lol. It's always the same person too..
    Don't wait for any client-side response. Press your ability key then immediately move to cancel it. Kickbots are actually quite easy to deal with once you realize it's in play.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    For me I am having the opposite problem. Most people are 90% predictable. I play like 7 classes and I most likely know when you will try to cast something. I know most of the classes rotations and I know what you should cast after that cast, so times I just hit interrupt before they even cast because I know that they will cast something(interrupting instant starsurge is always fun). So some people think I bot hack and I just laugh at them.
    You do know that instant casts are not interruptible, right? And if you're that attentive to every detail of peoples' gameplay you should know how much more effective it is to kick the tail end of a cast. I've never even seen you play and I'd say you're running an interruptbot too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    You do know that instant casts are not interruptible, right? And if you're that attentive to every detail of peoples' gameplay you should know how much more effective it is to kick the tail end of a cast.
    It is very rare(and maybe a bug) but it is possible to interrupt an instant starsurge. I have done it and have had it happened to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They're not. Lag switching is also pretty commonplace.